Totb3- Dream Lab

DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
I will be posting later on today with my ideas and what my game is about. It's 1:30 where I am, heading to bed.

Comments

• old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Beware of fish bearing gifts and submarine game ideas.

Good luck!

kipper
  • Metronome49Metronome49 Member Posts: 297
    Lol.
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    My game is called Submarine Fish. I have copyright for both, ask my lawyer.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I am a submarine fish. It goes with the territory. back off!
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Ok so I went to my grandparents all today, then went to my aunt's. I got bit severely by 2 shih-tzus that started fighting out of no where. so I tried to break it up (bad move) and got bit all around my arm. Started bleeding a bit. Then I saw that my uncle had the CLEAREST of all tv's. He was watching back to the future and it seemed like we were watching the actors act through a window. It was incredible. I think the tv was like a sharp aquas or something. It was playing on blu ray.

My original idea was going to be a game about a fish trying to get its way to the ocean. so you start out in one fishbowl and shoot yourself to the next. and you keep going and going until you eventually get to the ocean, thus ending the game. BUT I don't want the judges to downgrade me for the theme not being close enough to the ocean so I wasn't sure. I have a couple more ideas flowing but I will tell later tonight as they develop into real game ideas.
    Ok so I have an update on my game

- Name "Journey to the Ocean"

- Objective- You are on a cruise ship, stuck in a big fish tank and your goal is to jump from fish bowl to fish bowl eventually reaching the ocean

Of course there are obstacles along the way and every 10 levels or so will go to a new scene as you will go from room to room on your way to the ocean.

Will update later tonight hopefully with pictures as well and more explanation of the game.
  • mangaroomangaroo Member Posts: 419
    i can see it - so the gameplay will revolve around the interactions between the cruise ship + obstacles/enemies as he jumps bowl - top down view?
    mangaroo said:
    i can see it - so the gameplay will revolve around the interactions between the cruise ship + obstacles/enemies as he jumps bowl - top down view?

nope. side view. ok picture this, your in a room and you start IN a fish bowl. You shoot yourself out of it and try to get your way to the next fish bowl. Think of the fishbowls as a trail to the ocean. Its one step closer. And you encounter obstacles that can help you and that can hurt you.
    Tonight's objective- Getting the title screen done
    I play to have the title screen a bit animated, not literally but the cruise ship and fish will "pop" in ya know. I hope to get it fully done tonight. Probably won't sleep much BUT THAT'S OK! haha.
  • jobonoobdudejobonoobdude Member Posts: 152
    Rock on buddy,
    hope to this play out, seems interesting!
    For a while last night I was questioning whether I should still do the contest or not. I was debating if I should work on my other game and get that finished. But I got some good sleep, and got it all planned. Im still in the contest and I'm working on some obstacles right now for the game. I will be coding in the next couple of days after I get some concept art.
    Just so you guys don't get bored with my thread, here is a background I am still working on. Photobucket

let me know how it is. Im still adding things.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Very nice job! Im loving the look of that.

Your concept sounds very original and fun too

Best of luck!
    artonskyblue said:
    Very nice job! Im loving the look of that.

Your concept sounds very original and fun too

Best of luck!

Thanks arton I'm liking your game too.

Tonight's objective-
    - Finish the menu
    - Get more obstacles done
    - Start working on fish and the main character

thanks everyone for looking at this thread!
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    Looks amazing.
  • RattleheadRattlehead Member Posts: 485
    Nice layering of colours; gives a good impression of depth to the background. Can't wait to see what is next.
  • iTouchGameriTouchGamer Member Posts: 681
    Looks great DL, can't wait to see more art!
    Thanks everyone I will post more soon. In a little bit I will start the code.
    I made a finger for my how to screen.

Photobucket
  • RainbowHeadphonezRainbowHeadphonez Member Posts: 10
    Hey looks like a great concept so far! Just wondering, what programs do use to create images and animate them?
  • XLWolfyXLWolfy Member Posts: 67
    pynn100 said:
    Hey looks like a great concept so far! Just wondering, what programs do use to create images and animate them?

If you study the tool placing and types of the tools i think hes using Photoshop
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    pynn100 said:

illustrator<3
    Yup I use illustrator. Gives me the cartoony feel and its VERY easy to resize art. Photoshop can also do cartoon stuff but its a lot hard to resize images.
    here is another sneak peek at some of the level stuff I am working on. The wooden platforms are just things you can bounce off of and some will rotate, ect. The switch turns on and off the electricity. (I know, electricity underwater) haha. and of course the electricity is electricity.

Hope you like it.

Photobucket

Here is my level complete so far. Took me about 5-10 minutes but I'm still debating whether it should be different or not.

Photobucket

EDIT- The little turd like things in the level complete is just fish food. You collect it to keep energy through the levels. You need enough to go to each world kinda like cut the rope
    my mistake
    DreamLab said:
    Yup I use illustrator. Gives me the cartoony feel and its VERY easy to resize art. Photoshop can also do cartoon stuff but its a lot hard to resize images.

How did u do all this tho? (so good!) illistrator gives me a hard time since there is no "fill" tool...What tools should i know?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Applealltheway said:
    How did u do all this tho? (so good!) illistrator gives me a hard time since there is no "fill" tool...What tools should i know?

again im not dreamlab haha, but i know him very well and his stuff is excellent! takes a ton of practice and patience

and about the fill, just select the shape and select the color from the top left
    THX!
    I'm about to head to bed so I can get up early in the morning to start working again. Please give me feedback!
    Well today is a new day and lately I have been more focused on art for some reason. I plan to start the coding soon. What I usually do is make a lot of concept art for my game and then code, then when I need the art, I just resize it to what is needs to be and put it in.

Today's objective-

Work on the character and menu screens

Hope to get a lot done.