GameSalad and Amazon Team Up!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    so any word on the second half of the cookbook tutorial? I've gotten everything configured on the amazon side of things, and I THINK I've got it all configured in the app, but I have no idea how to actually test it. when i do a build and push it to my kindle fire HD, it signs me into game circle (So I imagine thats working), but when i click on the iAP buttons nothing happens.
    did some more testing today, i got my game circle events to work, but still no idea how to test iAP
  • bluelotusbluelotus Member Posts: 96
    So just to clarify, is the Gamecircle and IAP features only available for Kindle Fire?

Meaning, when we submit our apps to Amazon, we have to select Kindle Fire as our target device and uncheck all other devices? I attempted to upload to all devices and the app was rejected. Will we have to create 2 separate apps if we want to target all devices, once for kindle fire with iap or gamecircle and one without those features for all other devices?
  • zzap64zzap64 Member Posts: 405
    @jonmulcahy

I've had the same problems and mentioned this on another thread.
    Clicking my iAP does nothing. I tested the button clicker APK Amazon supplies which works fine.
  • JamesLewisJamesLewis Member, PRO Posts: 109
    @codewizard

I agree with @jonmulcahy that the non-rotation of the splash screen for Android/Kindle is frustrating - looks rather unprofessional - a fix would be great.

Thanks

J
    @codewizard

I agree with @jonmulcahy that the non-rotation of the splash screen for Android/Kindle is frustrating - looks rather unprofessional - a fix would be great.

Thanks

J
    I've reported the bug and it is being tracked, just no ETA on a fix yet. I'm doing what others are doing and have a solid black splash screen and put a custom scene in my game with my real splash screen that displays for 2 seconds.
  • squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195
    @codewizard Would it be possible to sort out some kind of tutorial on how get Amazon IAP testing working on a Kindle Fire. I have followed all the instructions available from both yourselves and on the Amazon Dev site but I still can't get it to work under a testing environment (there's no point in submitting until I can test it). Button does nothing. It seems from the threads that there are quite a few struggling with this, any help would be greatly appreciated, it is such an exciting feature it would be great to get it underway.
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    a tutorial for kindle fire publishing will be nice too.
  • GLAGLA Member, PRO Posts: 60
    just published 2 games on amazon. When will i get the pro version of gamesalad?
    games are:
    1. PooPoo ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FX7UJ2Y )
    2. Baballooon ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FY862JG )
    just published 2 games on amazon. When will i get the pro version of gamesalad?
    games are:
    1. PooPoo ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FX7UJ2Y )
    2. Baballooon ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FY862JG )
    did you follow the instructions on the main page?
    You have to submit them through the Amazon thing in the publishing portal under Services.
  • GLAGLA Member, PRO Posts: 60
    edited October 2013
    yes i followed the instructions, and i submitted them through publishing portal on services
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    edited October 2013
    It's only $50 bucks for an Amazon developer account. What have you got to lose?
    The $50 bucks. :)
  • adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438
    I also received notification that one free month of pro was added to my account, but I don't seem have access to the pro features (no Android publishing). I do see the pro icon next to my name in these forums.
    Does anyone know how long the Amazon App Store Review Process takes for a Kindle Fire Game?
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    It's only $50 bucks for an Amazon developer account. What have you got to lose?
    The $50 bucks. :)
    If your not willing to risk any money to make money you're in the wrong business. Too many non serious people around here these days.
  • guillefaceguilleface Member, BASIC Posts: 1,014
    if i select kindle fire on the preview, my app gets black bars on the side with the letterbox option, will they get approved like this?
  • mcrtommcrtom Member, PRO Posts: 147
    I feel like a bit of an idiot for shouting proudly about how my kids app has no in app purchases in its description, for it to then be listed with 'contains in app purchases' next to it. Haha

Amazon said they can't remove it and it's down to Gamesalad, is there any work around for this?
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Yeah, we're working on that @mcrtom.
  • mcrtommcrtom Member, PRO Posts: 147
    Brilliant, thats great mate.
    @CodeWizard I submitted one of my games, Christmas Trivia Snowball Madness, yesterday for my 1 month of Pro, but I didn't get it yet. I also submitted my other game, Math Trivia: Number Madness for a 1 month of Pro as well just now.
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    @CodeWizard I submitted one of my games, Christmas Trivia Snowball Madness, yesterday for my 1 month of Pro, but I didn't get it yet. I also submitted my other game, Math Trivia: Number Madness for a 1 month of Pro as well just now.
    You have to give them time to review it before you get your free months may take a few days.

• games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185
    So just to clarify, is the Gamecircle and IAP features only available for Kindle Fire?

Meaning, when we submit our apps to Amazon, we have to select Kindle Fire as our target device and uncheck all other devices? I attempted to upload to all devices and the app was rejected. Will we have to create 2 separate apps if we want to target all devices, once for kindle fire with iap or gamecircle and one without those features for all other devices?
    I am also wondering the same. Should I be selecting the Android target build or Kindle target build when submitting apps to Amazon. Also do we need to create 2 builds for it to work on the Amazon Marketplace?
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited October 2013
    @bluelotus and @games4fun if you are a pro user you can use Android target build but if you are not a pro user then you use the Kindle target build as GS is giving non pro members the ability to publish to Amazon for a limited time ... The result of publishing to either Android or Kindle is the same you will get an APK file ... This is my understanding ... I submitted 3 apps to Amazon using Android as the target and all got approved with no issues at all ... You need to see what reason was given to you by Amazon for the rejection then correct it ... And yes you can submit more than one APK file if you choose too ie you can have one file for Android devices and one for Kindle but you don't have too ... I submitted one for all devices ... Also make sure you upload the unsigned APK not the signed one when you submit to Amazon ... Hope this helps ...
  • games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185
    @bluelotus and @games4fun if you are a pro user you can use Android target build but if you are not a pro user then you use the Kindle target build as GS is giving non pro members the ability to publish to Amazon for a limited time ... The result of publishing to either Android or Kindle is the same you will get an APK file ... This is my understanding ... I submitted 3 apps to Amazon using Android as the target and all got approved with no issues at all ... You need to see what reason was given to you by Amazon for the rejection then correct it ... And yes you can submit more than one APK file if you choose too ie you can have one file for Android devices and one for Kindle but you don't have too ... I submitted one for all devices ... Also make sure you upload the unsigned APK not the signed one when you submit to Amazon ... Hope this helps ...
    Yes it makes sense now. Thank you
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited October 2013
    Thanks GS, I received my extra 1 month of Pro for Stop The Smog:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FRZAYJK
    edited October 2013
    That's odd, I got My Pro Membership for both of my games, and the email said I got 12 months of Pro Membership, instead of 1 month.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Good news, folks and @mcrtom! We pushed a binary fix the other day to address the IAP reporting issues on the Amazon store. Just republish your apps to get this fix.
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    Good news, folks and @mcrtom! We pushed a binary fix the other day to address the IAP reporting issues on the Amazon store. Just republish your apps to get this fix.
    Thank you @codewizard
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    Fantastic thank you ... Just a quick question what is the best way to get approved for the Amazon Developer Select ??? Do you upload more than one APK to meet the HD requirements for each device ??? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated ... Thank you in advance ...