GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

save high score with custom score

hi guys what happens is that I try to make a high score using a custom score but when I do my score reflega not the high score

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic" alt="" title="" />

Comments

  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,908Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    edited October 2016

    Which part isn't working? The image or the value in highscore. Are you also doing a Load Attribute from the value saved in highscore? How/where/when are you doing that? When you load that value into an attribute, how have you checked to see if it's correct (e.g. Display Text, Log Debugging Statement)?

    New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

  • oswaldev018oswaldev018 Posts: 34Member

    @tatiang said:
    Which part isn't working? The image or the value in highscore. Are you also doing a Load Attribute from the value saved in highscore? How/where/when are you doing that? When you load that value into an attribute, how have you checked to see if it's correct (e.g. Display Text, Log Debugging Statement)?

    my score if displayed with images and when towards the high score with text display working but when I did the same with the function of images does not keep the high score

  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,908Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    edited October 2016

    I can only see the part of your expression that is:

    "score_"..floor((game.score%self.divisor)/(self.divis

    The full expression should be:

    "score_"..floor((game.score%self.divisor)/(self.divisor/10))

    Where self.divisor is a multiple of ten for each digit (e.g. 10, 100, 1000, etc.).

    If that's what you have, let's try some sample scores:

    Score Expression


    0        score_0
    1        score_1
    9        score_9
    10      score_1 and score_0
    99      score_9 and score_9

    Are your expressions correct? Do you have image files called score_0.png, score_1.png, etc.?

    New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

  • oswaldev018oswaldev018 Posts: 34Member

    @tatiang said:
    I can only see the part of your expression that is:

    "score_"..floor((game.score%self.divisor)/(self.divis

    The full expression should be:

    "score_"..floor((game.score%self.divisor)/(self.divisor/10))

    Where self.divisor is a multiple of ten for each digit (e.g. 10, 100, 1000, etc.).

    If that's what you have, let's try some sample scores:

    Score Expression


    0        score_0
    1        score_1
    9        score_9
    10      score_1 and score_0
    99      score_9 and score_9

    Are your expressions correct? Do you have image files called score_0.png, score_1.png, etc.?

    if but when i try to make save high score using this method does not

  • oswaldev018oswaldev018 Posts: 34Member

    @oswaldev018 said:

    @tatiang said:
    I can only see the part of your expression that is:

    "score_"..floor((game.score%self.divisor)/(self.divis

    The full expression should be:

    "score_"..floor((game.score%self.divisor)/(self.divisor/10))

    Where self.divisor is a multiple of ten for each digit (e.g. 10, 100, 1000, etc.).

    If that's what you have, let's try some sample scores:

    Score Expression


    0        score_0
    1        score_1
    9        score_9
    10      score_1 and score_0
    99      score_9 and score_9

    Are your expressions correct? Do you have image files called score_0.png, score_1.png, etc.?

    if the score with images works perfectly for me but when i try to make save high score using this method does not

  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,908Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

    Well, I asked you some questions and you haven't answered them so I can't help you further until I have those details. I think there might be a language barrier here so maybe you can give more details.

    New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

  • SoAGAMESSoAGAMES Posts: 81Member

    what I say is that my score works well with images but can awsome method to save the high score

  • SoAGAMESSoAGAMES Posts: 81Member

    @tatiang said:
    Well, I asked you some questions and you haven't answered them so I can't help you further until I have those details. I think there might be a language barrier here so maybe you can give more details.

    what I say is that my score works well with images but can awsome method to save the high score

  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,908Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you wrote.

    New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Sign In or Register to comment.