Where's the "Big Picture"

13»

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    xyloFUN said:

So, who among us has what it takes to turn corona users heads?

Quite a few people here, I'd wager! :D

Seriously, I've seen plenty of upcoming stuff from a few people here that easily match, if not surpass, anything done with Corona.

What we need is a fair fight. And that means matching Corona in terms of features.

Currently, they have industry standard social features and leaderboards. We do not.
    Currently they have access to arrays. We do not.

Give us the tools to fight a fair fight. I've used my shield for too long now. I need a sword, please!

QS :D

Edit - oh, and that doesn't just go for Corona, but for any game on the app store. Twitter/Facebook/Gamecentre are standards that our players expect when buying a game. Let's at least level the playing field across the board, eh?

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    QS,
    Unfortunately, I have to confess that I know next to nothing when it comes to games. The little free time I do have, I spend jamin on the piano to prevent my fingers from getting rusty.

It's too bad that they (gendai ?) don't have a community manager. It would change things!

And yes, if standard features are lacking, that is another issue altogether. The next five months will be critical and the dust will settle .... It always does :)
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    xyloFUN said:
    It's too bad that they (gendai ?) don't have a community manager. It would change things!

I believe Yodapollo already is meant to be the community manager... I remember him announcing it as such, in one of his early introductions... and unless hes been promoted/demoted in the past 6 months, his official title on emails etc was Director of Community Relations.

So they do already have someone thats meant to be doing the job you mention..!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    quantumsheep said:
    Quite a few people here, I'd wager! :D

Seriously, I've seen plenty of upcoming stuff from a few people here that easily match, if not surpass, anything done with Corona.

What we need is a fair fight. And that means matching Corona in terms of features.

Currently, they have industry standard social features and leaderboards. We do not.
    Currently they have access to arrays. We do not.

Give us the tools to fight a fair fight. I've used my shield for too long now. I need a sword, please!

Edit - oh, and that doesn't just go for Corona, but for any game on the app store. Twitter/Facebook/Gamecentre are standards that our players expect when buying a game. Let's at least level the playing field across the board, eh?

Amen!
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    quantumsheep said:
    I like to think of it as my 'Hungarian' side ;)

LOL

I accolade you to a honorary hungarian :-P
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Hunnenkoenig said:
    LOL

I accolade you to a honorary hungarian :-P

I was hoping you'd see that ;)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    Sooo... back To the original question when is the 'Big Picture' post COMING!!!

If not today could you guys please post that it will be Delayed/Postponed?

-Josh
    quantumsheep said:
    I was hoping you'd see that ;)

I see everything...

-----------
    And to "where is the big picture?":
    It's hanging from the wall in your dream house :-P
    Hunnenkoenig said:
    It's hanging from the wall in your dream house :-P

Which One ;)

-Josh
    Bump
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    sooo... where is it??
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Wouldn't expect to see anything till monday now. really give you a sense of where there priorities are as far as customer relations
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    Yeah........Still not there.
  • 8BitMichael8BitMichael Member, PRO Posts: 125
    Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Time and time again GameSalad fails to professionally conduct themselves. They can't meet deadlines, can't keep promises, and they don't respond to the community. Every time they slip up they say they'll change and that they'll start getting more involved, but we should know better by now.

Apple is a multi-billion dollar company with millions of customers around the world, and they just get it. They know how to please their customers (their customer satisfaction rates are always off the charts). They know how to communicate, and they are professional.

Maybe GameSalad tries really hard, but they just can't do it. But that's still not an excuse, and that's what separates the good from the great.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Please don't make it sound like they have been around since Lassie was a puppy!

Speaking of, Apple released iLife11 without upgrading iWeb. Ordinarily, that would not be a huge deal but they gave Adobe an earful about web standards and HTML5.

Once last try to weigh in (don't know why but here it goes) ...

Imagine that a friend told you about some company that develops a D&D GUI based iphone/ipad dev tool that already lets you compile your app or game and upload it to Apple.
    Further imagine that your friend assures you that this is not vapor ware AND, imagine that he can get you on as beta tester! No money to pay just once, every 4 - 6 weeks send them feedback. Nothing much, just answer 8 questions they email you. That's the only commitment!

Tell me something! Would you participate?
  • 8BitMichael8BitMichael Member, PRO Posts: 125
    (My other post was too old to edit, so I'm sorry for the extra bump)

I just realized that a more relevant and comparable example is reduser.net. RED Digital Cinema is a company started by the founder of Oakley, Jim Jannard (a billionaire). He himself posts multiple times every day on the forums. He is avidly involved in the community and is able to directly communicate with his customers. Did I mention he's a billionaire? You've gotta learn from the best, GameSalad. Your customers are your friends, and you need to treat them like it. I'm sorry for the long rant and if I sound too pessimistic, but it's really just getting old.
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    xyloFUN .. Firstly, don't forget numerous people here paid for Gamesalad. Secondly, they made a statement and promises about a Big Picture .... it would have been easy to post a quick note .. "sorry guys a couple of issues have just not yet cleared with the team for release, gonna have to wait until we resolve next week but we are working hard on it" .. or something like that.

You're however right they could have the attitude that we should be grateful for such a great tool and just put up with it. Don't know too many companies that succeed with that attitude and not really defendable.
  • ScootsScoots Member Posts: 507
    It's just not how to conduct business. You make multiple post that it's coming. Totally unprofessional in my opinion. A simple note saying it got delayed would have been enough for me. But this total silence is just juvenile.
  • RattleheadRattlehead Member Posts: 485
    I think the safe thing to say is that they are not working on the weekend so there is really no point in continuing this discussion until Monday.
  • hdeandahdeanda Member, PRO Posts: 55
    Yodapollo said that the coding for 0.9.1 is essentially done and is now in the hands of Quality Assurance. When they approve it will be released. I think that now that 0.9.1 is just days away we have a lot to look forward to with 0.9.2! For 0.9.2 (maybe 4-6 weeks away?), other than ongoing bug fixes, they must be working on something like in-app purchases and Game Center (to appease Apple) and other features.
    Rattlehead said:
    I think the safe thing to say is that they are not working on the weekend

I think the safe thing to say is that they don't work at all.
    hdeanda said:
    Yodapollo said that the coding for 0.9.1 is essentially done and is now in the hands of Quality Assurance.

What will be in it?
    Probably two additional buttons, one making the GUI green and the other one red.
    Those were the two things, I can imagine, the GS programmer guy was coming up as first priority.

If his mom lets him do it, when he finished his homework for the failed history test in high school on last monday, then maybe we will get it some day too.
This discussion has been closed.