Great News for GameSalad - From the CEO

SFSF Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 35
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Hi everyone,

We’re happy to announce today that GameSalad has raised $6.1 million in venture funding. The financing comes from a great group of investors that believe in GameSalad and our ability to become a truly special company.

First of all, I’d like to thank you all for everything you’ve done to help us get to where we are today. We couldn’t have done it without you.

So what are we going to do with the new investment? For the most part, we’re going to hire amazing technical and product ninjas to help us fulfill our ultimate vision of GameSalad. That means providing you the features you’ve been asking for, and the ones that we’ve been dying to deliver. In other words, GameSalad is going to melt your face!

Want to help us achieve our lofty goals? Help us find those ninjas! Check out our job openings. If you, or someone you know, is a card-carrying ninja, and wants to change the world with us, let us know. Seriously.

http://gamesalad.com/careers/

The other great thing about the investment is that you can be certain that GameSalad is going to be here for the long haul. We’re excited to build out the platform, add all the features we’ve been cooking up, and watch you all do things with it we never could’ve imagined.

Now I know what many of you must be thinking – that’s cool and all, but when will we get GameCenter?

I owe you a roadmap. It’s long overdue and I plan on making that available to everyone next week. Fortunately, I can assure you that we’re still on track to have GameCenter leader boards in the next release, so you can sleep soundly tonight.

I look forward to discussing our roadmap and the future of GameSalad in more detail with you next week. For now, on behalf of the GameSalad team, we’d like to thank you for your continued support and let you know how excited we are to help you make great games for many years to come!

Cheers,

Steve Felter
CEO

Comments

• DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Cool. Thanks Steve!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Wow, congratulations on the venture funding! We look forward to getting GameCenter very soon! ( I like the end statement of making games for "many years to come" too) ;)

I couldn't help but notice you have job postings in San Francisco, are you now expanding offices in Austin and L.A to San Fran too? :)
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Thanks for the good news. Looking forward to that roadmap.

Thanks Steve,

Good information.

I do find it funny though that Game Salads main thing is to bring game development to non coders yet all the jobs you want the community to look at not only require coding experience most of them also require a BA in computer science. That BA is funny cause a massive amount of the users here have barely entered high school.
    And about the only thing I might come closed to being qualified for is QA but I still dont have 3 years exp. or a BA, Oh and theres that pesky little issue where I live in Missouri. :)

Thanks
    Aaron
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    GS BubbleBall Template HERE!!
    Stacks Level Selection Template HERE!!
    Expanding Options Menu Template HERE!!
    AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Good news, just one question (sorry if it is a little newbie, but I don't use GC) - if you add a GC support, will it be able to export/import saves between two or more devices with the same game? There is something like that in: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/broken-sword-the-smoking-mirror/id395483212?mt=8#
  • SFSF Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 35
    @butterbean Thanks Jenny! More to come on our new SF office

@tenrdrmer No one said making game creation for non-programmers was easy! In fact, it's really hard. Go ahead and apply for that QA job, you certainly know more about GameSalad than a lot of people with an advanced degree.

@TheMoonWalls I'm going to have to punt on technical questions in this thread, apologies.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    great news. I've got some great game ideas that are waiting for GameCenter to make an appearance.
  • XpandemicXpandemic Member Posts: 157
    WOOT Viva Gamesald!
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    Great! My clients (Yes without Splash Screen I can sell games and Apps) ask me about WEB UI like labels. Any plans?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    SF said:
    @tenrdrmer No one said making game creation for non-programmers was easy! In fact, it's really hard. Go ahead and apply for that QA job, you certainly know more about GameSalad than a lot of people with an advanced degree.

Oh i'm not doubting it. I'm certainly no programer. I just thought it was funny.

