State of GameSalad on 2-27-2014

Comments

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621
    So correct me if Im wrong, but a release candidate, for 0.11.0 is suppose to release tonight? Or tomorrow?
    what are you talking about? where did you get such information? I need answers!!!

But, he did not say which Monday / Tuesday.... HAHAHAHAaaaa!
  • freshworksplayfreshworksplay Member, PRO Posts: 67
    @CodeWizard‌

Check these lovely words by GS a couple of days ago!!!

"I also need to apologize for not having a stronger presence on the forums. I'm neck deep in my management work and a full-time coding load. I'll do my best to increase my presence here and will definitely ensure my weekly posts are more detailed than they have been as of late."

There was indeed somewhere a post that i would be possibly Tuesday for this release. But if they don't communicate with there community friends (WE ALL) there become's rumour.

Really hope the communication and commitment to the community will improve else i fear for the survival GS...
  • freshworksplayfreshworksplay Member, PRO Posts: 67
    One more point to note as well. 0.11.0 will be the first build that uses our new "Release Candidate" system. A release candidate is like a nightly build that's open to everyone for review. We'll let that get some attention and fixes before calling it stable.

Current ETA for the first release candidate is Monday / Tuesday.
    Just a Quote from this topic!
    edited March 2014
    Maybe next Monday / Tuesday.... But I am sure Wednesday's update will clear that up.... =))
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    edited March 2014
    Don't worry too much about it guys - it comes out when it comes out.
    - Thomas
    edited March 2014
    ...And I'm not longer Pro... wish I would've known.
    Do I renew? Do I not renew? @-)
    - Thomas
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @SnapFireStudios‌ if the updates are what determines if you should renew then would the best advice be to wait till the update to renew? I never understand this drive to buy pro because of whats coming. if pro has what you need now then buy it. If not then why the heck would you not wait?
    edited March 2014
    @SnapFireStudios‌ if the updates are what determines if you should renew then would the best advice be to wait till the update to renew? I never understand this drive to buy pro because of whats coming. if pro has what you need now then buy it. If not then why the heck would you not wait?
    @tenrdrmer People might go ahead and renew because they want to keep their (currently hard to get) ad revenue. As for me, I'm not planning on it, and agree with your comment.
    - Thomas
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    So dam waiting for the update ... Currently our game is going very very well on Android. Happy for the gamers to play for free without any ads. But bad for us... Do I still have hope? Yes. But well I am bit shocked how bad currently the communication from GS works. No answers to emails, tickets and on important questions in the forum. Lets hope the reason is they are very busy finishing the release. And nothing more bad.
  • AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69
    So dam waiting for the update ... Currently our game is going very very well on Android. Happy for the gamers to play for free without any ads. But bad for us... Do I still have hope? Yes. But well I am bit shocked how bad currently the communication from GS works. No answers to emails, tickets and on important questions in the forum. Lets hope the reason is they are very busy finishing the release. And nothing more bad.
    yes, same feeling
  • Ij10281Ij10281 Member Posts: 35
    I know some may not like this comment. I talked to support and I just don't understand why Mac nightly has android has ads yet Windows does not. Now I do understand that nighties are not to use for publishing, but as a Windows user I deserve the same service if I'm paying the same as a Mac are. I also was told in the email thats a 10.5 would be released for windows around the release of .11 for Mac. I know some may disagree, but that just my opinion...
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    I know some may not like this comment. I talked to support and I just don't understand why Mac nightly has android has ads yet Windows does not. Now I do understand that nighties are not to use for publishing, but as a Windows user I deserve the same service if I'm paying the same as a Mac are. I also was told in the email thats a 10.5 would be released for windows around the release of .11 for Mac. I know some may disagree, but that just my opinion...
    I would not disagree, when you pay you have the same rights than any one else. In my opinion it was the big failure to offer the Windows client. They should have focus on the Mac client first and build it to a stable release. Than no one had to complain.
    Monday and Tuesday have came and went this week, so with a little luck @CodeWizard‌ was talking about next Monday or Tuesday..... =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • evertevert Member Posts: 266
    Monday and Tuesday have came and went this week, so with a little luck @CodeWizard‌ was talking about next Monday or Tuesday..... =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
    So its possible 0.11 comes next week? :)

• BenMakesGamesBenMakesGames Member Posts: 85
    I think we have all felt close to finishing a projected an missed out target, sometimes days have turned in to weeks and code once running perfectly has collapsed.

For those making fun, you may be amused. But for those working hard to make 0.11 possible, you come off as ungrateful.

Ive said it many a time before, constructive criticism and support builds a community. Without Gamesalad, many of your ideas and visions would not come to life.

Take a moment to appreciate the people who work hard for you, support them as they cross the finish line and show your gratitude.
    I think we have all felt close to finishing a projected an missed out target, sometimes days have turned in to weeks and code once running perfectly has collapsed.

For those making fun, you may be amused. But for those working hard to make 0.11 possible, you come off as ungrateful.

Ive said it many a time before, constructive criticism and support builds a community. Without Gamesalad, many of your ideas and visions would not come to life.

