Loading Times and RAM Usage

124»

Comments

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250
    ORBZ said:
    The #1 way to improve performance is uncheck the Movable flag on actors that are not under the control of the physics engine.

If you move an actor by hand (plot it's xy manually) then uncheck movable. If the actor is supposed to collide and bounce in a realistic way then check movable.

I can also confirm this functionality and I can add that it appears to be true regardless of how much code is behind each actor.
  • chaleychaley Member, PRO Posts: 226
    uptimistik said:
    Opening multiple threads on one issue is not very polite guys.

There is absolutely nothing rude about voicing concerns over massive problems with software. (Before you try the "I never said anyone is rude" thing, please understand that he opposite of "polite" is "rude.")

The RAM issue is a massive issue.

If the GS developers see one or two people mention a problem... it will register, but it may not seem important enough to include in the next update.

If they see 20 or more people mention a problem... then there is a consensus and it will garner more respect usually.

I can't focus on my game. I had to put my game on hold because the ram usage stays at 50 no matter what I do. I've looked at the suggestions and implemented them. My RAM stays at 50.

I know that the GS develpers said they were working on the issues, but I also know that there are other things they are working on. They can only do so much. It's important to speak about the priority of the bugs that will be fixed in the update.

Again... if you think this thread is redundant, you have 2 choices. You can hit the "back" button on the browser and move on... or you can shame and insult the people involved in the thread. Which choice is more "polite?"
  • chaleychaley Member, PRO Posts: 226
    uptimistik said:
    "Take note, they have seen it necessary to address it with a Sticky thread, while giving us the power to voice our comments on that thread. You are saying it is necessary to make even more of a point by opening multiple threads? "

Well, we also have the power to create new threads about this topic. So we do. Is it "necessary" to try and keep focus on a massive issue? Yes. It's absolutely necessary.
    uptimistik said:""You can hit the "back" button on the browser and move on" - Don't ya think the GS team could be doing the same thing to these redundant threads? ;)"

Could be. ...But they could also be doing that on the "sticky" threads, so it's best not to chance it.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    the know about the issue and theyre working everyday to fix and address it. the ammount of threads has nothing to do with it.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Ok, We have tried to explain numerous times the Actual Reason this thread is redundant and why it should not have been opened. We have given you the opportunity to take your complaints and concerns to the proper place which is the existing Sticky Thread that addresses this very issue. You have fail to do that an Merely want to stir the pot to keep an argument going.

I am merging this thread to the existing Load times and Ram issues Sticky. This is not, as i'm sure it will be taken by you, meant as an insult or a way or raining on your parade or even shame you.

It is meant to keep the forum organized and the discussions on subjects in the right place so everyone can see everything that has been said about a particular topic or concern. Please in the future do your part an if there is already a thread going on a topic do not create a new thread. Especially if the topic has even been given a Sticky to address the concern.

Everyone understands your concern and wants the same end result. We have simply tried to explain to you the proper way to go about it.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    @ tenrdrmer I dont mind to merged thread started by me. I wish that way Gs Team listen my voice and point understand the priority.
    creativeapps said:
    @ tenrdrmer I dont mind to merged thread started by me. I wish that way Gs Team listen my voice and point understand the priority.

maybe you missed the yellow stickies they posted.

or the whole sticky thread this has been merged too
    @John you are sous chef do you have any idea about 0.9.8 release date and loading and ram usage solution included in next update or not?
    creativeapps said:
    @John you are sous chef do you have any idea about 0.9.8 release date and loading and ram usage solution included in next update or not?

there working very hard on the issue as they have said many times, no news on a date yet. There working on fixing the whole loading and ram issue in the entire engine. Thats not somethign that happens overnight. As soon as theres more info you guys will know. hang in there im sure it will be worth the wait
    ok thanks for the info
  • RUPASRUPAS Member Posts: 823
    After trying my game 50 times in my iphone any time I hill, and now I have received criticism by saying that shuts itself off? I'm tired of so many bugs pir because of the ram, or fix this or I'll have to think about choosing another software
  • ApplaudAppsApplaudApps Member Posts: 308
    Hi Yoda & GS team,
    Any chance you can let us know an expected date for 0.9.8 ?

I'm sitting on a finished iPhone game which is a totally original puzzle game and I'm dying to send it to Apple. But it's running at 38MB of RAM and though it doesnt crash it does stutter occasionally. It's a one scene app which I don't want to change so just hoping 0.9.8 will release a bit more juice to make it perfectly smooth and stable.

Thanks, Philip.
  • gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    Hey Game Salad Team:

Thanks for the hard work on this issue. I just wanted to know if you are making any progress. I think it will ease my nerves if you give me some feedback on this. Thanks!

Alexis