Great News for GameSalad - From the CEO

Comments

• CapCap Member Posts: 225
    tenrdrmer said:
    If you look at all of Steve's posts where he mentions GC. He has always refereed to it as Game Center leader-boards. I have a feeling there will be no achievements option in this release.

Hum... when thinking about GameCenter, there are achievements, leaderboards and online multiplayer. So, do you think GameSalad is concentrating on leaderboards for now?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Cap said:
    Hum... when thinking about GameCenter, there are achievements, leaderboards and online multiplayer. So, do you think GameSalad is concentrating on leaderboards for now?

Yeah I think each piece of Game Center is separate meaning in xcode you can add just leader boards, or just leader boards and achievements, or the whole shebang. I'd say leader boards is the starting point for all three options. but hey i'm just talking about what i've heard and how I understand it. It more than possible I am very wrong. Either way i'll be happy with just a leader board to start. High Score games here we come.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    GS BubbleBall Template HERE!!
    Stacks Level Selection Template HERE!! Now only $20
    Expanding Option Menu Template HERE!!
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunesAppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    is not that hard to add GC in xcode

but is great news that we have GC
    are games is going to sale way better
    so Is GC only for pros?
    I would guess that it's a pro only feature.
    tenrdrmer said:
    I would guess that it's a pro only feature.

that will make a lot of people want to buy pro
    calvin9403 said:
    that will make a lot of people want to buy pro

That's the idea. Or my case make me want to renew pro.
    tenrdrmer said:
    That's the idea. Or my case make me want to renew pro.

I will but pro if they have GC and IAP
    if only GC, maybe not
  • QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    Could it be that Steve Felter is really ..... Steven West???

Warning - face melting may occur!
  • ckck Member Posts: 224
    Okay, went pro
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    GAME CENTRE!!!
    I heart you haha =D
  • Stryfe01Stryfe01 Member Posts: 146
    Can't wait to see this roadmap. I have so many game ideas, (only need funding) but i suck at programming.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Amazing! Finally a Roadmap!
    Hope we get GameCenter and in app soon!
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    Roadmap FTW!
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Yeah I would like incorporate locations services and the devices actual camera for some things.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Join the GameSalad Community and have your game noticed for free.
    http://www.facebook.com/ListYourTopiPhoneGame
    List your Top iPhone Game on FaceBook!
  • jsaligerijsaligeri Member Posts: 26
    It is time to say goodbye to Corona and that gang. Non-coders rejoice.

I Love GameSalad!!!

JS
    jsaligeri said:

http://www.ziplinegames.com/

The open source Moai SDK enables game developers to focus on great gameplay and content, code in the easy-to-use Lua scripting language they already know, use ready-to-roll libraries for animation and physics, and avoid rewriting game code for different devices.

We’ve all been there: happily coding away at with a third party library or toolset and then…stuck. Memories of that sick-to-your-stomach feeling that comes from outgrowing a platform are why the Moai SDK is open source. If you ever hit a wall with Moai SDK you can easily look at the source code, write your own plug-in to extend Moai, or alter the Moai runtime and libraries as needed to make your game great.

Moai produces native applications on iOS and Android. The Lua engine and libraries are compiled from C++ and are faster than Objective C code. The Lua script is run as interpreted byte code, but since very few Lua instructions are processed among all the input handling, rendering, animation, collision detection, and physics math running natively, overall app performance is wicked fast. Silky smooth. Fuh-gedda-boud-it.

JS

Not real sure how that belongs in this thread.
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    tenrdrmer said:
    Not real sure how that belongs in this thread.

Ya could we have a mod remove it?

-Josh
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    jsaligeri said:

I Love GameSalad!!!

JS

Agreed!

Also: Deleted other posts to tidy up!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Roadmap Please! Give it today :D
  • jtadeojtadeo Member, PRO Posts: 92
    jsaligeri said:

I Love GameSalad!!!

JS

Not sure why some have a visceral hate for a product that is completely different than the one being sold here.

I create Corona based apps and there is no way that the current version of GS or from what it appears what's coming down the pipes will match what is possible with Corona.

This forum will do well to stop being so anti-Corona. Don't get hung up on the technology. Use the right tool for what it is you are trying to do.

In the next set of games I'm creating, I am using GameSalad because it matches the specs for my projects. However the moment I need Open Feint, Multi-player support, WebUIView, TCP/IP connections, sockets, camera, SQLite data manipulations, Facebook, Twitter and SIMS like functions - Corona is what I would use. GameSalad does not offer it and since there is no roadmap, they aren't offering it at all imho.

So please, stop bashing Corona. It's just another tool in your arsenal that you can use when the right time comes. If none of the items I mentioned is something you may need in your apps, then GS is for you.

Good luck.
  • OaklandasfanOaklandasfan Member Posts: 213
    okimoki said:
    I already started working on another longtherm project in UNITY, but if roadmap will be promising i might consider waiting..

I'm trying to learn how to do unity, i'm not very good at coding, though. I get fidgetey.
    Halfway there. We gonna have to be in suspense all week?
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    jtadeo said:
    Not sure why some have a visceral hate for a product that is completely different than the one being sold here.

I create Corona based apps and there is no way that the current version of GS or from what it appears what's coming down the pipes will match what is possible with Corona.

This forum will do well to stop being so anti-Corona. Don't get hung up on the technology. Use the right tool for what it is you are trying to do.

In the next set of games I'm creating, I am using GameSalad because it matches the specs for my projects. However the moment I need Open Feint, Multi-player support, WebUIView, TCP/IP connections, sockets, camera, SQLite data manipulations, Facebook, Twitter and SIMS like functions - Corona is what I would use. GameSalad does not offer it and since there is no roadmap, they aren't offering it at all imho.

So please, stop bashing Corona. It's just another tool in your arsenal that you can use when the right time comes. If none of the items I mentioned is something you may need in your apps, then GS is for you.

Good luck.

You are one of the best NEW members we have had in a while. I am still considered new lol. but all of your posts are dead on. (imho) Keep it up man. I like seeing you around here. You have some good advice.
    @DreamLab

Thanks for the props :D
  • jsaligerijsaligeri Member Posts: 26
    i just think they have an arrogant attitude and tout features that GameSalad can't offer and I feel like they push their features in front of our faces. There are more non-coders than coders out there and Lua is not that easy as they claim to be.

I love GameSalad! :D

JS
    jsaligeri said:
    i just think they have an arrogant attitude and tout features that GameSalad can't offer and I feel like they push their features in front of our faces. There are more non-coders than coders out there and Lua is not that easy as they claim to be.

I love GameSalad! :D

JS

Well forget about the arrogants. I say just drop this Corona vs. GameSalad issue and focus on making your game and ship it. If your game has no need for those features they push in front of your faces then their argument equates to this:

Ya get it?

As for Lua and coding. I think anyone can code. There is no mystery to it. It's only a mystery because you don't know it. Do it enough times and you'll get it.
    ROADMAP Now Pelase! It has been a long time.. don't want to wait until sunday..
    Only 1 business day left SF. or are you guys counting the weekend in your "next week claim"?
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    its been a week...
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Traditionally, GS released info on a Friday (other than this very thread I'm writing in of course!).

I imagine that the roadmap will come on Friday. How about we wait till Saturday before getting the torches and pitchforks ;)

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

This discussion has been closed.