Take a moment to appreciate the people who work hard for you, support them as they cross the finish line and show your gratitude.

Well put Ben!

Unless you were talking to me.... LOL

GS has never been more than fun to me, as I am a developer/animator... I use GS to pull me away from the real coding for others and just get back to having fun. If you check every game from "Wboko" is free and without ads.

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308
  • Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    @Clock,

I think you may have anger issues [-X

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

Also noticed, you are not "Pro" .... Hmmm, guess it is easier to tell "Pro" users they should just chill.... When are you going to join the "Pro" team and support the GS team like some of us others?
  • wrhmediawrhmedia Member Posts: 70
    I think I may have jumped into pro a little to soon with GameSalad as I see that it is well behind some of the others. With the addition of Revmob and Chartboost still yet to be release in the new version and other additions like push notification which seems to be far away from being implemented I may be moving on to other options.

One of the Concerns is RevMob itself as it has seen better days with forums recently getting hit hard with developers complaining on huge earnings drops as high as 90%.

So its great that Having this option available but the bad side of it is if developers are stuck with such limited options and it seems that RevMob is not what it once was (Developers are jumping ship), are users of GameSalad going to lose revenue while updates fall way behind and monetization issues like the ones we see with Mobclix happen.

Its nice that a back up would be Chartboost but I am starting to think that investing time and money in GameSalad may be something that would be better to revisit in the future but the downside is that other options could be worth sticking with long term and the other options available is what I would spend my time and money on.

Just my thoughts.
  • codybeanscodybeans Member, PRO Posts: 74
    Went pro full well knowing the problems going on thanks to quick answers from the forums here but just remember a lot of you are mac users. You're the front line of receiving fixes.
    I on the other hand am a windows creator user and the outlook for a few things seems miles away. But I tried java, as far as making games. Go you to all who can but I will never be joining that group of beautiful minds ha.
    So let's wait this out. I mean I want superbad to be able to monetize and one day I will. But come on, I've started work on the very games I wanted when I was just a wee lad! That's awesome
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    Go you to all who can but I will never be joining that group of beautiful minds ha.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Mac-Mini-Desktop-/321335302241?pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Desktops_CV&hash=item4ad1139861
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @wrhmedia‌

My revenue with Revmob has dropped by about 50%. That started happening shortly after the new year. This isn't a surprise though as all my ad networks dropped by 50% or more after the holidays. That is generally what happens and is a trend I have seen every year. The first quarter of the year has generally been the lowest for ad revenue and the fourth quarter the highest. This is often times because companies spend loads on advertising for the holidays and when they reach the new year they tighten up their pocketbooks for a while. Revmob did drop quite a bit, but as of late it has been recovering as expected. Luckily with the next update we won't just have Revmob, but Chartboost too. A nice combination of those could keep your revenue up.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    edited March 2014
    @wrhmedia‌

My revenue with Revmob has dropped by about 50%. That started happening shortly after the new year. This isn't a surprise though as all my ad networks dropped by 50% or more after the holidays. That is generally what happens and is a trend I have seen every year. The first quarter of the year has generally been the lowest for ad revenue and the fourth quarter the highest. This is often times because companies spend loads on advertising for the holidays and when they reach the new year they tighten up their pocketbooks for a while. Revmob did drop quite a bit, but as of late it has been recovering as expected. Luckily with the next update we won't just have Revmob, but Chartboost too. A nice combination of those could keep your revenue up.
    Cause all the impressions are being taken by flappy bird clones! :D
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    I was talking about this Monday / Tuesday. But it looks more like today. Bugs will be bugs folks! :D

I'll post another detailed update tonight. Until then, I'm back in the code hole.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    And what's up with Tizen/app bake pro
    I was talking about this Monday / Tuesday. But it looks more like today. Bugs will be bugs folks! :D

I'll post another detailed update tonight. Until then, I'm back in the code hole.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Looking forward to seeing the update, @CodeWizard‌! Keep up the great work!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I would not disagree, when you pay you have the same rights than any one else. In my opinion it was the big failure to offer the Windows client. They should have focus on the Mac client first and build it to a stable release. Than no one had to complain.
    Actually guys when windows was launched the announced it would likely always be an update or two behind Mac. And yes if there was no windows creator people would just bitch that Mac sucks and GameSalad was ruining their dreams by not offering a windows creator. Know how I know. Because that exactly how it was before GameSalad had a windows creator. They are working on bringing them in line with each other but your going to have to wait till they get it done. Sorry but that's just how it is. GameSalad was a max only software they tried to include widows users and they will improve in the future.
  • BenMakesGamesBenMakesGames Member Posts: 85

Also noticed, you are not "Pro" .... Hmmm, guess it is easier to tell "Pro" users they should just chill.... When are you going to join the "Pro" team and support the GS team like some of us others?
    Fair call, I intend to go pro in the coming months when time for development becomes more available.

I made the mistake a few years ago of paying for an apple account well before I had time to use it and for the most part it went unused for 5-6 months. I dont want to make that mistake again.