Public Bug Database (Updated 5/1/2014)

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Socks said:
    Just your regular everyday RC 10.0.10 . . . . . just loaded in a 400 frame animation sequence, worked just fine, maybe time to do the obvious stuff, throw your RC in the bin, restart, re-download and all that stuff . . . ?

Must have just been that project or something. Works on others and after I closed the program it worked on the project it was having trouble with. Odd. Oh well!

Scratch that. This may be related -- when I replace an image, Creator will freeze and I will be forced to quit it. It doesn't happen all of the time, but that's twice in an hour.

• sickpillowsickpillow Member Posts: 4

Hi Gamesalad team!
    Apple has been rejecting my games because it freezes on the splash screen...
    I have been using the nightly build (I know, I know I shouldn't) but I really need the stretch feature and I used to submit games with absolutely no trouble at all...
    The weird thing is that the splash screen freezes on iPad only!!

2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

After launch, the app's splash screen is displayed indefinitely. The user is unable to access the app's content.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    • screenshots
    • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow as described in https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764/Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce a crash or bug that only App Review or users are seeing.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

Hi,

i am using version *****0.10.4.1 beta *****not that "Rc build" but my app was rejected for the Reason

2.1: Apps that crash will be rejected 2.1

We found that your app crashed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app crashed when we:

Launch the app

Enter Apple ID information

App displays loading screen

App crashes

is this issue related to your fixes or not ?

"Fixed iOS In-App Purchases returning an error on production for live apps"

• natedawgghnatedawggh Member, PRO Posts: 34

Seems to be handling images incorrectly at times but not always...importing a png made in photoshop appears with a halo (shown on right) importing the same image in last stable release does not (left)

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited April 2014

I just tried Chartboost in an Android app. Can't get it to show ads. I have it setup according to the instructions here : https://help.gamesalad.com/hc/en-us/articles/203082587-7-7-Setting-up-Chartboost-in-your-GameSalad-game

Chartboost actually shows my install. I just don't see any ads. It pauses for a second, and then just continues. I tried it with two separate apps and the same thing occurs. This is in .11.0.11.

Edit : Is it possible there is no ad available from Chartboost? What does that look like?

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

Ok, not sure what the deal was but I tried it again in another app and .11.13 and it's working in Android for me. I'll redo the first app in .11.13 and see if that does it.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited May 2014

Version: 0.11.0.13

Bug: After renaming a table and then opening it, the wrong table is displayed.

Expected behaviour: Rename a table, double click to open it - the currently selected table should be opened.

Actual behavour: If the renamed table shifts the table's place in the list of tables, the wrong table will be opened.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new project.
    2. Add two tables.
    3. Rename "Table 1" to "B".
    4. Rename "Table 2" to "A".
    5. Double click on the currently selected table, "A".

Result: Table "B" is opened.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited May 2014

In addition to @Armelline I have experienced this and in my case it was because when I changed the name it shifted position in the order and this doesn't shift until I click on it to open it. If it updated its position as soon as its name is changed or after it is opened that would improve things.

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

How do we report bugs these days? I can't find the usual spot in Support to report a bug.

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    edited May 2014

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Hymloe said:
    How do we report bugs these days? I can't find the usual spot in Support to report a bug.

if you are logged in and go here:
    http://gamesalad.com/pro-support

they mention the public database is coming, I'm guess the old method was pulled down while they get the new one online.

I want to expand on @Armelline's bug. This also happens if you create a second (or third, or forth...etc) table, it shows up first in the list, but when you click on it, it opened the original first table. if you click back the new table is placed in the list (randomly?) and clicking on it opens the right table.

I want to say that I believe they fixed that table naming issue in the nightly build, so it should be an easy fix...

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

Chartboost interstitial affects timers

I have simple scenes in my app, where text should be displayed after 1 second after scene is loaded. Usually before those scenes I display Chartboost interstitial. I've noticed that the amount of time it took me to close interstitial banner, affect's timer that should display text.

Example: I've seen Chartboost interstitial and closed it in couple of seconds. In this case my text that should be visible in 1 second will be visible in 5 sec. (which is already more than it should be).

But if a close that banner after 1 minute, I will have to wait for more than a minute to see that text.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2014

• patoghpatogh Member Posts: 23

Bug with GameCircle with old version.

If you use Release 0.11.0.13 and open a Old project (EXP. Ver. 0.10.4.1) then Amazon Gamecircle not logging in. that means if you want make new update for your game in amazon with 0.11.0.13 game circle don't working .
    amazon game circle work perfect just with new project what created A-Z with 0.11.0.13.

• mikudmikud Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2014

Just tried to delete this comment.

