Release Candidate 0.11.0.8 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited April 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen

Release Candidate 0.11.0.8

Fixes:

• Fixed delays with animations after an ad was shown
  • Fixed .wav files automatically importing as Sound instead of giving you the choice to import as Music or Sound.
  • Fixed occasional hitch during linear interpolation
  • Upgraded Chartboost and RevMob SDKs to their latest versions
  • Optimized memory freeing during scene changes. This should improve scene load times.

Known Issues:

• The Release Candidate version of Creator will not open if your GateKeeper settings are set to "Mac App Store" or "Mac App Store and identified developers"
  • Chartboost ads will sometimes fail to load on Android and cause the game to "hang" on black screen. This can be worked around by hitting the back button on the device.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited April 2014

Load times should be improved

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Fantastic turn around time! Keep it up!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Wooha ! Damn !! You guys are on fire !!!

I've got to be honest, I'm kinda' in a world of confusion here (good confusion :) ), bugs that we've been reporting and re-reporting and discussing and working out workarounds for, for months and in some cases years, are being cleaned up as if they are nothing more than a spelling mistake in a post, in what seems like a few hours after they've been raised on the forums !!!

Interpolate is fixed ! I can't actually believe it, yet it's true !

Whatever you are drinking, keep drinking it, impressive stuff !!!!

:)

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE GS TEAM???

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• TaoOfSaladTaoOfSalad Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 83

To elaborate on the load time fix in this update. You should see an improvement everywhere (creator, viewer, ad-hoc, published). The issue was related to memory objects in the scene you are leaving, not the new scene you are switching to. So often the largest loading delay would be when switching from a complicated scene (like your main play scene) to a relatively simple scene (like a score summary). It was unrelated to the number of assets you were loading.

Summarizing:

• Load times for the first scene are not affected. Only when changing scene.
    • Along with Change Scene, this issue also impacted Reset Scene and Pause/Unpause Scene.
    • For the best and most accurate load time benchmarking, you still want to use an ad-hoc build so that you get the publishing-side asset optimizations. Testing in Creator or Viewer will still suffer the loading penalty for on-the-fly image decompression and processing of PNGs.
    • We suspect this fix may also help many who reported an issue like: "My first scene loads fine but then crashes or hangs on the second scene." We're not sure about all cases though, so we'd like your feedback.
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@BlackCloakGS‌ @TaoOfSalad‌

Any chance of Banner ads with Rev mod those full screen ads really take away the flow of a game.

and I 'll check those load times right now, BRB.

• LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956

Seriously, this biting off small chunks and quick turnarounds is a refreshing change!

@TaoOfSalad said:
    To elaborate on the load time fix in this update. You should see an improvement everywhere . . .

Fantastic stuff, all this hard work is genuinely appreciated !

Load Time is way better my game was taking 7-9 seconds to reset scene, now I don't even finish saying 1002, Good Job.

• stueynetstueynet TorontoMember Posts: 166

Agile. Nice. Definite improvement in the scene to scene load times.

My Latest GS Game - Tiny Spirit
    My First GS Game - Dashing Ralph

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

+1 thumbs up Gamesalad Team

• RainbrosRainbros Member Posts: 124
    edited April 2014

Awesome!! Keep up the good work team!

I have one little request though... Could we pleeeaaase have the option to adjust the kerning for Display Text? That would be way cool. :)

@BBEnk said:
    Load Time is way better my game was taking 7-9 seconds to reset scene, now I don't even finish saying 1002, Good Job.

Also just tested on "Steam Jack" much much better I can send my update now.

Very Good..

• natzuurnatzuur Member Posts: 304

Probably the best build yet from you guys. But again the interpolate alpha issue has returned. This seems to only be on ad hoc build. Im guessing this is related to the change in image format?

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited April 2014

@TaoOfSalad said:
    To elaborate on the load time fix in this update. You should see an improvement everywhere (creator, viewer, ad-hoc, published). The issue was related to memory objects in the scene you are leaving, not the new scene you are switching to. So often the largest loading delay would be when switching from a complicated scene (like your main play scene) to a relatively simple scene (like a score summary). It was unrelated to the number of assets you were loading.

Summarizing:

• Load times for the first scene are not affected. Only when changing scene.
    • Along with Change Scene, this issue also impacted Reset Scene and Pause/Unpause Scene.
    • For the best and most accurate load time benchmarking, you still want to use an ad-hoc build so that you get the publishing-side asset optimizations. Testing in Creator or Viewer will still suffer the loading penalty for on-the-fly image decompression and processing of PNGs.
    • We suspect this fix may also help many who reported an issue like: "My first scene loads fine but then crashes or hangs on the second scene." We're not sure about all cases though, so we'd like your feedback.

Pure Awesomeness! The quick turn around is really impressive and demonstrates commitment. Can't wait to try it out.

edited April 2014

• parky190parky190 Member, PRO Posts: 23

Still not loading past the first scene for me...

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

Great work guys.

The load times are still a touch longer than they were in 10.4, but they are basically back to normal. I'd be happy shipping my game with these load times. Great work ironing out that issue, guys!

I think I might be all out of bugs to report! :) Now that's a good feeling!

I'm still getting strange behaviours when importing images into the game.

The images don't update properly visually, in the image list at the bottom left.

And in drop-down lists, there'll be duplicates of the new "replaced" images as well as the older ones still appearing in the list.

It's confusing and buggy. Would be great to get that nicely cleaned up, so image importing was solid and reliable every time.

Another note to users perhaps having trouble with alpha's and white bits showing up on actors.

I was just struggling to get one of my actors to look right, and it seemed to be to do with the PNGs in the animation sequence, but I couldn't figure out what.

I was some art I'd got from a friend, so I wondered if it were somehow the image format it was saved in. But I'd tried saving it out of Photoshop again many times, but it kept showing up with white around it.

Finally, I changed it from Image > Mode 16bit to 8bit, and now it works fine.

Saved as PNG again and all good.

Was something to do with it being a 16 bit PNG.

Thought that might be helpful for others.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@BlackCloakGS‌ @TaoOfSalad‌ Great work as always. Just wanted to report an issue I ran into testing a game packaged with RC 0.11.0.8. The game has no background image and only uses a scene colour. If I click on an actor to open a URL using the embedded browser then return to the game by clicking on the close button the scene colour changes to black regardless of the colour set. I didn't have this issue packaging the app using RC 0.11.0.7 or previous releases. The issue only appeared with RC 0.11.0.8. It happens on my AdHoc on both IOS7.1 and IOS6 devices. It does not happen in Creator and I didn't test on the viewer. Cheers :smile:

@parky190 said:
    Still not loading past the first scene for me...

That's worthy of a bug report with attached game so we can investigate further. Or do you have an existing bug ID that we can look into?

@Hymloe said:

The general complaint of "importing images screws up the image browser and other stuff" is one of my new top concerns. Any detail or examples you can provide would be a great help.

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

Looks like we will have another RC. Submitting this bug at the moment.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

wow you guys are coding faster than a bullet! keep on going!!

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

@Approw said:
    wow you guys are coding faster than a bullet! keep on going!!

That's because bullet can't code ;)

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@imGua haha Touché!

• joshuanewton@live.co.ukjoshuanewton@live.co.uk Member, PRO Posts: 17

Hey guys,

It's been 3 days and i still can't sign my app due to 'Server issues' in my support email i was told to remove the apostrophe in my app name for testing, but that didn't work!

is anyone else facing this issue? Really pressing on time for me!

Josh

• sulexk@gmail.comsulexk@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 21

Any ideas when gamesalad will incorporate admob ads and banner ads?