GameSalad and Amazon Team Up!

Comments

• Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    @CodeWizard do we get free months of Pro when we also contact you when we push updates for our game that we publish before the end of November or is it only eligible for new games.
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @BBEnk
    No need to use GameCircle or IAP to get free months. Just publish an app to the Amazon store before November 30th to qualify.
    @codewizard I published one on Oct 1, would that make me qualify. Or did I publish to soon? lol
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    We've started examining submissions today. I've noticed a number of the submissions were published to the Amazon App Store before the start of this promotion. Please remember that submissions apply only to games published after October 7 OR have been updated with GameCircle or IAP.

It will save us time and get you free month more quickly if you include the GameCircle or IAP update as part of your update description when you submit to Amazon. Thanks!
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    After submitting my app, about how long will the GameSalad Pro review process take?
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Very nice, I really like the Amazon AppStore. As soon as .10.4b is out I'll be able to finish the app I'm working on, and then I'll be starting development on a new game!

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• WingmanappsWingmanapps Member Posts: 458
    If I just want to add In APP purchases to my Amazon apps, how much of the guide you link to in the initial post, do I have to follow? Not going to use GameCircle for the first 2 couple of apps.
  • PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    Great! But this only applies to pro members right since you need a pro subscription to publish to amazon?
    Now please team up with google and integrate Google Play services into Gamesalad. That would be great. The cloud save feature would be a killer.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Great! But this only applies to pro members right since you need a pro subscription to publish to amazon?
    Now please team up with google and integrate Google Play services into Gamesalad. That would be great. The cloud save feature would be a killer.
    amazon publishing is free for now
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    General android publishing is Pro. We've also added a Kindle target for free users. These apps will only work on the Kindle. This will allow anyone to participate!

You could submit as a Kindle only app and after you get your free month, you can upgrade it to a general Android App!
  • 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219
    I've submitted one of my game to Amazon, it was approved and put on Amazon App-Shop in less than 24h, 1 free month of Pro subscription just obtained. Thank you guys! ;)
    We're trying to keep the submission turn around time to 48hrs. I just now completed the first batch of approvals!
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited October 2013
    "Amazon will also spotlight the best games in a special section of their Appstore!"
    Is the most interesting part for me, it's sad the it is so vague.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    How people decide what is a good game is always a judgment call from person to person. Just submit you're game and if their judgment is it's good enough to be featured it will. Life is a competition. Yeah you actually have to compete with others this is how it works. So honestly measure your work against others and if it's not as good work harder to make it better. In a race not everyone gets a trophy. That's what makes the trophy a reward for effort and talent. If everyone got features then it's not a feature at all. The should do two things to motivate people. One if you get featured it should encourage one to work hard to stay on top. Second if you don't get featured it should movtivate one to work harder to get featured. Worrying, sobbing, and pouting gets one nowhere. Only dedicated action to make your work better accomplishes the goal.
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    Not sure if this was said somewhere but is there a way to put ads in Kindle Fire apps?

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited October 2013
    How people decide what is a good game is always a judgment call from person to person. Just submit you're game and if their judgment is it's good enough to be featured it will. Life is a competition. Yeah you actually have to compete with others this is how it works. So honestly measure your work against others and if it's not as good work harder to make it better. In a race not everyone gets a trophy. That's what makes the trophy a reward for effort and talent. If everyone got features then it's not a feature at all. The should do two things to motivate people. One if you get featured it should encourage one to work hard to stay on top. Second if you don't get featured it should movtivate one to work harder to get featured. Worrying, sobbing, and pouting gets one nowhere. Only dedicated action to make your work better accomplishes the goal.
    What I meant, is I would like to hear some details. Where this section will be, for how long, how many Apps will be there. I'm not a believe in Amazon store and I've read some bad thing about it. But I would spend money and time for a chance of good promotion.
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    Not sure if this was said somewhere but is there a way to put ads in Kindle Fire apps?
    Using mobclix you can.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    It's only $50 bucks for an Amazon developer account. What have you got to lose?
    edited October 2013
    @FryingBaconStudios, it let me sign into the developer portal for Amazon with my Amazon account, i think the $50 is only when you create a new account.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited October 2013
    The question is, should I spend the next 4 weeks making one awesome app that has a chance at being featured, or make multiple basic apps and then use my newfound pro time to come up with something really good..... :-?

do easy to make basic apps like I did, I made another trivia game that is Christmas themed.

Now I just hope @CodeWizard releases 10.4 for Windows this weekend or this week, before I get bored and make a third trivia game.
    before I get bored and make a third trivia game.
    :)) Prepare for a barrage of reskinned apps
    Amazon should prepare for my games for Kindle Fire, because my game development studio, Supersonic Games only develops trivia games. So there will be trivia games based on every topic you can think of, such as Math, Christmas, Music, and Disney. In 2013, we will release 2 trivia games: Math Trivia: Number Madness and Christmas Trivia: Snowball Madness, so the Pro membership will help me continue pushing out trivia games for Kindle Fire in 2014.
    Amazon should prepare for my games for Kindle Fire, because my game development studio, Supersonic Games only develops trivia games. So there will be trivia games based on every topic you can think of, such as Math, Christmas, Music, and Disney. In 2013, we will release 2 trivia games: Math Trivia: Number Madness and Christmas Trivia: Snowball Madness, so the Pro membership will help me continue pushing out trivia games for Kindle Fire in 2014.
    @Gamelover456
    That sounded more like a mission statement than a comment. :))
    I did not mean to offend you when I said 'reskinned apps'...just thought the wording was funny when you said "before I get bored and make a third trivia game".

Besides from the sounds of it, you're a guy dedicated to quality games, so if you did make a bunch of basic apps to get pro, which will fuel future quality titles, I don't think people should take offense to it.
    yep :)
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    I signed up for an Amazon developer account today. There was NO charge. It was free ... Just letting every one know ...
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    "Amazon will also spotlight the best games in a special section of their Appstore!"
    Is the most interesting part for me, it's sad the it is so vague.
    I think what it is saying is if you make a game that kicks so much ass they cant ignore it then they will consider spotlighting it.
    @codewizard

wanted to bring up an old issue, that I was hoping could be fixed with the amazon promotion.

In android builds the splash screen does not rotate with the orientation you are holding the device, keeping the image centered. So when you have a landscape orientation the splash screen is still displaying as portrait, so on the device it is rotated by 90 degrees and only taking up 1/2 the screen.

Portrait applications work fine.

When publishing, we are only able to upload a portrait image. I think if you could just lock the rotation of the splash screen we'd be all set.

I submitted a but report on this today.
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @codewizard

wanted to bring up an old issue, that I was hoping could be fixed with the amazon promotion.

In android builds the splash screen does not rotate with the orientation you are holding the device, keeping the image centered. So when you have a landscape orientation the splash screen is still displaying as portrait, so on the device it is rotated by 90 degrees and only taking up 1/2 the screen.

Portrait applications work fine.

When publishing, we are only able to upload a portrait image. I think if you could just lock the rotation of the splash screen we'd be all set.

I submitted a but report on this today.
    Mine did that in the 1280 res but it worked fine for the 1024x600 res.
  • SirioGarciaSirioGarcia Member Posts: 52
    Wow! good news!

Mine did that in the 1280 res but it worked fine for the 1024x600 res.
    It's happening to be on both the original kindle fire and last years' kindle fire HD+