• arch.kareem.heshamarch.kareem.hesham Member Posts: 15

Mobile antivirus considers my app as a virus
    and when i scanned it with nod32 it gives me that it contains a virus called Revmob :sweat_smile:

My app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Kareeminc.ElMs7rate

• natedawgghnatedawggh Member, PRO Posts: 34

11.0.13 generated apps getting rejected in iTunes Store! When in-game purchase attempts are made, the busy wheel spins and fails to do anything after. Both versions of my app got this same rejection notice, from consumable purchase items, of which the set-up on my end was without error.

• xJadonxxJadonx Member, PRO Posts: 46

I have a problem where the particle system doesn't transition to a transparency of 0%.

• puke74puke74 Member Posts: 6

In-App purchase rejection bug?

:'( More people having the same issue?

Where is the in-app purchase bug in the list? My game is rejected due to some kind of bug and I have also seen that others have the same problem too. App-purchases works for me in Adhoc mode using my test users created in iTunes Connect but the Apple reviewer gets an error:

(Perhaps there is a compability error with iOS 7.1.1 which I recently installed? But it still works Adhoc)

See https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/68218/help-the-fourth-times-rejected-2-2-apps-that-exhibit-bugs-will-be-rejected

Reviewer text:

Reasons
    2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we were unable to download the In-App Purchase product.

The steps to reproduce are:
    1. Tap any available In-App Purchase product
    2. Sign into iTunes account and tap 'Buy'
    3. A loading dial appears for an indefinite amount of time

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    • screenshots
    • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow as described in https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764

Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce a crash or bug that only App Review or users are seeing.

• Aram SurchyAram Surchy Member, PRO Posts: 78

My game got rejected to and twise! so yes Im as you guys having the same issue and I hope we can fix it soon because its really starting to be annoying...

2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected 2.2

We found that your app still exhibited bugs, when reviewed on iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we found that your app still freezes during gameplay.

The steps to reproduce are: 1. Open app and tap to begin game 2. Tap to move the ball 3. Screen freezes but music continues to play 4. Tap around the frozen screen, but no action takes place

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow as described in https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764/Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce a crash or bug that only App Review or users are seeing.

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

In my app when player loses and more than 200 points earned I display chartboost interstitial using pause scene behavior. This pause scene is set to unpause itself after 0.5 seconds. This method works fine on my OUYA, iPhone and iPad, but on HTC sensation XE it seems that game stays in pause state. Same thing happens on Lenovo A 706.

Video:

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

I have encountered a bug that is pretty significant, atleast for me. It appears to stem from Tables ( I believe). It works just as it should on the Creator, but once exported to a device it is entirely broken. I have sent a ticket, but I am unsure as to whether you received the .zip. It kept claiming there were errors, that it timed out. I hope you guys are able to look into it. Thanks

• hrsmediahrsmedia Member Posts: 522

I noticed if you use a 'display text' and click the expression editor first, then any plain text you type will just display "Hello World!".

Any expression you use will still display correctly, but if you just want plain text and you click the expression editor first you will have to put the text between speech marks like "TEST". Or you have to create a new display text and not click the expression editor.

I don't think it was like this before, right? Is it a bug or a feature?

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@hrsmedia you can click on "remove expression" when the Expression Editor is open. When you close it you can then type in the box as before.

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307

Windows Creator - latest build.

• Trying to interpolate Play Music attribute to fade in/out simply does not work. Only Play Sound will fade in/out.
    edited May 2014

The Leaky Interpolate bug.

Using a change attribute behaviour after an interpolate has arrived at its target value - where both the interpolate and change attribute are operating on the same attribute - results in the change attribute value being overridden by the interpolate's target value . . . . or in plain English the change attribute fires only momentarily and then the attribute jumps back to the interpolate's target value.

Expected result: The change attribute should change the value it is operating on.

Actual result: The change attribute is overridden by the interpolate's target value.

Steps to reproduce: Set up the following . . .

White square 100 x 100 pixel default actor.

Interpolate width to 300

Rule, when width = 300, change attribute width to 100.

Notes: works fine in 0.9.0 - it's only from 10.0.4 onwards that the bug appears.

Discussion of the bug here:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/68940/change-attribute-bug#latest

. . .

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@CodeWizard‌ @BlackCloakGS @ForumNinja From 1 and half month ( 45 days )Another week passing no updates no fixes for IAP rejections from Apple :(

edited May 2014

@CodeWizard‌ @BlackCloakGS

A note on the bug outlined above (The Leaky Interpolate bug).

This bug only effects situations where you attempt to change an attribute that has just been interpolated.

So it's fine to interpolate the size of an actor, and then change the colour of the same actor.

But attempting to interpolate the colour, then changing the colour . . . or interpolating the size, then changing the size . . . . will both fail.

This discussion has been closed.