★★ Music Magic ★★ Coming Soon To To IOS, Android, And Mac! [Video]

Comments

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    Ok, here it is. (I'm sorry about to really low volume and horrible quality.. lol)

Please keep in mind that it is not finished, and if you see a bug in it, I probably already know about it and am working on it. But if you have some constructive criticism or suggestions, I'm all ears. Also, the video is horrible quality, but in reality the art looks much more smooth ;)

- Thomas
    edited March 2013
    Man that looks bad.. I'm going to have to get a new ScreenFlow subscription.. ;)
    - Thomas
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Looking good so far Thomas. Might I suggest the ability to save tracks you've already made. I know you can't export them with GS, but save them to the app so they can be opened later.

- Alex
    edited March 2013
    @osucowboy18 - Yep, I forgot to showcase it in the vid, but you have ten slots to save and load to. A whole menu pops up when you press the boz at the top, which contains the editable title of the track.
    - Thomas
    edited March 2013
    Here's a screenshot of the Save/Load system, @osucowboy18.

There will be squares of the ten different colors with numbers in a cover flow system in the main compartment, and in the bottom section it will show the title of the currently selected slot. Then you can save to it or load from it.

- Thomas
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Looks good Thomas! I figured you would have thought of that already, but just wanted to make sure :)

- Alex
    So I searched this problem up, and people had answers, but they were all old.

So I'll ask again. Should I or should I not put a $ or cent sign in my app, or should I say USD, or should I just say .99 / 2.99.. for IAP I mean. (Keeping in mind localization)

Thanks,
    - Thomas
    edited March 2013
    Also, could a moderator please change the title so that it has (Video) at the end? Thanks ;)
    - Thomas

Actually, [Video]. It's better.

Edit: Thanks anonymous moderator. What you didn't know was that I set up a rule so that when actor receives event 'title' 'is changed', then change boolean attribute 'startWorldDomination' to true! >:) I'm telling you, that's how WWIII is going to start :D
    Also, I forgot to say that my method of renewing the app name worked. Basically, you just submit a random binary, even of just a blank project, and then reject it. This will reset your 6 month timer ;)
    - Thomas

So I'll ask again. Should I or should I not put a $ or cent sign in my app, or should I say USD, or should I just say .99 / 2.99.. for IAP I mean. (Keeping in mind localization)

Thanks,
    - Thomas
    Any ideas? I'll check back in the morning.
    - Thomas
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    Man that looks bad.. I'm going to have to get a new ScreenFlow subscription.. ;)
    - Thomas
    You can use quicktime pro its by default inbuild. You can drag and select particular area
    and record in high quality. With help of sunflower you can record audio also.

• whompywhompy Member Posts: 27
    Music Magic is REALLY cool. I teach music in a K-8 school, and I would definitely like to use this program in class when I teach composition. I have the original tonematrix program, but you can't use different instruments, save songs, etc. Yours is better and has both educational and fun appeal.

My only constructive criticism would be to make sure that your final video ad features music that actually sounds like......... music. No offense, but the "music" in this video kind of sounded like a mish-mosh of notes that won't entice people to buy your game, in my opinion. And you probably already knew that.

But great game, I can't wait to play it!

edited March 2013
    @creativeapps - I am using Quicktime, and I am using Soundflower ;)
    I'm really not sure why the quality was so bad and the sound so low, because I have the sound turned up in all of my settings and I have Quicktime set to high quality.. Also, what is this about Quicktime Pro? Is that separate from Quicktime?

@whompy - Thank you very much! Yes, I have not tuned the notes properly yet, so obviously everything is very off-pitch. I have to go in an indivdually tune the notes, and possibly for the different instruments as well. It'll take awhile. ;)

Also, we're already working on a custom after effects video that will showcase some much better music, with some of them being recreated popular songs.

Edit: In addition, we will have some of the demos set up with songs that are based off of well known tunes, as well as a few originals.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys :)
    - Thomas
    Wait.. you did mean Soundflower.. right @creativeapps? Not sure what 'Sunflower' is.
    - Thomas
    sorry typo mistake. Its soundflower. There is not much difference in quick time basic and pro. http://store.apple.com/us/product/D3380Z/A/quicktime-7-pro-for-mac-os-x

In your case if you set high quality than it should work. What are using new screen recording or new movie recording?
    @creativeapps - New screen recording. I use the drop down and select High Quality.
    - Thomas
    Then try to select particular game play area. Instead of showing full screen of your mac desktop screen.
    So.. I think I figured out what was wrong.

It's not possible to export directly to iMovie from Quicktime, because it says iMovie is not set up. I looked up the issue, and pretty much everyone has it with no solution. Anyway, the one solution is to export to your desktop, put it in iPhoto, and then put it in iMovie. Somewhere along the way it gets lowered in quality unfortunately.

As for the sound, I did another recording and it much louder. It must have been a fluke.

- Thomas

Thanks,
    - Thomas
    @GuaveGames - Thanks in advance.
    - Thomas
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Looking good, Thomas. :-)
    @Braydon_SFX - Thanks; it means a lot coming from you :)
    - Thomas
    edited March 2013
    So here's what I'm thinking:

Before paying for the 'More Pages' IAP (99c):

Portrait - 5 pages of 16x16 tiles for a length of 80.
    Landscape - 4 pages of 20x16 tiles for a length of 80.

After paying for the 'More Pages' IAP (99c):

Portrait - 10 pages of 16x16 tiles for a length of 160.
    Landscape - 8 pages of 20x16 tiles for a length of 160.

That actually works out really well, in my opinion. I'm open to suggestions though ;)
    - Thomas
  • drakee510drakee510 Member Posts: 49
    I can't wait! This looks cool!
    edited March 2013
    Also, here's what we're thinking about for the shop.

Colors: The 10 colors are split in to 3 groups, plus one extra. At first you have 4 colors, including is the extra, plus one from each group. Then you can buy the other 2 from each separate group for .99c, or all 6 colors for $1.99. (Keep in mind that colors are the different sounds.) (The extra is the white colored tile, and is the generic synth. The other three groups are Pianos, Drums, and Band.)

Keys/Scales: The 10 keys are split in to 3 groups, plus one extra. At first you have 4 keys, including is the extra, plus one from each group. Then you can buy the other 2 from each separate group for .99c, or all 6 keys for $1.99. (The white, extra key will most likely be generic C, and then the others will include Jazz, Chromatic, Pentatonic, Blues etc.)

The four layers and four intensities will be free. Also, the volume and tempo sliders will be free.

You may also remove the ad banner for .99c.

There will be an overall package, in which you receive all of this and the 'More Pages' purchase, as I explained above. This package will be $4.99.

What does everything think of this pricing model?

Thanks,
    - Thomas

P.S. Should I call it 'Key' or 'Scale'? :-?
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Member Posts: 216
    wait why would you have less pages after buying the iap?
    edited March 2013
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Member Posts: 216
    ok cuz I was confused there, so would it be 10 and 8 before the iap, then another 5 and 4, or 5 and 4 before and then a total of 10 and 8?
    @DanDaMan123 - They start with 4/5 and then go to 8/10 after the IAP.
    Makes sense?
    - Thomas
  • GuaveMediaGuaveMedia Member, PRO Posts: 1,262
    @SnapFireStudios

I would go with $ or €. Or just a single buy button, people will see how much it costs when the iAP window pops up. We use € in our upcoming game.

Alex
    @GuaveGames - So wait, if you have it as €, then it wouldn't be .99, it's some other random centage?
    - Thomas