• TOTB4 • MAIN OFFICIAL THREAD • THEME ANNOUNCED • HAPPY NEW YEAR! •

2»

Comments

• gteteris001gteteris001 Member Posts: 51
    Im in!!!
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Nice theme Stormy. And an hard one too. It's a pity we will also have to do the music and sound part at first I understood the limit would be only on the graphic part.

Well, it's time to recover the brain cells that I lost in the last two days so that I can brainstorm a little on the theme.

Good luck to everyone entering the contest!

Just got back from a day out in London (UK), even joined the queues to go on the London Eye (The Big Wheel with amazing city wide views)...a very cool day.. Why have I told you that.... for no reason other than to be a bit smug... :-)

Just totted up all the TOTB4 threads... looks like we have 30 active competitors so far... which is just amazing... if you can all spread the word via your twitter or Facebook accounts that would be great... you never know some more big prizes could turn up before the end...

Good luck everyone, some interesting ideas out there.

Cheers Jon aka stormy.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    edited January 2012
    @etzer - Yes, once a year as far as i'm aware... Actually, I think there was 2 last year.
    YAY we get one whole day to edit now.... Edit >>> Smiley face :D
  • EthanZarovEthanZarov Member Posts: 156
    Ok, I hope they do this often. I am in!

EDIT:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/37443/totb4-etzer-i-think-it-is-very-unique#Item_6

My TOTB4 thread
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    We now have 42 threads from different developers... a few still on their 1st post... hopefully they'll post updates soon...

Some mixed ideas out there... some more original than others...

Also..if any sous chefs not taking part that fancy judging that would be cool. Could do with two more.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    well, I am working on one …

so guess I had best announce it!
    stopped looking at others after first few post because of the great videos, and the great gfx!

MH
    Wow!! we're up to TOTB4 threads ... amazing...

:D
  • bluechiksbluechiks Member Posts: 89
    I have a prize that you could give away to the winner if your still interested in having some prizes. I want to offer up a free month of unlimited disk space, bandwidth, ect. hosting and a free domain name from my web hosting company Bluechik.com The winner can use the hosting for anything wether its making an app company page or something completely separate. Stormystudio email mail me at bluechikhost@Yahoo.com to discuss further.

Cheers.
    Hi Bluechiks...

thanks for the offer...really thankyou... but in all honesty that sound sless like a prize and more like a free trial to your website service...which you would then charge for...

Eleven days till the contest ends... woo!!...

• bluechiksbluechiks Member Posts: 89
    Hi Stormystudio,

I am not trying to change your mind at all, really I'm not, but isn't that exactly what gamesalad is offering with the pro status for a year? After the year that have to choose to continue and pay from then on or they have to end the account. That is the exact same thing I am offering, after there free month is up I will end the account if they wish and help transfer them to another host. The other main thing I am offering is a free domain name, which I don't know if you caught that or not. Either way, is fine. I was just trying to get some more stuff for the gs community to win.

BlueChik
    good argument... I'll consider adding it... there is a slight difference ... when your GameSalad pro membership expires...your games don't stop working... but a website after the 3 months period would....as you've offered the free domain name and to move it if requested..I'll consider it..

what do others think?
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    edited January 2012
    agree with you 100% @stormystudio

most Web Hosting Sites offer a free trial! and there are Free Web Hosting Sites … so you could just post a link to one of those as a prize!

while a whole year of GS … is a real prize

and a domain name registered via a hosting site can only be renewed by the site … so, if you aren't paying for the site, your domain name could be sold by the site
    not saying that is how bluechiks would handle this … just stating what can happen

(also note: the registrar of bluechiks.com is:
    "Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC." … and they offer free hosting
    plus NetworkSolution has a nice Affiliate Program where one can make money by offering visitors: domain names, web hosting, websites, ecommerce, etc.

@};- MH
  • JadarStudiosJadarStudios Member Posts: 264
    Just wondering, what time, and date does it end? The rules on Stormy's site are from TOTB3.... Or at least the end date is wrong..
  • ccpccp Member Posts: 139
    @JadarStudios
    I would say January 31 7:00 A.M. (CST) but i'm not sure about that ... maybe it's February 1.
  • GnomerGnomer Member Posts: 292
    I think its Midnight on the 31st GMT
    edited January 2012
    It's on the other thread about final entries. (sorry about wrong date on rules, away from computer n and won't be fixing it before the end)..

It ends last day of January at 12pm. GMT. There is a clock on the official web page to check which is set to GMT.

If your not sure when that is still, please just post your entry a day early to be sure.

Good luck
  • HapiappsHapiapps Member Posts: 373
    When we finish should we upload as html-5 or is just a video and description enough?
    Please check the other thread for final submission info. (and just a video and description is enough, also email it to me so I know submissions were in on time).

Full details in the first thread of the final submissions thread.

Thanks

Jon
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    Someone please stop the spammer.