Release Candidate 0.11.0.3 is available!

Comments

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

I've always liked the simplicity of PNGs…it sounds like PNG is still supported they just have to be 32bit.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I agree with @socks fix the problem with the link between the prototype and on scene actors. It's been a problem for several nightly builds now.

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

@lycettebros said:
    I've always liked the simplicity of PNGs…it sounds like PNG is still supported they just have to be 32bit.

In 11.03 8bit works fine and png compressed with tinypng works fine for me.

@imGua said:
    In 11.03 8bit works fine and png compressed with tinypng works fine for me.

I think they are saying it is coming to an end…it will not remain supported.

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited April 2014

@lycettebros said:
    I think they are saying it is coming to an end…it will not remain supported.

GS team messages sometimes are so vague and cryptic :(

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

thanks :) sometimes my images would just delete and it was very annoying

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    edited April 2014

@BlackCloakGS - Will projects developed in these nightly builds be compatible with the next stable release? Can we just switch over when the stable version is released?

Edit: oops, wrong thread

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37

As far as pngs, jpgs, gifs etc, there will be many game salad newbies that want game salad to be as simple as possible - and that's your niche. Requiring certain image types is another thing they'll have to figure out - I wonder if game salad could just take the image and convert it when you add it to the game? Then they can use whatever file type they think will make the game a little quicker without us having to worry.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited April 2014

@Daveinpublic GameSalad Creator will still converting image types for you. If you want to us a jpgs (for example) you can import that into GameSalad Creator and it will convert it to PNG that process has not and will not changed. The only thing that we are changing is what the engine will load. For most people our changes will not effect their art pipe line. The next RC will have better support for png (which creator does not convert).

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Daveinpublic GameSalad Creator will still converting image types for you. If you want to us a jpgs (for example) you can import that into GameSalad Creator and it will convert it to PNG that process has not and will not changed. The only thing that we are changing is what the engine will load. For most people our changes will not effect their art pipe line. The next RC will have better support for png (which creator does not convert).

I am so confused.

• MarsStudiosMarsStudios Member, PRO Posts: 40

When you add a game to Revmobs it shows the Ad units in play as Banner,Fullscreen,Link,Popup. My question is why do we only have the option to use the full screen ad when Revmobs supports all 4 types of adverts?

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203
    edited April 2014

I've noticed something with two of my games on Android. I've noticed it in all the recent versions and don't know if it's always been like this.

If you start a game and exit by using the home button (using both Samasung Galaxy S2 and S4), wait a while a open the game again, looks fine. Then press the back button that would usually also exit the game, it sometimes reverts to the last "state" or instance of the same game. If I've opened the game a few times over the day I can press the back button and it will load the scene in the state that I played it the last time, press it again and it will load another older instance and you can go on and on untill (after loading different scenes in different states depending on how many times you've opened the game) it will exit. Sometimes the music will keep playing after the last "back button instance" has been loaded.

Sometimes this will happen and other times it will resume the game from where I last left off. It seems to be worse the more time passes between plays.

Also if anyone knows, is the audio delay issue on Android as good as it will get?

edited April 2014

@imGua said:
    GS team messages sometimes are so vague and cryptic :(

Methinks they are coders before communicators.
    I mean that partly in jest of course. Coders can be excellent communicators but this may be a symptom of GS not having a dedicated PR manager or some such.

One person who massages the frustrated masses and stops them from consistently running to the barricades! ;)

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

@BBEnk thanks for sharing. That makes me a little better about what's going on for now. I hope I can say the same whenever I decide to make the jump to 0.11 .

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• liuxzliuxz Member, PRO Posts: 51

Why not support admob?

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

Just tested Revmob in this version. I can't show ad when changing the scene? No ad banner? The only ad i seem is at the beginning of the game. Is there other options for showing the ad?

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited April 2014

@Clock
    Yes because there is a 60 sec of delay between the ads:

"With regards to revmob and chartboost you have to wait 60 seconds between ads.
    If you try to display an ad sooner than 60 seconds it will not show the ad. This applies to all interstitial ads and all providers."

• AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69

@pinkio75 said:
    Clock
    Yes because there is a 60 sec of delay between the ads:

"With regards to revmob and chartboost you have to wait 60 seconds between ads.
    If you try to display an ad sooner than 60 seconds it will not show the ad. This applies to all interstitial ads and all providers."

Don't know why GS set this limit.No any help for the developer...

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

@AlvinF said:

I agree. Unless there is a technical benefit (ie. performance or memory), I don't think GS should be imposing these kinds of "safe guards". Not that I disagree... shouldn't be inundating the user with ads, but that should be up to the developer.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

So do we need to replace all our compressed PNGs right now (when using build 0.11.0.3) or not???
    Gamesalad seem to be saying yes (i think???), people here say no.
    I'm getting really tired of the lack of clear info...

