Animation problem. Zip project included

ohtukrwohtukrw Sir dogeMember Posts: 106
edited July 2016 in Working with GS (PC)

So..... About 5 hours wasted for a simple animation bug fix just to jump onto another (probably simple too) animation bug :neutral:
I had this issue with stored image not showing up after un pausing the game, which was fixed by storing animation's current images in different self.integers. Wasted another hour for another bug to just find out that self.boolean was preset as on...........

Anyway :smiley: back to the new ''bug''

Here is my issue:
Player scores 500 points. Hero changes image. But the fun part is...

If the 500 points are scored exactly when the first animation was shown,
it messes up the second main image. OR it does't animate the second image...

Here's the link for the brightest:
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/feuEg6mK/file.html

Takes me hours to get these things. Maybe it will take you minutes :smiley:

Comments

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106
    edited July 2016

    //

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106
    edited July 2016

    //

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

    bump

  • IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,484

    @ohtukrw said:
    Here is my issue:
    Player scores 500 points. Hero changes image. But the fun part is...

    If the 500 points are scored exactly when the first animation was shown,
    it messes up the second main image. OR it does't animate the second image...

    Can you be more specific , im sure it wont take long but its a bit confusing

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

    @Icebox said:

    @ohtukrw said:
    Here is my issue:
    Player scores 500 points. Hero changes image. But the fun part is...

    If the 500 points are scored exactly when the first animation was shown,
    it messes up the second main image. OR it does't animate the second image...

    Can you be more specific , im sure it wont take long but its a bit confusing

    Basically 500 points triggers game boolean, which triggers 2nd image and 2nd animation.
    (Imagine achieving a different item after set amount of points) But the main factor is the timing of when those 500 points were achieved. If they were achieved, when first animation was still in display, that messes up the second image and second animation. I wish them to work perfectly, however I think my approach to them somehow is incorrect.

  • NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

    So right now are you doing:

    If Boolean500 points = true, change image to Image2 and animate
    Else change image to image1 and animate

    ??

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

    @NNterprises said:
    So right now are you doing:

    If Boolean500 points = true, change image to Image2 and animate
    Else change image to image1 and animate

    ??

    There is a replica project file included. Yes I am using similar rules, but not as "else". I am at 95% of my project and this is stopping me :neutral:

  • NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

    Yeah I don't have time or current resources to look at the file, try the Else stuff. If you post pictures of your rules I could see them, but GS doesn't work on my computer I'm on right now (work)

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

    @NNterprises said:
    Yeah I don't have time or current resources to look at the file, try the Else stuff. If you post pictures of your rules I could see them, but GS doesn't work on my computer I'm on right now (work)

    Maybe when you have some free time please. No one seems to care or know how to fix it.

  • NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

    A lot of people are spending more of their time on the paying customers so they don't have much time, not that they "don't care" sir.

    But I'll try to look at it eventually

  • NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

    So if you put a DISPLAY TEXT rule on your actor you can display integer and interger2. Integer 1 is going well, but when you change to the 2nd image, integer2 turns to 3 and never goes back to 1.
    Integer1 goes from 1 to 2 and back and forth well, but int2 just goes from 1 to 2 to 3 and then always stays in 3.
    You can figure out why, cuz I didn't look too deep, but it's a problem with your integer2 attribute on the hero

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

    @NNterprises said:
    A lot of people are spending more of their time on the paying customers so they don't have much time, not that they "don't care" sir.

    But I'll try to look at it eventually> @NNterprises said:
    So if you put a DISPLAY TEXT rule on your actor you can display integer and interger2. Integer 1 is going well, but when you change to the 2nd image, integer2 turns to 3 and never goes back to 1.
    Integer1 goes from 1 to 2 and back and forth well, but int2 just goes from 1 to 2 to 3 and then always stays in 3.
    You can figure out why, cuz I didn't look too deep, but it's a problem with your integer2 attribute on the hero

    How can I fix the second integer so it doesn't get stuck in 3 ? I really don't have a clue

  • imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

    You must have some idea since it's your code. Not even an hour went by since @NNterprises pointed you in the right direction which implies you didn't even tried to solve it yourself.

    Best bet would be to break apart your code step by step to see if it's doing what you want it to be doing. Using display text and debug behaviours will help you see what is going on. Try implementing it a different way or reordering behaviours etc. Heck, even rewriting it to see if you made a mistake the first time would be something. And you'll learn a lot more than just asking someone to solve it for you.

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

    @imjustmike said:
    You must have some idea since it's your code. Not even an hour went by since @NNterprises pointed you in the right direction which implies you didn't even tried to solve it yourself.

    Best bet would be to break apart your code step by step to see if it's doing what you want it to be doing. Using display text and debug behaviours will help you see what is going on. Try implementing it a different way or reordering behaviours etc. Heck, even rewriting it to see if you made a mistake the first time would be something. And you'll learn a lot more than just asking someone to solve it for you.

    Of course I will try it as I have no other option.
    Code was introduced by Socks, I am familiar with it, but it is my first game.

  • ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

    Fixed by using separate self.boolean for second animation... Another self ask, self answer post completed.

Sign In or Register to comment.