Spare Code ? Dump It here.

Comments

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    @Braydon_SFX -- Very nice! Thanks!
    edited June 2013
    Gears!
    Here is a stab at some generalized gear logic.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uba10sqk3i4p2it/GearLogic.zip

Note: The teeth don't always mesh up. Its probably due to poor graphics. (Not much of an artist here.) To do it right you need teeth perfectly 'machined' to work with each other -- especially if the cogs are not the same size.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    edited June 2013
    Example of how to pivot actors around a point:
  • ericzingelerericzingeler Member Posts: 334
    Draw a line/create a path with its points evenly distributed via a vector interpolation function.

http://www.ezinterweb.com/2013/06/line-draw-for-gamesalad.html
    Rocket Fly Forward

- Example shows how to always have a rocket point in the direction it is traveling.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    Loving the stuff in this thread guys!
    - Thomas
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @tatiang
    @Braydon_SFX
    @RThurman
    @ORBZ
    @ericzingeler

Brilliant stuff, there's a whole game in this page alone !!!

:)>- :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>-
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Thanks, @Socks. You and everyone else who contributed to this thread have enriched the whole community. Indeed, if someone has moved beyond the very basics of GameSalad, you couldn't find a better thread to hone in on some true gems.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited June 2013
    Free Rolling Fog! Or clouds or something spooky! Might be of use to someone, maybe some rolling fog for one level of a plarformer?
    Endlessly loops (all recycled) – you need to give it 2.6 seconds to draw up the clouds then it fades up and rolls forever!!

(Credits go to Tynan of thatgameforum - Distributed by That Developer Market/Indie Labz)

edited June 2013

(Credits go to Tynan of thatgameforum - Distributed by That Developer Market/Indie Labz)
    I think 'Tynan' posted it here first - and then someone reported it over at thatgameforum.

Tynan was a great guy, incredibly kind, handsome and generous to a fault, to say nothing of his skills as an archer, stuntman, poet and his extensive charity work in SubSaharan Africa, and with this greatness came a humbleness and modesty rarely seen. ;)

If I (cough cough, sorry I meant 'Tynan') were to do this again I would use one of the super fast looping methods to avoid the couple of seconds build time.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited June 2013

Tynan was a great guy, incredibly kind, handsome and generous to a fault, to say nothing of his skills as an archer, stuntman, poet and his extensive charity work in SubSaharan Africa, and with this greatness came a humbleness and modesty rarely seen.
    @Socks
    And what happened to this saint? *sniff* :(

Chakku

Tynan was a great guy, incredibly kind, handsome and generous to a fault, to say nothing of his skills as an archer, stuntman, poet and his extensive charity work in SubSaharan Africa, and with this greatness came a humbleness and modesty rarely seen.
    @Socks
    And what happened to this saint? *sniff* :(

Chakku
    @Chakku

Foracide.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    ^ I knew it!
    ^ I knew it!
    I don't know what that means :(

http://goo.gl/xYa0z

Chakku
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    I had a feeling Sock's name once started with a "T" - ;)
    I was reading a thread about someone wanting parabolic motion on an endless runner type of game. Since this type of game doesn't actually have forward motion parabolic motion is actually an illusion. This is a demo of how to do it easily.

Enjoy :)
    @socks
    I knew there was an overly familiar sense of sarcasm ;) Say how is TGF these days... Time to round up the old gang? :P
    ^ I knew it!
    I don't know what that means :(

http://goo.gl/xYa0z

Chakku
    @Chakku

Forum suicide = foracide.
    edited June 2013
    @socks
    I knew there was an overly familiar sense of sarcasm ;) Say how is TGF these days... Time to round up the old gang? :P
    It's weird this 'sarcasm' thing, I've not - as far as I'm aware - ever really been sarcastic although that is apparently how I come over online !?!?

Oh well, not a lot I can do about that ! #:-S
    edited June 2013
    Quite Peculiarly; Im not even sure if I know what the term 'Sarcasm' Means anymore, Perhaps a presumptuous term for High level intellect or Even a ridiculing of those below that intellect?
    I seem to have fallen down a black hole
    with my definitions recently ;)

Anywho.... Spare code:
    Slider Puzzle
    Courtesy of http://thatdevelopermarket.com

• lewisonelewisone Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Universal project from iPhone 5 to iPhone 4S and below and iPad!

Some tweaking might be needed depending on your project - also zoom in and out (and or restart the project) when you switch devices.

Hope you all find it useful.
    Jesh, the way I was doing it was freeking stupid, hahaha. This is such a simple and now obvious solution to this issue. You are a Genious my friend. Thank you for your insite.

-LewisOne (My Website, FB, Twitter, IG, YT)

• sawkasteesawkastee Member Posts: 184
    So all this code is free to use in our games?
    Like @uptimistik said, help yourself. :)>-
    Hmmmm, @Socks
    If you charged a royalty for using the stuff in this thread, you'd be a millionaire in no time ;)

Chakku
    edited June 2013
    Hmmmm, @Socks
    If you charged a royalty for using the stuff in this thread, you'd be a millionaire in no time ;)

Chakku
    @Chakku

Yeah, but until GameSalad fix the numerical readout I could only call myself a 1e+06-ionaire.
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    Very nice demos. now it's my turn.
    I've started a thread called"demos for everyone" (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/57450/demos-for-everyone#latest) there I post all my demos. You could also request a demo simply by send me a PM.
    //Fajlajp
    edited August 2013
    iOS 7 Bounce

I see that iOS 7 now gives a fancy bounce-back to things. Here is a file that demonstrates three ways to get an actor to bounce back like that;

1) The first uses math to create a set of easing functions. (Its my favorite and I am sure its the way this feature is coded in iOS 7.)

2) The second way uses a series of GS interpolations to give the bounce back effect. (Fun and very useful.)

3 The third way uses good old GS physics. (Why go through all the trouble to code it when GS is nice and bouncy on its own!)

Actually I can think of reasons/situations to use each of these methods.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/omxp74ykddlwjeo/BounceEasing.zip

Edit: Oh... I see that this is posting 1,100 for me. That's kinda cool.
    @beefy_clyro -- glad you might find it useful!