GameSalad and Amazon Team Up!

Comments

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @timolapre1998 they appear on your Amazon developer home page when you first log in ... You will see yesterday,last 7 days and total ... ;-)
  • eliteappseliteapps Member, PRO Posts: 47
    @jigglybean and others. Got 9 months added to my Pro membership yesterday. Still adding more so seems that 5 to 7 days is the current time to process these. Currently have another 4 waiting
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited November 2013
    @CodeWizard, so as long as they were submitted to Amazon before November 30th, this counts, right?

So, hypothetically, if I published a game at 11:59:59 PM to Amazon on November 30th and also submitted to GameSalad in the publishing portal, and Amazon accepted it into the store at 1:00PM on December 1st, I'd still get the months right?

Chakku
    @CodeWizard
    Please clarify the specifics of the end of the promotion please. I assume any app created through the GS Publishing Portal before midnight November 30th are eligible. Please clarify this, I don't wan to lose out on a month because I submitted too late on Nov 30. Also, it's midnight Texas time, right?

Thanks
    Chakku
  • DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277
    So where's this special section on the Amazon App Store that is spotlighting the Gamesalad games?
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    @Chakku
    Yeah, get your games approved before Nov 30th and we'll give you the months. There may be a small grace period but aim for Nov 30th. :)
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited November 2013
    @Chakku
    @CodeWizard
    Yeah, get your games approved before Nov 30th and we'll give you the months. There may be a small grace period but aim for Nov 30th. :)
    @CodeWizard
    Awesome :)

I will get everything generated on GS's side before midnight in Austin on November 30, and will have those generated APKs submitted to Amazon immediately after.

I'm really loving the friendly gesture of the grace period! :)>-

Thanks
    Chakku
  • HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    Wow, from submitting to Amazon to beeing live on the store in less than 24 hours. Great stuff Amazon, and thanks to GS for ... well GS.
  • wolala123wolala123 Member Posts: 248
    I have submitted an apps few days back...when can i get free month?
  • peastonpeaston Member, PRO Posts: 25
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    I uploaded an APK to Amazon, but it was unsigned -- the system said that was OK if you are targeting Kindle Fire.

Anyone has any experience with this? Is it more likely you will get rejected with an unsigned APK?

If so, do you need to download anything special to get the APKs signed?

Thanks!
    @pHghost with Amazon you upload the unsigned APK and Amazon signs it for you when your app is approved ... With Google Play you upload the singed APK. Hope that answers your question ... ;-)
    edited November 2013
    It does, thank you.

And do I need to do the API keys? I did so in the end, because I wasn't sure, but I'm not entirely sure what it was that I was doing. ;)
    edited November 2013
    @pHghost No you don't need any keys unless you are going to implement Amazon App Services ... I have not worked out game circle or Amazon in app yet .... ;-)
    edited November 2013
    @neoman

Perfect. Thanks for all!
    edited November 2013
    App accepted! Only took 14 hours, which is great. Amazon seems to be really snappy in this regard.

Got two more I'm finishing up, hopefully time enough to finalize and submit.

@CodeWizard
    Cheeky question: for the purpose of this promotion, if I have a premium paid version of an app and a free ad supported version, does that count as one app, or two?
  • colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited November 2013
    @pHghost nice problem to have :) I am going to miss out on the Amazon promotion. I can't submit my game until the next Nightly Build comes out with Game Circle login behaviour. If they release it in the next two days I might make it.
    @colander

I thought that GameCircle Login is even in the current stable version, or does that one not work?
  • colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    @pHghost yes it is in the stable version but not in the Nightly Builds which is pretty surprising but true.
    It seems approvals of Apps by Amazon have slowed down with the Thanksgiving holiday break. I'm hoping we will get a few days grace for gamesalad approvals for Pro membership extensions.
    Yep, first app was up by this time, second one still pending.
  • 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219
    I have lost all the free months that I have earned, except for the very first one!
    My pro membership should expire on january 28!!!
    What do you mean you've lost all the free months that you've earned except the first one. Were they added and then removed?
  • 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219
    What do you mean you've lost all the free months that you've earned except the first one. Were they added and then removed?
    Yes. I have published 3 games on amazon app store, and get 3 extra months for my pro membership. But since yesterday, at the end of the first month, I am no more a pro member...
  • wolala123wolala123 Member Posts: 248
    i have some apps few days back
  • lovedislikelovedislike Member, PRO Posts: 17
    edited November 2013
    I submitted a few games to Amazon on the 28th but they haven't been approved yet. Should I submit them to Gamesalad today even if they have not been approved yet or will the submission button still be available for a few days into December?
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Amazon have been a bit slower due to Black Friday and I think it was Labour/Labor Day in the US?

So they are probably taking a rest.
    @uptimistik good luck with the game!

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

@lovedislike

That is strange. I submitted an app yesterday (height of Thanksgiving) and it got approved today at 2AM. So definitely they are working. Do you have special features in (GameCircle, ads, etc.)? That might make the approval a bit slower.
  • lovedislikelovedislike Member, PRO Posts: 17
    edited November 2013
    Yea I have gamecirlce in them. I just got an email back from them saying "Unexpected error: Invalid API Key". Which I don't understand because I got gamecircle working properly on my kindle. I gave them my unsigned apk first (didn't work) then my signed apks. So I guess I will resubmit now without gamecircle for the promotion.
  • stinklip9stinklip9 Member Posts: 1
    @Chakku
    Once your game is live on the store then let us know and we'll verify. Once it's verified we'll give you your month automatically.
    I got my game on

@lovedislike

Did you fill out all the security profile info correctly (including MD5 etc.)?

You need that for GameCircle.