State of GameSalad on 2-5-2014

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
Don't forget about the roadmap, folks! http://www.gamesalad.com/roadmap

Well, another week is gone. What do we have to report? We have pinched off the 0.11.0 release branch and are finishing up some remaining bugs before publishing the release candidate. We're in the midst of fixing some issues with Apple rejecting apps based on how we use their advertising identifier. We're also turning the crank hard and fast on the new cross-platform Creator.

You may have noticed we released a ton of new features in our nightly build this past week. Pretty cool. Check them out. Yes, all of those have made it into the 0.11.0 release branch.

More news next week!

Comments

• AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69
    Any idea still need take how long to stablize Chartboost & Revmob , so that we can really use both of this service ?
  • GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197
    :D
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    So now that you've punched of 0.11, when do you think it will be live?
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    @Codewizard

When will the actor bugs be fixed still broken in nightly they still act like prototypes on the scene if you add attributes.

if 0.11 is released with them all still intact, then it's just another bug filled release and I'm still stuck in 10.3.

and yes I've submitted bug reports and posted video of issue.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Thanks for that - glad to see you're aware of the advertising/publishing issue and are already on it! :D

So... *twirls his wool seductively with a cloven hoof* ... about those custom fonts :D

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    Thanks for that - glad to see you're aware of the advertising/publishing issue and are already on it! :D

So... *twirls his wool seductively with a cloven hoof* ... about those custom fonts :D

QS =D
    So majestic, I can vividly see this in my mind!
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    Yes !!

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159
    Yes !!

Im so happy for you @Socks
    I know how long you waited for this feature!

Yes !!

I mentioned this yesterday, but I really do like the way you think. ;)
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    And for the ladies, a new kissing feature that turns them into princes. 8->
  • zypp1zypp1 Member Posts: 142
    Can we port our builds from 00.221 nightly to say to the new .11 please please please :)
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Yes !!

This is an important step forward for GS. Well done GS management for listening and implementing this vital new feature.

Just a thought @socks. Perhaps there should be a complimentary twitter function whereby each frog use/upgrade within the game auto posts a twitter message to the political leader of the player's country. The politicians should know what is important to the people.
  • clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    We're in the midst of fixing some issues with Apple rejecting apps based on how we use their advertising identifier.
    Please more news on this when you have it. I was just handed back my app, and have two others that were compiled around the same time, that will likely be rejected as well.

Thanks!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Can we port our builds from 00.221 nightly to say to the new .11 please please please :)
    If that was not the plan GameSalad would litterally be screwing like 90% of thier pro community I think. I only know of a few who purposely don't use the nighties as a stable release.
  • j75j75 Member, PRO Posts: 235
    So... I can't submit an app to Apple with ads in it right now? If so, That sucks. I have 3 waiting for review.
  • vipasanevipasane Member Posts: 34
    I think GS should think to release minor releases which have critical publishing preventing bugs fixed (like False virus scan positives in android and iOS adds bug) more frequently. This would help you to get more pro customers because of the stable product. I would take stable build over long list of new features with unpredictable behavior any day.

@tendrmer I dont know anyone (PRO member) who would dare to use "nightlys" as a production since stable releases are so full of unexpected magic.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

@tendrmer I dont know anyone (PRO member) who would dare to use "nightlys" as a production since stable releases are so full of unexpected magic.
    *waves*

Now you know one at least :)

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246

*waves*

QS =D
    And two :)

*waves*

QS =D
    And two :)
    Annnd three... Oh wait, never mind. :P
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I think GS should think to release minor releases which have critical publishing preventing bugs fixed (like False virus scan positives in android and iOS adds bug) more frequently. This would help you to get more pro customers because of the stable product. I would take stable build over long list of new features with unpredictable behavior any day.

i've used the nightlies for release a few times, but I stopped when the retina graphics broke.
  • zypp1zypp1 Member Posts: 142
    same here as long as you test test test its all good plus its great for you as we report the bugs so they are not there on the stable release.

also its a pain if you can't as even if your not releasing with the nightly after all the hard graft i put in to building my app on it .If i have to start again with the new stable it be (HULK) Time.

GS Rocks
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    Yea I don't use nightlies as a stable release. Not unless I have something that absolutely needs a major fix that is broken in the current stable version (like the Mac publishing issue). Nightlies are way to full of broken pieces for me to find it acceptable to lay it on my customers. I'd rather wait for something that they consider vetted first. ... Even though waiting for months of 'almost there' is constantly hurting my revenue.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    So we admit that there are "Stable Releases" while Nightlys are being bugged out and fixed. Hmmm? Sounds almost to me like Stable releases are just that Stable, Public, Pro membership enabled, Fully advertised and awarded releases. And Nightlys are those things things used to fix and prepare the next version releases of said stable releases. So nightlys are Beta and Public releases are not. ergo....... Next Stable release should be called 1.1.0 or 1.01. Either way it time to move that decimal point back a digit.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    So we admit that there are "Stable Releases" while Nightlys are being bugged out and fixed. Hmmm? Sounds almost to me like Stable releases are just that Stable, Public, Pro membership enabled, Fully advertised and awarded releases. And Nightlys are those things things used to fix and prepare the next version releases of said stable releases. So nightlys are Beta and Public releases are not. ergo....... Next Stable release should be called 1.1.0 or 1.01. Either way it time to move that decimal point back a digit.
    you really want them to come out of beta don't you :)
  • alexanderdoubleualexanderdoubleu Member, PRO Posts: 43
    So is game salad basically useless as far as iOS publishing goes until the new update is released?
  • bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    So is game salad basically useless as far as iOS publishing goes until the new update is released?
    No it is very useful. I have published 2 games with the nightly builds in the past week.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?
  • GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

No it is very useful. I have published 2 games with the nightly builds in the past week.
    I feel really lazy.
  • BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119
    I am still waiting for 2 critical fixes. It can´t be released anything for Mac (API rejections by Apple) and Windows (technical/binary rejections). Try to fix critical issues first, please. After than we can play with non-critical things. Thank you!
  • BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119
    I am not using any nightly builds. I am a paying customer and I have to work with stable versions only. I can´t try to release anything unstable. BTW, Tizen also doesn´t work. My game also has been rejected because of GS bugs. One half of all platforms doesn´t work!! Please stop working on unimportant things and fix the MOST IMPORTANT... PUBLISHING TO THE STORES!!