Together Games is now a GameSalad company!

13»

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@stevej‌ - Any idea when we'll be able to send table column or rows instead of an entire table? From what I understand, we currently can only send a table back and forth.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@Braydon_SFX said:
    stevej‌ - Any idea when we'll be able to send table column or rows instead of an entire table? From what I understand, we currently can only send a table back and forth.

If they're not available in the current nightly build, they'll be there in the next one (which should be out fairly soon, now that 11.1 is done).

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@stevej said:
    If they're not available in the current nightly build, they'll be there in the next one (which should be out fairly soon, now that 11.1 is done).

Great! Excited to start playing with it again!

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Great! Excited to start playing with it again!

Same here!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I was full steam ahead building a MP game and the table refresh issue stopped me in my tracks. Can't wait to get going again as I'm half way through building a battleship template.

• c0ppoc0ppo Member Posts: 15

Any updates on this matter?

• mc99093mc99093 Member, PRO Posts: 133

Wont be added until sometime first quarter next year i believe

Thanks for the info.
    I want this feature, but simply can't know if I can use it for my project. If you could help me out, it would be great.

I want to build a simple soccer multiplayer turn based game. You could move players around and assign to them what to do, then that action would play out. Then the other player could do the same, etc.

Can this already be done? Don't want to purchase my pro licence for nothing (only need it for multiplayer), and no way to test it out, so if anyone could say to me if this is possible at all at the moment, I would really appreciate it :)

edited November 2014

@c0ppo said:
    Thanks for the info.
    I want this feature, but simply can't know if I can use it for my project. If you could help me out, it would be great.

I want to build a simple soccer multiplayer turn based game. You could move players around and assign to them what to do, then that action would play out. Then the other player could do the same, etc.

Can this already be done? Don't want to purchase my pro licence for nothing (only need it for multiplayer), and no way to test it out, so if anyone could say to me if this is possible at all at the moment, I would really appreciate it :)

Multiplayer is only available to Pro users. It is currently available for testing in the latest nightly build for Mac Creator, and should be officially released early next year for both Mac and Windows Creator.

I do realize that, but all I wanted to know if the thing I've mentioned above is possible using gs pro?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Multiplayer is very complex but something like that can be done but I wouldn't recommend a challenge like that for a novice user.

Not a real novice since I have been programming for more then a decade now, but of course, I am novice to GS. Have some spare time now, and want to try out some tools for games that don't require much, or don't require programming at all.

I think your post just made my decision a lot easier :)

• mc99093mc99093 Member, PRO Posts: 133

Here is a video to make a multiplayer tic tac toe game so you can have a better idea of how it works

@c0ppo said:
    I do realize that, but all I wanted to know if the thing I've mentioned above is possible using gs pro?

Yes. The network code is designed for turn-based asynchronous play, so it should fit your needs.

Excellent.
    Thanks for the info and help guys, it seems that GS can meet up with my demands, but looks like I have also discovered a helpful community. Even better :)

• SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033

I've not been here for a while (but check back semi-regularly).....this stuff here....sounds great :)
    Well done guys.