GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Display text in HTML questions...

LokitoesLokitoes Posts: 142Member, PRO

Hi all,

In my preview windows my text comes up as centred in its text boxes (on the Y index), as it should be, but once it is actually running in Chrome, the text sticks to the very top of the text box rather than down in the centre. Is there a way to fix this, either in GS or perhaps even in the exported html itself? eg a line I can add to the font section of the code?

Second question - generally it seems that with an html export you have to load it to a server for it to work properly. Though I found today when editing the font in the html export that now that part of the script works without being on a server, but the rest of the game is still just black... Has anyone else found this? If I technically were to slightly change every line in the code, would the whole thing eventually work locally?!?

Comments

• adent42adent42 Posts: 1,438Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

@Lokitoes we're testing an update to the HTML5 engine that will fix this. I have one that's pretty close, but it's not very performant. We're working on a performance fix, but it has problems with multi-line text for now. If you PM me your project, I can send you a link to an updated engine you can use to test things out and see if it's good enough for you for now.