A Message to the GameSalad Community

Comments

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    wow! i just woke up after celebrating my birthday! and got a mail that Party Popper has approved and now this thread! what a day! thank you Gendai!
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    I'll say +1 to synthesis' post too, but only to those who worked to fix this; my sentiments about Direct being the only option remain the same, but obviously some people worked very hard to resolve the issues we all had and they deserve a lot of love.

Now, how do I do images again?

*Edited to fix image. Thanks Synthesis :)
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Actually...upon re-reading the OP...I mis-read the point that there will be NO per-app pricing.

Looks actually like they are going to be a choice of GSDirect and GSTraditional pricing models. What the price per license is will be key to its acceptance and mass appeal beyond the current community base of early adopters.

@Peach:
    {img src="http://www.yourURL.com/image.png"}
    but with < > instead of { }
  • AppArcadeAppArcade Member Posts: 64
    Whoop whoop!!!! I'm totally over exited!!! :D :D :D :D
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    Nice!

Does this mean GS 0.9 will hopefully be released next week, or that only the new pro?
  • mrfunkleberrymrfunkleberry Member Posts: 424
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    synthesis said:The per app pricing seems like it could work for everyone...again...so long as it is truly competitively priced.

I don't think there is going to be a per app pricing. Maybe I miss read but I thought it said no per app price. Don't quote me on that I will look over the OP again.
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    Thanks a lot...........:) I am going to celebrate this weekend and announcing the party with my friends. You guys rock the iphone world. Thanks a lot.........:)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    haha love the pics! :))

I am so thankful that Gamesalad listened to it's members!

Once I got over my grief, I knew that they would come around, and that's why I faithfully stuck here until a final announcement was made.

Great job Gamesalad! :)
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I'm glad they are adding new membership options in addition to GSD for people like us. It makes me very happy.

Between GS and Corona, this is going to be a good year for game making I think :) Maybe I can turn it into a full time job... hopefully :)
  • Koda89Koda89 Member Posts: 275
    That's good news, great even!

Doesn't really change my plans for GameSalad(ie, porting my Live Indie Games to the App Store), but it at least removes ALL of my worries.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Yodapollo said:
    For those of you who valued having GameSalad manage the publishing process, GameSalad will still offer to publish some titles under a different program.

I wonder what this means... I certainly don't want to have to pay Apple another $99. LOL. Perhaps GS will publish for us but only if the games are good enough?

Anyway, great news, should keep EVERYONE happy :-)
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    I read it to mean that you will be able to use GSDirect as originally advertised. They have just decided to restore the self-publishing option along side it. Whether you will be able to do both...that is unclear...but I would assume you will be able to.

I also imagine they will publish anything...regardless of quality...since that is a matter of opinion.
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    WOOOO! This is great news! Let's break 50 pages again!
    I can't wait for the update. It's amazing what ONE yellow post can do.
    ~CTM
    synthesis said:
    I read it to mean that you will be able to use GSDirect as originally advertised. They have just decided to restore the self-publishing option along side it. Whether you will be able to do both...that is unclear...but I would assume you will be able to.

I also imagine they will publish anything...regardless of quality...since that is a matter of opinion.

Yeah, it was the word "some" that got me thinking... like they'd only accept certain apps? I guess we'll all know soon enough.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Should I say: "I told you..."?
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    along with everyone else...sure
    Rob2 said:
    along with everyone else...sure

LOL
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    POLYGAMe said:
    Yeah, it was the word "some" that got me thinking... like they'd only accept certain apps? I guess we'll all know soon enough.

We should talk about that, mate ;)

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• FetaboyFetaboy Member, PRO Posts: 191
    Bought Corona after the GS Direct announcement, submitted one app a few days ago and plan to submit another tonight. This is really awesome news though as both engines have their pros and cons. I'm excited to take my latest GS project off of hold and move on.

Hopefully, the professional membership isn't more than 2k. Anyways, I'm very relieved to log on tonight and see this thread.
  • joshmiller602joshmiller602 Member Posts: 206
    Decided to look on here ONE LAST time before downloading Corona...SO GLAD I DID!

THANK YOU GAMESALAD FOR LISTENING!!!
  • joshmiller602joshmiller602 Member Posts: 206
    There were 55 pages of hate when this was originally announced. We should give them at least 10 pages of love for listening :)
  • StrobanikStrobanik Member Posts: 77
    Zippeti-BAP! Great news! The future is looking splendid.
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    great news, thanks you so much for giving us freedom...

we appreciate it.
  • chuckychucky Member Posts: 13
    joshmiller602: There were 55 pages of hate when this was originally announced. We should give them at least 10 pages of love for listening :)
    Here's my contribution to 10 pages of love :)

Thanks Gamesalad! It's heartening to see a company listening to their users.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new plans.

Cheers
  • azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    Yahoooooooo!!!!!! About time... this is great... at last I can see my games publish...
    Congrats... for all the old ones and new ones that have been fighting here...
    This is the power we got, we can make people think when we used our right to speak, lol
    Can't wait for friday..
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Once again thank you so much for what you have done and Happy Halloween! :)

Cheers, Weswog
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Great news! I've already paid for Corona though and I really love it. I'll still be using GS, but Corona really seems the way to go. Especially if you want to get in on the Android Market. :)

GameSalad, its been a good ride, but I'm not sure which direction your heading. I love you, but you scare me. Unless pricing is dirt cheap, I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription.

I just thought of a good use for GS DIRECT, use it to publish your garbage / soundboard apps / taptards. Come up with a catchy name, good icon, don't have to deal with tarnishing your reputation. Thank You GameSalad. <3
    chosenonestudios said:
    Great news! I've already paid for Corona though and I really love it. I'll still be using GS, but Corona really seems the way to go. Especially if you want to get in on the Android Market. :)

GameSalad, its been a good ride, but I'm not sure which direction your heading. I love you, but you scare me. Unless pricing is dirt cheap, I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription.

I just thought of a good use for GS DIRECT, use it to publish your garbage / soundboard apps / taptards. Come up with a catchy name, good icon, don't have to deal with tarnishing your reputation. Thank You GameSalad. <3

Or you could use it to create and release decent games. That would be an even better way of keeping a good "reputation". Just a thought.