Comments

• inceptioninception Member Posts: 74
    They key things I desire:

Facebook/twitter
    Leaderboards - Must be Gamecenter.
    Achievements
  • FjantIncFjantInc Member Posts: 115
    scitunes said:
    Crap, I filled it out backwards. Thank god they don't actually read those things!

I did too =/ I've pm:ed Yoda about it, but no answer. I think they should make a poll about how many filled it in backwards =)

Actually, the poll itself could use some work and clarified more what the different feature really mean.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @Undersky

I responded to your PM. Let me know if you don't receive it. I'm not really tallying data until late this week and will probably announce results sometime next week.

@SciTunes

If you want, fill out the survey again and I will discount your initial response. Thanks!

@everyone

We'll probably launch a similar survey following each release, and we'll announce the results here on the forums, generally about a week after the survey has been posted. Thanks for all the feedback we've received, both in survey results and how to make this survey better and easier to read and understand. Thanks, everyone!
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    Good to hear from you Yodapollo! I can't wait til the update!
    ~CTM
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    Will these results be used forj making 9.1 or 9.2?
    @Asympoteell

The results will probably be too late for GameSalad 0.9.1 as we're pretty much done with it and we're wanting to get it out very soon. However, these results will definitely be considered in our planning sessions for GameSalad 0.9.2 and 0.9.3.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Which features are going to e included in the pro and not the free version for 9.1?
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    Thanks, Yodapollo. That's good news that 9.1 is coming out soon.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    OOh...so we know none of these features are going to be in 0.9.1... (Oooh! so everything I can think of thats not in the survey will be... )

I feel like Detective Inspector Columbo...

"...just one last thing...."
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Please put a way to disable blocks. A checkbox on the block that says "Disabled" would be perfect. It's really annoying not being able to comment out code blocks. Creating rules to wrap around code only complicates the matter and is a kludge. A proper "disabled" feature would go a long way towards making GS easier to debug.
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    ORBZ said:
    Please put a way to disable blocks. A checkbox on the block that says "Disabled" would be perfect. It's really annoying not being able to comment out code blocks. Creating rules to wrap around code only complicates the matter and is a kludge. A proper "disabled" feature would go a long way towards making GS easier to debug.

+1
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    ORBZ said:

+100000
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    ORBZ said:

I would like this also.
    Just took the survey. Gotta be honest not sure what some of that stuff does so I Hope I don't screw anyone by not ranking the unknown high. It would have been nice to have a little description of the feature.

Also I would add the ability to Zoom out in the creator so On my 13" macBook Pro I can layout,view,and preview Ipad games.
  • FjantIncFjantInc Member Posts: 115
    There, I've replied in the correct order now =)

Even though we don't know in what order these will be implemented, it's good to know that you want to implement all of them!
  • ChirpinGamesChirpinGames Member, PRO Posts: 214
    Joints would be awesome so we can do cool stuff like this:
    http://box2dflash.sourceforge.net/

PS appreciate Gamesalad asking for our thoughts!
    ChirpinGames said:
    Joints would be awesome so we can do cool stuff like this:
    http://box2dflash.sourceforge.net/

PS appreciate Gamesalad asking for our thoughts!

Thats some pretty cool stuff. Didn't some just say in this post GS uses Box2D? If so should this be pretty easy to implement. I have some awesome ideas that I have tried to make happen using constrains that just didn't work. joints like these would have made all the difference
  • babymartiansbabymartians Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I'm new here. I'm still learning so for the most part I'm keeping pretty quiet, but I thought I would post this.

I'm currently learning both GameSalad and Corona. I'd definitely prefer the GS interface if it weren't for a few things that stop me.. some of which are referenced in this thread, like leaderboards (as long as it's Game Center).. I don't care much for in-app purchasing; I'd like to see a grid and text support, but if it's not going to include kerning then there's not much point for me. Vector support would be better as it would allow text layouts to be imported (though I realize this wouldn't be as small in file size as an embedded font).

