★★ Music Magic ★★ Coming Soon To To IOS, Android, And Mac! [Video]

SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
edited March 2013 in Announce Your Game!
Hey guys,

So i've been working on this game/tool for a few months now. It is getting close(r) to completion, but there is still a ways to go.

Music Magic is based off of the ToneMatrix and Arp-O-Matic. The great thing about it is, no matter how much musical talent you have, you can still easily create great music.

Technically, the app name is expiring in 10 days. But thanks to @beefy_clyro, we seem to have a bit more breathing room. I'll keep this thread and the SnapFire Studios website updated with our progress. At the moment, we're probably looking at a mid march release date.

Here are some screenshots and more info. We are working on an app icon right now.

---

---

GUI Info:

This is the main interface. Across the bottom, you have Volume, Intensity, Color, Back, Play/Pause, Forward, Pitch, and Tempo. Volume, Intensity, Pitch, and Tempo are all sliders, while Color and Layer will pop up separate menus.

On the top we have the Clear and Retract buttons, separated by the Title. Tapping the title or putting three fingers on the screen at once will bring down the Save/Load panel.

Also, the rectangle just above the bottom bar is what moves across the scene to trigger tiles. It's counterpart at the top is also draggable, and indicates where the bottom slider should repeat from.

We're still working on exactly how the page system is going to work. We know that we want to have 8 or 10 pages, and have the saving and loading worked out with tables. It's going to get slightly complicated, especially once we start looking at the landscape orientation.

---

Use Info:

You can tap, or drag across the screen to activate tiles. The tile is then toggled and set to your current color and intensity, both of which can be changed in the bottom bar.

When the bottom slider reaches an activated tile, a sound will play. The sound type depends on the color, and the volume depends on its intensity. The sound pitch depends on it's vertical position. (The highest is the highest pitch; the lowest is the lowest pitch)

If you're reading this, thanks! I assume that most people would've already scrolled past this part. =)
If you'd like to beta test the app, please send me a PM. We're a few weeks out from a completely working prototype, but once we have one i'd love some testers.

You can change where to repeat from using the top slider, and you can switch between 8-10 pages. This way you can create dynamic, full length tunes.

Changing the overall volume is possible, using the volume slider in the bottom bar. You can change the tempo in the same way.

---

Sounds Info:

We have ten sounds. Each one is represented by one of the ten colors. You can choose which color you want to place by selecting it in the color bar popup.

We have one piano, three synths, three percussion, and three acoustic. Thanks goes to HoneyTribeStudios for making the sounds! I'd certainly recommend him to anyone who needs some game music or sound effects.

All of the sounds are set up so that, no matter what combination, they will always sound pleasant.

---

I hope that you all will enjoy using the app! It has been a hard work of many hours, and I have many more great ideas for it. I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone on the forums for their support while i've been working on this. Special thanks go to @HoneyTribeStudios, @gyroscope, @PixelMetal, @Peter_Olafson and @anatomyofdreams.

Thanks a bunch for all the feedback and encouragement! Stay tuned for more. =)

- Thomas

Comments