Definitly Excited about Game Center though.
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Shame you don't have any art related job openings. :(
  • m456arcusm456arcus Member Posts: 189
    I can't wait! Really excited.
  • hdeandahdeanda Member, PRO Posts: 55
    Awesome! This is great news! A few months ago GS was so quiet I thought it was going out of business. $6.1 million is fantastic, just don't waste it all on crazy marketing schemes! I know we will get the things we want most soon, and even unexpected things in the future (GS could be used to make many kinds of apps). This has made my day.
  • jtadeojtadeo Member, PRO Posts: 92
    Congratulations Steve and the GS Team.

The holy grail to me at this time for GS would be the ability to create and control my own TCP/IP and UDP connections. That would open up all GS games to the rest of the world and not just GameCenter. It will give GS the ability to hookup with social gaming sites and multi-player servers.

It seemed to work yesterday so I'll say it again, "pweease..."
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Well thats great news for the company...

I just hope it doesnt follow the same path as last time the company got VC investment... million dollar investment, followed by Gamesalad Direct!

Roadmap next week... I'll believe that when I see it!... :)

...the Gamecenter update is certainly taking its bloody time, so I do hope we finally get a proper release date for the update in the roadmap, instead of the usual vague info we normally get fed.

But yup... skepticism aside, congrats to the GameSalad team. Dont go spending the wonga all at once! :)
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    GameSalad is going to melt your face!

surely this needs to be the new official company strapline?

;)

Thanks for the update Steve.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Sweet Game centrer. Will in app purchases be on this roadmap?
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Awesome...

I think its only fair to say if we dont get a road map next week, we split the 6.1 million fairly amongst all the GS users and all go on our merry way :-)

Congrats to GameSalad on the money, looking forward to a spot of face melting ....
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Amazing, thanks for the update and everything just sounds soo positive :)
  • WarlockWarlock Member Posts: 66
    Much appreciated news, thanks. Looking forward to epic things to come!
    stormystudio said:
    Awesome...

I think its only fair to say if we dont get a road map next week, we split the 6.1 million fairly amongst all the GS users and all go on our merry way :-)

Congrats to GameSalad on the money, looking forward to a spot of face melting ....

Sounds Fair to Me.

thats Aprox $2200 per user
  • AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    cant wait for the gamecenter support. Thanks for the great news steve.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    tshirtbooth said:

Cant wait to see what you do with it :)

How many t-shirts could you get them for that? (REMEMBER, they'd have to be the same colour!)
  • jsaligerijsaligeri Member Posts: 26
    This is great news, and a major blow to the "Coro" company. Hopefully, you can now out compete them with the new talent and new features.

Congrats

JS
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Congrats ladies and gents of GameSalad! :D
    SF said:
    In other words, GameSalad is going to melt your face!

Is this the good 'melt your face' or the bad 'melt your face'? People need to know! ;)
    SF said:
    Fortunately, I can assure you that we’re still on track to have GameCenter leader boards in the next release, so you can sleep soundly tonight.

That's really fantastic - very much looking forward to it. Are you not mentioning GC achievements for some reason, or will those be included in the next release too?

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• okimokiokimoki Member Posts: 159
    tshirtbooth said:
    6.1mil thats a lot of cheese!!!

Cant wait to see what you do with it :)

cheers

I always assumed TSB is part of the GS team! :)

Anyways, great news, cant wait for the update!
    We really need to know the plan :)
    I already started working on another longtherm project in UNITY, but if roadmap will be promising i might consider waiting..
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    hopfully dynamic url links are somewhere on the road map to let us link to php scripts etc!
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    gazjm said:
    hopfully dynamic url links are somewhere on the road map to let us link to php scripts etc!

+1 (I think Gamesalad would explode for travel/guide type apps and other database type reference stuff)
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    SF said:
    In other words, GameSalad is going to melt your face!

No thanks, I like my face the way it is. ☺

I do like the enthusiasm though. It seems the CEO is as excited about GameSalad as we are.
    quantumsheep said:

That's really fantastic - very much looking forward to it. Are you not mentioning GC achievements for some reason, or will those be included in the next release too?

QS :D

If you look at all of Steve's posts where he mentions GC. He has always refereed to it as Game Center leader-boards. I have a feeling there will be no achievements option in this release.
This discussion has been closed.