Anyhow why I'm really writing here is to address that splash screen. I know it's been discussed many times before, and I know that GS is keen to hold onto it -- understandably so. What I think is the real issue is that tagline: "Feed your inner game designer" -- this instantly makes everyone's game look like it was developed by an amateur. You don't see anyone else trying to sell the simplicity of their software to the end user. To me this is enough to send me running to Corona. I bet many other people feel the same way.

I can understand using the tagline on your website but please don't brand each and every game made in your app as an amateur effort right off the top. other than that (and the game centre bit ) I think GS is brilliant.

Thanks.
    J.
    @babymartians

Welcome to GameSalad!

Thanks for comments. About the splash screen, we're definitely looking into some changes that could be made. Of course, we want to hold on to a certain level of our branding, but also give developers out there more opportunity to brand themselves. I'm sure there is a happy middle ground and, hopefully, we'll have a resolution to that very soon.

-- Yodapollo
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Yodapollo said:
    @babymartians

Welcome to GameSalad!

Thanks for comments. About the splash screen, we're definitely looking into some changes that could be made. Of course, we want to hold on to a certain level of our branding, but also give developers out there more opportunity to brand themselves. I'm sure there is a happy middle ground and, hopefully, we'll have a resolution to that very soon.

-- Yodapollo

I like the sound of that!
    Looking forward to these new features that keep getting mentioned. Soon or sometime I hope GS gets to the point where it can do just as much as xcode but stay in the simple format. I'm with him on the splash screen. People want their own company or brand name to be on their game, because when me and my friends see GS on the splash screen, if the game is good, they will look up GS games not the company's games. In a way it's good for GS but we need independence.
    BTW- I am currently on the free account because I signed up to late to get the express(when it was 100$) so I could get the pro for 100$ instead of 500$ and so I really appreciate already the options GS gives me without having to pay. Almost to 500$ though so when these features do come out, I will definitely be purchasing the pro edition. Thanks as always.
    DL
  • RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411
    Yodapollo said:
    @babymartians

Welcome to GameSalad!

-- Yodapollo

Very good news.
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Splash screen... I dont mind having the splash screen. I do think that it should go after the developer splash screen. That way it will look like (in my case) created by lordtarantor, powered by game salad... That, in my case will solve the situation.

#1 For me is leader board. Why, the best example is Peachpellen's Happy doodle smile. A cool game that can be done easily with GS but you will only be competing against your self or any other person who play it in your ipod.
    She aded leader board and the game goes to another level. You start competing against everybody. There were a couple of people here trying to bet my record. QS beat me at one point and I got it back. All the trash talking and the competitiveness makes the different. I bet that fruit ninja wouldn't be as successful as it is if it weren't because of the leader board.
    So I really think that would be the may focus.
    We have great games here but with leader board it will be something else...
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    tenrdrmer said:
    Also I would add the ability to ZOOM out in the creator so On my 13" macBook Pro I can layout,view,and preview Ipad games.

YES ZOOM PLEASE.
    i would really like the BASIC ability to fit my 4000x4000 game lvl on the screen
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    LordTarantor said:
    #1 For me is leader board.

All of Apple's standard features should be implemented as soon as possible. I read today that Cityville is the biggest Facebook game. Why?! What does it do?!

It's social... you can play with friends... and it has in-app purchases.

Compare that to GameSalad. It's lacking Game Center and in-app purchases... both are standard iOS features.
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    Also needed is MULTIPLE SELECT!!!

-Josh
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    - Internet compatible or whatever its called so i can make it multiplayer

- thats it
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    Did the survey
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    I want GameSalad to make money and be strong, however $500 is a bit high for many developers (myself included...). Maybe there is a way to do a subscription model which will have 12 months commitment in monthly payments? Similar to your mobile phone bill…

On the flip side, as soon as my games will get to $500, I’m going Pro.
    @gabbyr
    I'm with you on that. I am 14 and don't have much money. So yah, as soon as one of my soon to come out apps makes 500$(I hope) than I am buying pro. I am only buying pro for the soon to be features though. I haven't heard of too much success with iads and plus with rumors of gamecenter and things like that, its a must have.
    thanks as always
    DL
This discussion has been closed.