State of GameSalad 6-26-2013

13»

Comments

• funkyj4everfunkyj4ever Member Posts: 74
    Are you still working on the windows version?
  • HalfBakedProductionsHalfBakedProductions Member, PRO Posts: 248
    Can't wait for async, stretch, custom loading, and custom fonts. My life would be complete once those features come out :D
  • robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912
    Great! Thanks Game Salad! :D

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912
    Can't wait for the new changes to be implemented.

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• GOG_GamesGOG_Games Member Posts: 130
    Great! It's always great to have more manpower!
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    edited June 2013
    @CodeWizard
    What are you planning to release in the next stable build? Custom loading wheel, async etc
    When do you think the next stable build would be?
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    @Fajlajp You spelt wizard wrong. It was the first thing mentioned by codewizard in the first post about stable build release. If they had a date in mind it would have been mentioned.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    @921creative
    We have a hacked up solution for custom fonts that we're using for our internal projects. Proper customer-facing support in on the way.
    This will be great - nice to hear and it means I can just progress with my current graphic static font and waiting for me to be able to use that for my dynamic type in the game soon I hope :)

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    @SnapFireStudios
    Let me flap gums on engine expandability for a moment.

We're aiming to provide two levels of engine extension for you to take advantage of. Initially this will be based on custom behavior scripting. Yes, that means that you'll be able to create your own custom behaviors and add them to Creator. We'll also ensure you can share them with others and (hopefully) sell them on Marketplace.

The second level of engine extension is in the form of native plugins. These plugins would be written in your native language of choice and will allow you to access native level functionality. So, integrating a third party library would be possible then. As would having performance-critical code written in native code.

We're in the initial phases of the first level. Once we've gotten a plan worked out I'll share more.

Does this mean we can have a "Take a Screenshot" like behavior. Instead of the user depending on the power/home combo? on press.. take screenshot save to camera roll... yaddayadda yadda.???

• SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    My company is called flaming mitten.
    It isn't actually our logo or anything, but just something we knocked up back in the day, that I have never bothered to change...:)

BOOM!
    Just to clarify something I've often wondered @Sparkyidr, your user icon is a bong, right?

Cause if it's not... it's misleading. Like, if it's meant to be an oven mitten that's has caught on fire on the thumb... other people might be thinking it's something else. :)
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @Chakku

It's nearly time . . . .
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @Socks

I'm glad to see you got my advance warning about warning Chakku and warning CW. :P
    - Thomas
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
  • RoksaltRoksalt Member Posts: 87
    @beefy_clyro .... well that will just about do me.

I saw the big "CAUTION: EXPERIMENTAL BUILD NOT FOR PRODUCTION" sign and made the assumption that we couldn't publish from the NB... my mistake [definitely the dumbest thing I have ever posted]

Thanks for the help!
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    edited July 2013
    A new update today!!!
    So excited to see what they have done :) Because async will do my game so much easier ;)
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    Sorry @Socks and @SnapFireStudios
    I didn't get the tag until after CW posted it...but don't worry- there's always next week ;)

Chakku
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    Sorry @Socks and @SnapFireStudios
    I didn't get the tag until after CW posted it...but don't worry- there's always next week ;)

Chakku
    Completely unacceptable. You have been booted from the RCWTPU (Remind CodeWizard To Post Updates) organization. We have also taken care of your hyenas, so don't even think about that. ;)

- Thomas