The Lost City - new adventure game from Fire Maple Games!

Comments

• RumiRumi Member, PRO Posts: 343
    hello?
    Is everyone still alive?
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Haha. Still alive! Still working on the game!
  • bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
    Cardinal said:
    I hope it's not this week because I will release mine... And I will definately lose a lot of sales.

Not to bring this all up again...but still.....lulz ;-)
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    still looking forward to this one...

I'm expecting you to blow the competition out of the water...

Just slowly getting back into working on mine....

if anyone has some sort of time and enthusiasm pills that make me work harder and for longer please let me know...
    @scitunes, 2stormystudio: Thanks, guys!

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to show off some more screens from the game, this time showing some of the water effects. Still anticipating a Fall release!

Thanks for looking!

Joe

• applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    Beautiful - but now I need to pee ;-)
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Wow!

Time to pick my jaw up off the floor!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Damn! Looking good Joe! Love the waterfall, and ripple effects on the bottom image.... Amazing work!
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Yes, flippin' amazing stuff! Love it all to bits! :-)

----------------------------------------------
    http://davidgriffinapps.co.uk/

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Amazing!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Also Amazing :) Really impressive stuff.. incredible how 5 frames can look so good.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Rob2 said:
    Also Amazing :) Really impressive stuff.. incredible how 5 frames can look so good.

Good point Rob :)
    Thanks, everyone!

@rob2: yeah, that was the toughest part. I kept it down to 5 frames for the RAM limitations on older devices. The slow water was really difficult. The water in the bottom image was as slow as I could make it with so few frames.
  • BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    Looks amazing!

Are you using GameSalad to make this one? Were you able to use Grisly Manor as a template to help speed up the programming time?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    BackUpAndDown said:
    Looks amazing!

Are you using GameSalad to make this one? Were you able to use Grisly Manor as a template to help speed up the programming time?

No this ones not made with gamesalad, this threads in the non gs new section

And it looks amazing joe! Is that all photoshop for your images and water or are you bouncing inbetween programs for your workflow?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    No this ones not made with gamesalad, this threads in the non gs new section

And it looks amazing joe! Is that all photoshop for your images and water or are you bouncing inbetween programs for your workflow?

I think it's photoshop for the main images, and a little bit of magic for the water :D

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

@BackUpAndDown: This one is programmed in Corona. It uses the same basic engine as Grisly Manor, but it is about 5x the size.

@JohnPapiomitis: For the waterfall, I filmed it with my iPhone and then extracted the frames from the video.

The water effect in the bottom image was done using an old Windows freeware program called Sqirlz:
    http://www.xiberpix.net/SqirlzReflect.html

Then I doctored everything up a bit in Photoshop. ;0)
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    Wow...looks fantastic, I am really looking forward to playing this.
  • BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    Have you ever considered taking on an apprentice? You clearly have a lot of knowledge that you could pass on.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Beautiful.
    Where actually is the place from the photos?
    @BackUpAndDown: an apprentice? I've never thought about it before.Interesting. I will think about it after I finish this game ;0)

@beefy_clyro: The images are built up from photos from various parks, mostly around Philadelphia and New York City, and from the Redwood forests of Oregon. Each image is comprised of several photos and then heavily manipulated in Photoshop. I wish they were real places! ;0)
  • ARC_GamesARC_Games Member Posts: 78
    It looks really good... kudos! Interesting that you developed it with Corona and not GS though. Why did you do this one with Corona?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    During GS direct he switched to corona, and honestly, why go back?
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Soo impressive. Do you take the pictures yourself or get them from stock sites? I love how you do it, honestly its so good, you have recreated the same feel in your images as TSOGM, thats great, it means your work is recognisable ... The same way you listen to music and know its a certain person/band without knowing if you get me?
    THAT WAS AMAZING!
    You are the worlds best image genie magician techno-wizard harry potter photoshop guru ever!
    @ARC_Games: Thanks! This game utilizes a lot of stuff that currently isn't possible with GameSalad.

@beefy_clyro: I've hired my friend to work on these games with me. He is a fantastic photographer and has taken about 20,000 photos for me so far! I'm glad you think the art is recognizable! That's so nice to hear. I'm doing my best to build up some brand recognition by making these games with a certain style, sort of an over-saturated magic realism ;0)

@Rumi: aw, shucks... I have so much fun making this stuff. Hopefully that comes through in the screenshots ;)
    Are you almost done? There hasn't been any comments for a month!
    Hey Rumi!

Yes, getting there, just a few screens left to do!
This discussion has been closed.