Totb3- Dream Lab

Comments

• CircleTimeCircleTime Member Posts: 84
    I'm impressed by your quality and speed. Excited to see where this is heading!
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Artwork looks great, Dream. Really nice.
  • iTouchGameriTouchGamer Member Posts: 681
    Can't wait to see the character, all this art you're showin is really gettin me pumped up!
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Well I got up early for no reason because I crashed at 11 am and woke up at 4 pm. Been working on code since then trying to get the main part of the game right. Hope this starts coming together soon. I will show a video as soon as its done.
  • XLWolfyXLWolfy Member Posts: 67
    Don't u have school?
  • OaklandasfanOaklandasfan Member Posts: 213
    Applealltheway said:
    Don't u have school?

I think EVERY school (that isn't year-round) is out now.
    no...to bad for me... my school ends on June 29...
    Yah I have been out from school since june 3rd.
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    I got out of school May 24th yeah!
    dats cheap!
    oh wait...thats not cheap... COSTCOS cheap
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    again im not dreamlab haha, but i know him very well and his stuff is excellent! takes a ton of practice and patience

and about the fill, just select the shape and select the color from the top left

Is there a transparentcy eraser? or how to i make a BG transparent
    Not too much art got done today, was busy working on the gameplay. But here is a pirate ship wheel thing I will use for the menu and the fishbowl. I think I might add more to the fish bowl. Photobucket

Here is a little bit more on the scene, I added a texture to the coral ground thing and a circular wooden platform for the obstacles.
    Photobucket
    again, not much art done today. Will show some gameplay tomorrow hopefully with art in it.
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    This looks awesome! And to think I barely started, I got some catchup to do XD
    DreamLab said:
    Not too much art got done today, was busy working on the gameplay. But here is a pirate ship wheel thing I will use for the menu and the fishbowl. I think I might add more to the fish bowl. Photobucket

Here is a little bit more on the scene, I added a texture to the coral ground thing and a circular wooden platform for the obstacles.
    Photobucket
    again, not much art done today. Will show some gameplay tomorrow hopefully with art in it.

how did u do the wood effect?
  • CircleTimeCircleTime Member Posts: 84
    Your game looks... very, very fun - before even seeing any gameplay. Awesome!
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Applealltheway said:
    no...to bad for me... my school ends on June 29...

+1
    Well I'm up today and it's time to work. I play to get the basic code/gameplay done today and some more artwork.
    New obstacle

What I will have is like a hook hanging down. If you hit the hook, it hooks you and you go up and die. But I won't show the whole die part because this is supposed to be a friendly family game! aha.
    Been working on the gameplay all day and whipped this up the last 5 minutes. This is what I will use for the first 2 or 3 levels for instructions to kinda guide you through.

Photobucket

at the moment I am adding more shading and things like that to it to give it more of a real feel.
  • GnomerGnomer Member Posts: 292
    Hey dreamlab how do you texture your rocks?
    BTW love the art :)
    woops. mispost
    Ok I just added a part to the story. Every nice story needs a bad guy! So your on a cruise ship, your friends want you back in the ocean, and your job is to get there. but this guy has made it hard for you to get there as he doesn't want you to be able to go to the ocean. He follows you through out the story. I traced a stock image and this is what I got. Let me know what you think.

Photobucket
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    Wow you have progressed alot DL I am LOVING the artwork! Cannot wait to see some more progress :)

-Josh
  • iTouchGameriTouchGamer Member Posts: 681
    Enemy looks good DreamLab! Very nice coloring.
    Well today is probably a relax day because I haven't really done anything yet. I might make the gameplay a bit smoother before I show it around and may make a few more images but today is like a day off for me. What does everyone think so far?
    Well today I was having some bug problems with the code and got a new idea. Still same game concept and art, but a new way to get the fish to the ocean. I will be trying to get it working today and see how it goes. if not I will go back to my other idea.
    Right now I am working on the story line "comics" at the beginning of the game. So far I made this port hole to explain that the fish wants out of the ocean. This part isn't done but its where I am at.

Photobucket
    Well its been a bit slow the past few days but the new gameplay idea is almost there! Probably will get it done tomorrow and show everyone. Then after that its to making the menu, levels, and finishing art. woo!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    great thread DreamLab.... looking forward to seeing the new gameplay idea in action...