Public Bug Database (Updated 5/1/2014)

124»

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2014

@Hymloe said:
    Agree, although this thread MAY work, without any real feedback, it has a feeling of futility and ineffectualness about it.

Yep, for me this was always the main issue with the bug reporting system, you'd write up detailed bug reports, including videos, example files, screenshots and so on, you'd send them via the official channels and . . . . . . nothing . . . . silence, no feedback whatsoever, zero communication, not even an acknowledgement that your bug report had been received, you'd wait for a few weeks or months, an update would arrive, your bug would still be there, so you'd shoot off another report, same deal, no feedback/communication, wait a few months, new update, bug still present, shoot off the same bug report again . . . rinse and repeat for a few years and you - unsurprisingly - give up reporting bugs, so it's a pity to see this, the Public Bug Database, drift in the same direction of being another bug reporting channel with zero feedback, the whole point of making it public was to get feedback - of course GS staff can't spend all day on the forums, but even the occasional 'Hmmmm, that looks odd, it seems to be a problem with the graphics engine' would be more than enough, at least there would be a sense that someone, somewhere is listening !

As it is, I'm not sure how this differs from the old system ?

edited July 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌

Accelerate Towards Device.Mouse Bug

The Accelerate Towards behaviour will not run at game start when asked to accelerate towards the mouse position . . . . as a fix you need to delay the behaviour by a small amount (e.g. using a timer) to be able to use it - this issue was not present in 0.10.04.

Version: 0.11.0.13

Bug: The Accelerate Toward behaviour when asked to accelerate towards the mouse position will fail to run at game start.

Expected behaviour: The actor containing the Accelerate Towards behaviour should start to move towards the mouse position when the game starts.

Actual behavour: The actor remains stationary.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new actor.
    2. Add the Accelerate Towards behaviour.
    3. Change the target X to mouse.x
    4. Change the target Y to mouse.y
    5. Hit 'Preview'.

Result: The actor remains stationary.

Like I say, works just fine in 0.10.04.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Just updated Windows Creator from 10.4 to 10.5 and my game is know broken. I am trying to pinpoint the exact point of failure but this is the basic problem:

I have a spawn actor which randomly grabs words from an entire table of about 1000 words and displays them as display text actors. When it comes to displaying the words they are scrolling through loads of words instead of just fixing on one and displaying one each. My gut feeling is that one of the change attribute behaviours has been corrupted somewhere along the line. Sorry I can't be more specific but I'm working on it and will post again if I can figure out exactly what's happening. Just wondered if anyone else had anything similar?

• IMakeGamesLikeThisIMakeGamesLikeThis Beaverton, OregonMember Posts: 64
    edited July 2014

@Hymloe said:
    Agree, although this thread MAY work, without any real feedback, it has a feeling of futility and ineffectualness about it.

I agree, it seems pointless. I remember on Gaiaonline (a social networking site I was on years ago) I was hacked and I reported it... after 5 attempts saying the same thing they finally got back to me saying that the email I gave them wasn't registered to any account. I replied "Well, maybe this hacker is smart and changed my email and password". I haven't heard anything since and that was 4 years ago. I gave up 5 years ago... The only GS staff that actually does keep up-to-date on bug reporting is BlackCloak. I like him for being at the ready when you need him. I do wonder if he has a life, it seems like he's always on the forums...

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited July 2014

@IMakeGamesLikeThis Thank you for the kind words.

edited July 2014

Found another couple of bugs related to the Accelerate Towards Device.Mouse Bug mentioned above (at least I think they are related in that they fail to run on game start).

Let me know if you want me to post up an example - but I suspect if the underlying cause of the bug above is addressed all related bugs will be addressed too (like I say, a lot of guess work on my part here, I could be completely wrong and the issues are unconnected).

• IMakeGamesLikeThisIMakeGamesLikeThis Beaverton, OregonMember Posts: 64
    edited July 2014

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Thank you for the kind words.

Yup. You just further proved my point by responding to my comment that you didn't have to respond to. : )

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@BlackCloakGS‌ I submitted a bug report #6327 on the 7th of July and still haven't received a reply and it is now causing problems in another game. Can you find out what is happening with it an let me know where it is at?

Same for #6262 submitted on the 1st of July, thanks.

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

I'd love to hear an official statement about whether future versions of Game Salad will see marked memory reductions.

My game is crashing every few minutes on my iPad 2, which is my target minimum specification for my game, making it un-usable. And I don't see any memory reductions coming in the future, seeing it's been this way for quite some time.

I'm going to be stuck with version 10.4, which has issues of it's own, unless there are solutions to my problem coming down the pipe.

Makes me wonder what my last year of Pro membership has really done for me.

edited July 2014

@colander #6327 is CS-356 our bug data base and is in our back log to fix

#6262 CS-361 in our list to fix for 0.12.0

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@BlackCloakGS thanks for that. I notice they are not in the bug list and I know you are all busy but can someone list them so others can see them.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited August 2014

padInt does not calculate the same on Creator and in Adhoc on device

padInt behaves as expected on Creator - delivering the integer part of a number, with appropriate padding.

On the device however, rounding occurs before converting to integer and padding.

Example:

padInt(3/4,1)

• delivers 0 on Creator (correct)
    • delivers 1 on Device (incorrect)

The Creator behavior is correct, at least as expected as padInt is the only way to get the integer part of a number without rounding.

Round and RoundTo are the counterpart with rounding.

@BlackCloakGS‌ How does one look up a specific bug in the bugbase?

I tried searching for CS-356 and just 356, but neither search showed up anything.

The bug base looks promising, but I can't really figure out how to use the web interface to find or browse bugs.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@BlackCloakGS‌ I can't figure out how to use the Bug Database either. We know there is a problem deleting images from the Library: the wrong ones get deleted.

If I do a Search on the Bug Database for "library", "library delete image" , "library delete images" , "delete image" , or any variations of those words, there a no results?

edited August 2014

Another user suggested that I go like this, and it at least showed me a list of open bugs...

Click "Bugs Home" then "Search" and type nothing into the search box, and click Search. (You can select whether to see Open, Closed, or All bugs).

That should deposit you at this page...
    Show All Open Bugs

@Hymloe Brilliant, thank you. Can you believe it? Only 10 bugs listed, that's great to know. Now someone needs to write instructions for everyone on how to use the Bug Database.

First the public bug data base has not officially launched it is only open to Pro uses right now. Second we have not imported all of the old bugs into it yet. We will have instructions once we launch.

@BlackCloakGS‌ Well, that explains that, thanks. I guess we are getting over anxious. I know you are busy. Sorry if our little dialogues back and forth trying to figure out stuff create undue pressure - we don't mean to.

edited August 2014

closing this thread. Please put any submit any new bugs in our public data bug base

This discussion has been closed.