Spare Code ? Dump It here.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @RThurman

Great stuff ! : )
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    edited June 2013
    Hi everbody.
    I´ve already posted it in my thread "demos for everyone" but I thought I also would post it here, because it´s such a "big" demo

4pics1word
    --------------
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgx3aga68s2e4f3/4pics1word.zip

It only contains 2 levels but it´s easy to customize. Please send me a pm if you find any problems with it(and I will try to fix it and update a new one)

Have good fun with it :)
    //Fajalajp
    Ball + Shadow for bouncy games !
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    edited June 2013
    @Fajliap -- very nice!

Thanks for sharing with the community.
    @Socks -- So that's how to do realistic shadows. This will come in very handy.

Any idea on how to get the whirligigy thingies to cast a proper shadow as well?
    @Socks -- So that's how to do realistic shadows. This will come in very handy.
    I'm sure you could polish it up a little depending on the situation it might be used in (I think the opacity range is too much for example) - and you might want to make the changes between blur amounts (separate images) a little finer (so more images).
    Any idea on how to get the whirligigy thingies to cast a proper shadow as well?
    Depending on how you see them, 2D lines floating in space, or the side view of extruded platforms (etc) . . . should be fairly straightforward, just constrain the X dimension of the shadow actor to SIN (angle = speed of rotating shadow).
    @Socks -- Hey that's too easy! That sine/cosine stuff sure makes things work nice and fancy.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Early stages of a remake of the popular swiping list app 'Clear'

Drag down, a new text list box is spawned, text box pops up, enter text, press done, it updates the info in a table. All nice and smooth and swipey... I think I got frustrated that I could'nt easily limit how much you could type without making a custom keyboard. A mix of hopefully useful gamesalad rules.

This video shows where it got to... sorry the video is poorly filmed.

• FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    Here is a trivia game that I just posted in my thread "demos for everyone:)"

Little info about the game
    *Easy to add questions
    *The answers is in a random order
    *When you picked you answer it will play a sound to say if it´s wrong or if it´s correct.
    *The correct answer will be in green, the wrong in red when you picked your answer.

Trivia game
    --------------
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fc0ncf9l57ddz5/Quiz.zip

It will be updated with more stuff. Random order of questions, score etc
    //Fajlajp
    edited June 2013
    Find all the words in a string of letters

This demo was created in response to
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/57762/picking-out-words

The attached file takes a string of 10 letters and finds all the possible words contained in the string. It uses the words found in @TShirtbooth's 60,000 word template. (A free template at GSHelper.com)

When read from left to right, a ten character string of letters can (theoretically) contain as many as 45 possible words. This demo shows how to check for all 45 possibilities.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3z6dqxurkcn23cd/wordFinder60000.zip

Caution: This is a very powerful tool and must be used responsibly. If used indiscriminately, one might end up with a wildly successful 'find-the-word' game. Please don't hold GameSalad - or any of its users - responsible if you end up making a word-game that achieves thousands of downloads.
  • HalfBakedProductionsHalfBakedProductions Member, PRO Posts: 248
    Here's a "review my app". It used to be part of the templates, but I think it was removed, so here it is :D

There is also a .psd file with the rating box
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Early stages of a remake of the popular swiping list ...
    Toblerone!! ... Sorry what was it you said?
    @RThurman

Excellent stuff . . . !
  • DoguzDoguz Member Posts: 500
    @RThurman RE:IOS& Bounce
    I recently discovered these equations whilst doing some work in After Effects. Ian Haigh translated them into a script and it works fantastically.

http://aescripts.com/ease-and-wizz/

I was wondering if they could be translated into GS. And bingo, You've done it. Did you try doing the 'elastic' and 'back' tweens as well?
    edited June 2013
    @Socks -- Thanks! Its fun to see what GameSalad is capable of. This is just sort of brute forcing an algorithm for a ten-letter string. With the new stuff in the nightly builds, the same thing can probably be done for any length string of letters if you use just one table, two loops and one rule. (hint, hint)

@Doguz -- I did do some of the different easing functions you mentioned. You can find some demos in this thread:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/54962/make-your-own-interpolations
    A stab at an elastic easing function can be found near the bottom of the thread.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys,

This demo checks to see if the word entered in the project is a word in the Answer table. While there are other ways to do this, this method uses the new Loop Behavior which is currently found in the Nightly Builds. If you're not a PRO user, I'd consider upgrading. Getting these features early is well worth it!

Just one of the many uses for the new Loop Behavior!

Download it over at GSHelper.com - http://gshelper.com/shop/gamesalad-templates/table-word-checker-loop-behavior-demo/

Enjoy!
  • finalcutbobfinalcutbob Member Posts: 130
    @Braydon_SFX is this better because it's faster using the Loop Behavior?
    @finalcutbob - that depends. It's probably better on the game itself because it's using tables. It takes just about 1 second to search through 60-80 rows in the table. So if you have less than 100 words, then it could be used in the game. I had the idea while looking at our 60,000 word checker on GSHelper.com. In that demo, the words are held in self attributes. If you wanted to edit the contents, it would take a long time. You'd have to take all of those words out of the self attribute, and paste them into a text editor. Then remove/add new words, paste them back into the actor, etc.

Anyway, you can take a look if you don't have it already.

The point being - it was a hassle to edit/open that actor when making a word game. This method is much easier to edit, but takes slightly longer to confirm a match.
  • finalcutbobfinalcutbob Member Posts: 130
    @Braydon_SFX - Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess It depends on what you're trying to accomplish in the end that would determine which way you would use it.
    Exactly. Anyway, I thought I would put it up for those looking for an alternative.
    edited June 2013
    @Braydon_SFX -- Nice! Great example of how to use the new Loop behavior.

Do you have any thoughts on how to do the same kind of thing using the 'Loop Over Table' behavior?
    @RThurman - Haven't really looked into it. Threw this together really quick. That's a good idea which I'll look into when I have time. :D I love learning new behaviors!
  • ericzingelerericzingeler Member Posts: 334
    Parallax backgrounds/scrolling with non-wrapping scenes. This is function is 100% math based and works by either setting the target width or target (perceived) speed of the parallax actor. You'll end up with perfect dimensions and positions, no more guess work!

Be sure to view the ReadMe actor for details

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27937751/gs/modules/ParallaxBackgrounds_v1.0_06_26_2013.gameproj.zip
    @ericzingeler - fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
    edited June 2013
    @Braydon_SFX

Thanks!

Here's another parallax tidbit... iOS7 simulated parallax effect. See background actor for details.

iOS7 Parallax
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Some great stuff in here that's been really helpful - thanks all! :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Fruit Ninja style fruit toss . . . .
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    WOW - CODING CHRISTMAS THIS SHALL BE CALLED FROM NOW ON!

I never use ALL CAPS unless I feel like the Town Crier.

Thank you to one and all.
    @Socks
    Fruit Ninja style fruit toss . . . .
    I like this project and thought I'd contribute to it.

I personally am not too crazy about the native Animation Behavior in GS, so I added my version to this project. Frame rate can be up to 60 now. I also made use of only 25 of the 50 images you provided to reduce RAM load.

Download Here
    edited July 2013
    I personally am not too crazy about the native Animation Behavior in GS . . . .
    @ericzingeler

Agreed, it's pretty poor, the functionality is very limited and the frame rates are inaccurate bordering on random - I try not to use it, but it's quick to throw in on demos.
    . . . . so I added my version to this project. Frame rate can be up to 60 now. I also made use of only 25 of the 50 images you provided to reduce RAM load.
    Much nicer / smoother, excellent stuff.

:)>-