Together Games is now a GameSalad company!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@stevej said:
    Photics‌ : The URL behaviors will not be removed or nerfed. If you want to roll your own server, that's cool with us. I'm actually hoping to add more features to them if I ever get the time. :)
    @stevej said:
    In addition to the extra features listed by CodeWizard, I'd also like to mention that push notification is part of that as well. And that achievements are already implemented.

awesome stuff!

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

@stevej‌
    Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to mention the push notifications. :)

• kipdevkipdev Member Posts: 275
    edited July 2014

Sorry im a noob so the nightly build, is that a download? Or it works automatically when i load gs?

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Push notifications! Wohoo!

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
    edited July 2014

@kipdev said:
    Sorry im a noob so the nightly build, is that a download? Or it works automatically when i load gs?

Go to : http://gamesalad.com/download/releases, and scroll down to the "Nightlies" section. Grab the latest one (currently 0.0.0.254). Note that this is a separate install from the main release of GameSalad, you can have both installed and run either one. Also note that the nightly version doesn't go through our full QA process, so although it has new features, such as the network behaviors, it may also have bugs that aren't in the release version.

• JinHoShinJinHoShin Member, PRO Posts: 20

The good news.

But before that, please improve the loading speed.

2mb game load time is 6 seconds…...

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989

@stevej‌
    That's cool and good to know.

Will this mean that push notification implementation will (at first at least) only be available through the plays together integration. Or will it be available separately for our own servers to trigger.

I appreciate things change and evolve but be interesting to know if I need to scrap my server and go down the playstogether route if I want Facebook and push.

Thanks

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603

Oh, that makes more sense now. Good one!

• Thomas
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Ok so how does one go about sending PNs to its app users? Will GS be providing SMS page for us to use? Is there a limit to the amount of pushes 1 can do in a weeks/months time? A tutorial on how a GS developer will be sending out PNs via GS would be nice.

@StormyStudio‌ : Since it's available to us with little extra work, it's likely that the 1st implementation of push notification will be done via the Playstogether system. We have been talking to other push notification providers, and may add the option to use them in the future, as we do with ad service providers.

@FINNBOGG‌ : We'll let everyone know how PN will work with GameSalad after we've added it to the engine.

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

Lots of questions on pricing and final roll out still. We're working on it. :)

• LoadedLoaded Member Posts: 240

Great news, well played GS team... well played.

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited July 2014

@scottharrrules43 said:
    next you guys should buy apple ;)>

Haha, ha. That might help us out by slowing down Apple iOS and Mac OS updates, but think how long you'd have to wait to see a new Mac or new iPhone if GameSalad ran Apple!

• guylianguylian Member Posts: 1

it's cool!!!

• StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130

Great push notification!! AdMob and push notifications are the 2 features i wanted badly on gamesalad. Hope to see admob in gamesalad soon!!

• TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633

Fantastic news!

@CodeWizard said:

We'll begin assimilating their webpage soon and rolling it into our main site.

What does this mean though? Feeling a bit slow.

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339

@TheGabfather said:
    Fantastic news!

What does this mean though? Feeling a bit slow.

Putting their info onto the GameSalad site as it's now a GameSalad property and feature.

@SingleSparq said:
    Putting their info onto the GameSalad site as it's now a GameSalad property and feature.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Thank you so much! I already have an idea for my next game.

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• SkyDogSkyDog Fairfax, VirginiaMember Posts: 20

Another great feature to take advantage of, and its safe and secure in the GS family!

John Gallagher
    Artist, cartoonist, developer - STORYTELLER

First GameSalad App JUST PUBLISHED! Roboy Red: Jetpack Attack!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roboy-red-jetpack-attack/id896014716?mt=8

• AdnanHAdnanH Member Posts: 77

Does this mean we will be able to make multiplayer games without having to make a online network?:D if it does that is amazing if it doesn't well.. That's is still amazing:D

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@AdnanH said:
    Does this mean we will be able to make multiplayer games without having to make a online network?:D if it does that is amazing if it doesn't well.. That's is still amazing:D

Correct. Using Together Games would allow you to use GameSalad behaviors which pass through their servers as compared to using the Network behavior to talk to your own server. Needless to say, using Together Games would save you lots of time and headache, assuming you do not know how to set up servers, code, etc.

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

So the take over begins.
    Also will there be more info at the meet up this August?

• TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633

@SingleSparq said:

Thought it was something bigger. Huzzah

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Just saw the news... nice!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

Don't worry @Photics‌, I'm still waiting for Joints which i've heard every excuse for so far! Last time it had to wait for LUA free engine which we know never materialised so don't know where thats at now!

Super cool acquisition though guys :)

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    edited July 2014

@beefy_clyro said:
    Don't worry Photics‌, I'm still waiting for Joints which i've heard every excuse for so far! Last time it had to wait for LUA free engine which we know never materialised so don't know where thats at now!

One of the things I liked about Stencyl was joints. It's funny. I don't really use them. On one game that might make use of joints, I ended up controlling the extra body parts manually with lists.

Going LUA free didn't make much sense to me. If it's good enough for Angry Birds and Corona, what's the problem with GameSalad? Apparently there wasn't a problem.

So now, GameSalad is in pretty good shape. Unfortunately, metrics gathering is the main reason why I haven't...

• Updated my GameSalad Textbook
    • Reactivated my Pro subscription
    • Declared a winner in my Stencyl vs. GameSalad article series

...and I have a bunch of other games that are sitting unfinished - including the high-profile project. I'm stuck between two platforms... Stencyl and GameSalad. Stencyl has a bunch of features that are just awesome - and no pesky metrics gathering either - but I haven't had much success with the software. GameSalad feels more stable/reliable to me, but politics is the bigger issue.

@stevej said:
    Photics‌ : The URL behaviors will not be removed or nerfed. If you want to roll your own server, that's cool with us. I'm actually hoping to add more features to them if I ever get the time. :)

I'm glad to see that politics shouldn't mess up the addition of Together Games features or the creation of asynchronous web games. This gives developers options, which makes GameSalad more attractive.

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

Is there any more information about a time line to when we can start seeing some of these cool tools?

@Wboko said:
    Is there any more information about a time line to when we can start seeing some of these cool tools?

You can use the new network behaviors on Mac Creator in the current nightly build. Windows support for them will hopefully be available sometime this fall.