Dungeon Master + Roguelike? I need your opinion

Comments

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

Looking good!

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
    edited May 2015

As someone whose second PC game ever bought was Wizardry, I approve of this game.

(1st game ever bought was The Prisoner)

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Prisma_Comunicazione Looks amazing, do you have a rough ETA on when it will be available on mobile?

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Nice! Looking good!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

I played a lot of these games a long time ago. I would say try to make things a little quicker than the old ones were.

• 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219

Thank you everybody

@Lovejoy said:
    Prisma_Comunicazione Looks amazing, do you have a rough ETA on when it will be available on mobile?

The game is done, but I'm currently fixing gameplay issues (mostly classes, skills and enemies).
    I hope to publish the game on June.

edited June 2015

It's time for a little update :) I have modified some elements of combat, trying to make it a little more strategic. I've added the "fatigue" (attack the enemy in succession and use skill penalizes the player in the turn sequence) and the "defend" command (to boost DEF and recover some stamina).

There are 25 levels, 8 races and 8 classes with 6/8 skills each.
    Now I have to buy another PRO year of GS and then publish the game :)

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

Sounds great!

thank you :)

Character creation:

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

This is looking really good!
    Love the little touches - like the loading sound effects with the floppy disc image!

@DigiChain said:
    This is looking really good!
    Love the little touches - like the loading sound effects with the floppy disc image!

Thank you. I've actually recorded my amiga 500 floppy drive for that sfx :)

I've added more rules for combat, but maybe I should stop: D
    I started with only three possible actions (attack, use skills, drink potions) and now I got to this ...

(Sorry for the bad English! I will ask someone to check the texts before publishing the game: P)

@Prisma_Comunicazione said:
    I've added more rules for combat, but maybe I should stop: D
    I started with only three possible actions (attack, use skills, drink potions) and now I got to this ...

(Sorry for the bad English! I will ask someone to check the texts before publishing the game: P)

The trick with variety in commands is to make sure that they are all useful in the game. If you have a bunch of commands, but only a couple are genuinely useful, or are clearly superior to others, then the unused ones shouldn't even be there.

So far it looks like the ones you have are good, although it depends on what "use skill" options there are (if the skill is a better version of a regular command, why would the player choose the regular one), and if the damage/accuracy tradeoff of the offensive actions always favor a particular attack type (e.g. if monsters are easy to hit, it may always be worth doing the extra damage).

edited June 2015

Excellent analysis, thank you @stevej

Consider, however, that the rules are quite complex.

First, not all commands that you see are available for all classes. For example, a rogue can use the "precision attack" but not the "rage attack", as a barbarian can use this second attack style but not the first one.

These attacks and defenses are not skills, so do not use Skill Points. The advantage of the skills is that they are more powerful and they always hit (even the "precision attack" has a maximum rate of success of 90%), but you can use them only as long as you have SP.

Furthermore, to balance the use of every commands, each of them has a different consumption of stamina. For example, a Rage Attack would be very convenient in the example that you used to do (if the enemy is easy to hit) ... but it consumes three times more stamina than a normal attack, then it can become counterproductive if used exclusively.

By stamina depends fatigue, which affects the turn order: even if the combat is 1v1, the sequence is not necessarily "one by one". Indeed, a very fast character that handles well his stamina can attack even 4/5 times in a row. Or you can choose to attack with all your strength trying to kill the opponent before you run out of stamina.

I tried to add more options to suit different types of combat...

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

Fabulous. Simply Fabulous.

UPDATE:
    "Mazes of Karradash" will be available for iOS and Android on July 27 ;)

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@Prisma_Comunicazione
    Looking great! Good luck with it!

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

@NipaDidIt
    thank you!

Screw bat swarms.

ahahah :D

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Congrats, looks fantastic!

thank you ;)
    Someone else tried it? Let me know your opinion :)

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited July 2015

This is a fantastic game. We are having fun at the office playing it. Any plans on bring it to any other platforms (FireTV or Macintosh)?

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

FYI: This game is freakin' amazing. I encourage everyone to give it a shot. Nice work.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    This is a fantastic game. We are having fun at the office playing it. Any plans on bring it to any other platforms (FireTV or Macintosh)?

Thank you :)
    I'm thinking of a version to play with the pad, but currently it's only a vague project, so I don't know if I ever bring Karradash on other platforms :)

A couple of Promo Codes available...someone interested?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited August 2015

Very nice game, I'm really enjoying it!