State of GameSalad on 2-5-2014

13»

Comments

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197
    I think they are doing a bang up job with how many people they have and considering where they started. Yea, they have the final say in priorities, but you're also not the one doing the work to make it happen.

Just saying it's nice to even be heard by a software developer. Having used lots of different software working on animation in school, glitches, bugs, and crashes are expected. There was a reason all the animation students in my class had their projects set to auto save every 2 minutes. Just try going back and using one of the early forms of Maya. *shudders*

Or even the current maya...
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    yep autosave seems like a great idea. so great .. even that idea would take priority over Ad services that fail over and over.
  • CircleBoxStudiosCircleBoxStudios Member Posts: 22
    @CodeWizard

Any chance you can allude to how long till 11.0 will be released? A week, 2 weeks, a month, or longer? If not can you atleast gives us an update on how many bugs you have to squash out?

Without us ever getting informed on an expected time frame for release it makes planning releases impossible. I keep making more and more games and updates just waiting to be submitted. Not to mention when customers ask about those updates I can't even give a time frame because I'm waiting for yours.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    nope but they will be more then happy to tell you how they are gonna bend over backwards for tizen and ad services.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    nope but they will be more then happy to tell you how they are gonna bend over backwards for tizen and ad services.
    Gee I wonder why people get on your case? It wouldn't be because of snarky remarks that server no purpose other than to make yourself feel better would it? Time to let it go me thinks.
  • liuxzliuxz Member, PRO Posts: 51
    I'm a Professional Edition users.

I did not add any advertising and services.

But my application was rejected last night.
    It took me a lot of time. May I ask how is it?
    You probably how long it takes to fix this bug?
    I am very anxious.
    Apple rejected the following reasons:
    Reasons

Program License Agreement
    PLA 3.3.12

We found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

Please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager
    selector: advertisingIdentifier
    framework: AdSupport.framework

If you are planning to incorporate ads in a future version, please remove the Advertising Identifier from your app until you have included ad functionality.

To help locate the Advertising Identifier, use the “nm” tool. For information on the “nm” tool, open a terminal window and enter, “man nm.”

If you do not have access to the libraries' source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using the "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool lists the methods that the library calls, and "otool -ov" will list the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.
    I'm a Professional Edition users.

I did not add any advertising and services.

But my application was rejected last night.
    It took me a lot of time. May I ask how is it?
    You probably how long it takes to fix this bug?
    I am very anxious.
    Apple rejected the following reasons:
    Reasons

Program License Agreement
    PLA 3.3.12

We found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

Please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager
    selector: advertisingIdentifier
    framework: AdSupport.framework

If you are planning to incorporate ads in a future version, please remove the Advertising Identifier from your app until you have included ad functionality.

To help locate the Advertising Identifier, use the “nm” tool. For information on the “nm” tool, open a terminal window and enter, “man nm.”

If you do not have access to the libraries' source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using the "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool lists the methods that the library calls, and "otool -ov" will list the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.
    The first problem to solve it, is not a little the other way?
    I presume English is not your first language as your statement makes little sense. But you've posted in the thread (twice for some reason) an issue that was already explained in the first post.

"We're in the midst of fixing some issues with Apple rejecting apps based on how we use their advertising identifier."

There is an issue and a fix is coming what more can be explained?
    Thanks.
    I presume English is not your first language as your statement makes little sense. But you've posted in the thread (twice for some reason) an issue that was already explained in the first post.

"We're in the midst of fixing some issues with Apple rejecting apps based on how we use their advertising identifier."

There is an issue and a fix is coming what more can be explained?
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    SingleSparq yes, you have to manually go through all the images and change them to whole number. if you are doing retina or universal build that scales down, you would make sure it's multiple of 2 as well.
    SingleSparq yes, you have to manually go through all the images and change them to whole number. if you are doing retina or universal build that scales down, you would make sure it's multiple of 2 as well.
    No that's not the issue - what was said was about the image position not being on a whole number that caused blurriness. My images are x2 divisible by 4.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited February 2014
    SingleSparq yes, you have to manually go through all the actors and change them to whole number.
    If you have lots of actors you need to position on a whole pixel value, you can make a change attribute behaviour like this . . .

Change self.position x to floor(self.position x)
    Change self.position y to floor(self.position y)

. . . and paste it into the rules for each actor.
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    edited February 2014
    nvm. it'll take forever to explain =)
  • JDuaneJJDuaneJ San Francisco Member Posts: 300
    edited February 2014
    @CodeWizard Why oh why isn't a, post to Facebook, on the roadmap?! Hmmm let's see, rotating text...or posting to a social network with 600+ million people? Naw rotating text is far more important. HELLOOOO. lol :))