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

There is a problem with audio. I replaced an audio file (wav) and it works fine in the viewer but the audio was not played in an Android adhoc. I then deleted all the audio files in the creator since I had to edit many of the files (so they would loop properly) and did not want to risk this happening again. I imported the new files with new names and fixed the "play audio" behaviors to point to the new files. Everything worked as expected in the viewer but now everytime the audio is meant to play in the adhoc, it crashes the app. Everytime. This is weird and horrible. Please asamble everyone, drop everything and fix :expressionless:

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    edited April 2014

@AlvinF said:

Actually that limit is more of a blessing than a curse. If you were showing ads more than every 60 seconds people would uninstall your game extremely quick. Furthermore, your ad revenue would plummet, not just from people leaving your game, but because your click through rate would be horrifically low with frequent ads. Thus you would earn less money anyways. The smart thing to do would be to set those ads to pop up every other or so game over for a short game. Or at every other or so break within a longer game. This limitation is protecting both your user base and revenue, whether you realize it or not.

@FallacyStudios said:
    Actually that limit is more of a blessing than a curse. If you were showing ads more than every 60 seconds people would uninstall your game extremely quick. Furthermore, your ad revenue would plummet, not just from people leaving your game, but because your click through rate would be horrifically low with frequent ads. Thus you would earn less money anyways. The smart thing to do would be to set those ads to pop up every other or so game over for a short game. Or at every other or so break within a longer game. This limitation is protecting both your user base and revenue, whether you realize it or not.

I think developer can decide what they want, whether the ads show less then 60 seconds or not.

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

The white screen on animations was not fixed it still appear
    i preload the images and it still appear..
    the rule is very simple 'when you collide - spawn actor'
    what i did wrong?

edited April 2014

@AlvinF said:
    I think developer can decide what they want, whether the ads show less then 60 seconds or not.

For all we know it is a limitation of the game engine anyways. Even if not, you wouldn't get to decide. If you were serving ads more than once every 60 seconds, Revmob would stop serving ads to your game within those time frames. I know this for a fact with my own hard coded apps. My Revmob ads don't show everytime they should because Revmob's system is likely regulating when it receives ad calls too frequently. Keep in mind this is on a semi popular app. If most your apps receive low volume traffic their system generally begins serving ads far less frequently. You ultimately end up with extremely high requests and extremely low impressions.

I understand what your issue is, but some of you really need to learn to pick your battles. Which is worse, having ads that serve no more than once every 60 seconds, or no ads at all? To b*tch and moan about being limited to 60 seconds is pointless. If GS hadn't limited your ad calls (if they even did it on purpose), it would have been limited by Revmob anyways. Even if you do call it every 60 seconds, Revmob will still likely limit the number of impressions you get. The only way Revmob wouldn't limit the ads served is if your ads were getting very high click through rates. I can assure you, serving ads more than every 60 seconds won't result in high CTR. Just a lot of uninstalls.

@FallacyStudios said:
    I understand what your issue is, but some of you really need to learn to pick your battles. Which is worse, having ads that serve no more than once every 60 seconds, or no ads at all? To b*tch and moan about being limited to 60 seconds is pointless. If GS hadn't limited your ad calls (if they even did it on purpose), it would have been limited by Revmob anyways. Even if you do call it every 60 seconds, Revmob will still likely limit the number of impressions you get. The only way Revmob wouldn't limit the ads served is if your ads were getting very high click through rates. I can assure you, serving ads more than every 60 seconds won't result in high CTR. Just a lot of uninstalls.

If chartboost for start up & revmob for interstitial, i think is better. But GS answered me that "Our dev team confirms, Chartboost and RevMob cannot be run in the same app simultaneously. This is the expected behavior. You need to pick one network per app and stick with it for both services (startup and interstitial)"

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited April 2014

I say only that they are malfunctioning, they don't generate revenues,

i've used ChartBoost and after 486 installs i've earned only 0,22$...

@AlvinF That is entirely separate from what we were discussing before, but that is fine. I agree that I too would like to use both those ad networks simultaneously. It is preferred, but I can handle atleast having one. It seems to be more important an issue than the 60 seconds. So pick the issue you want to focus on and bring that one to their attention. If you spread across 15 different complaints, you will likely just be ignored as a complainer and none of your issues will get attention. If you push enough maybe their next update will allow use of multiple.

@pinkio75 Having 486 installs doesn't mean all 486 play it all the time. Frequently people download a game try it for a few minutes and uninstall if it isn't what they want. Ad revenue requires a constant user base using the game and interacting with ads in order to earn decent revenue.

• MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090

I don't know if my png files are the correct format, How can i know if they are 32 bit?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

I agree again with Socks. Even a closed thread which just lists what issues the GS team is aware of would be better than nothing. It would also prevent us from using "features" that have issues ensuring that whatever we publish is functional for the users.