Updating Sprites on my game

Comments

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited November 2015

Another update to the GUI, this time, to the meters. I'll probably have the orbs at the end of each meter do something like flash or turn black depending on the status of that meter.

I:

Some additional character art, of the future roster additions:

Ritrika's Fata Morgana, notice that after she gets defeated, on the second try she uses it right, lol.

Ritrika's flight is smooth now, her standing animation no longer shakes as well.

Pif's new move, psy-manipulated, variable energy beams. Has the potential to be broken if it wasn't for the fact that she needs to constantly recharge her power for this move to be as powerful as it is.

Grafto new gameplay, testing out the new way his boost works. His boost system is named "Full Throttle", he totally depends on "quickboost" type propulsion to move fast.

More screenshots:

edited November 2015

Adventure -> Play's menu is done:

Some gameplay vids:

Grafto at the grasslands

Pif at the Dragon's Maw at Sirron Night

Ritrika at Krytian:

Phreit Nor in the badlands:

Brainstorming some promotional art:

More vids:

Grafto's fastest moves.

His new #5, and his strongest early move, with the second highest attack in his arsenal, but is the slowest as well when unpowered.

Adding two more bosses to the game, for a total of three. They are "improved" forms of two regular enemies, the SideWinder and the Salamandra, or better to say they look more like the original form, and the soldier forms are weaker, "mass production" versions.

Their work in progress, for example, I gotta add the wings. Trying to decide if to make the wings a separate actor.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Looks really nice! Lots of action going on all the time :)

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

@NipaDidit Thanks! I've always wanted to play a game like this, now I ended up making it instead.

I want to label it as a High Speed Side Scroller, or say High Speed Action Sidescroller.

Something I wanna add, is that between each group of dragons, a small break, with the words identifying the next group that is incoming, "Wave 01, Wave 02, 03," and so on. With a break every 5 waves of 20 to 30 seconds, or just give the player a few seconds between waves. Haven't really decided yet. I think that will help the flow of the game.

I updated the character section of the website, it's still work in progress, hope to have it done by the game's release.

http://www.rayburst.net/characters.html

These characters have the most progress on their page, it goes into greater detail about their differences in gameplay:

http://www.rayburst.net/grafto.html

http://www.rayburst.net/pif.html

http://www.rayburst.net/ritrika.html

http://www.rayburst.net/phreitnor.html

Some art of Phreit Nor and Ritrika, I'll use for loading screens once I add a background to each image.

Finished the movement mechanics of the initial boss of the game. Thanks to @socks for providing information on fast constrains and various other advanced methods in the forums, that's how the wings are flapping so seamlessly. :)

Just gotta make some "boss" level attacks, a few attack patterns, and he's done. This boss is Vertigon, the giant yellow dragon is "Air King Salamandris", and the final boss of the game is the giant green/yellow dragon on the previous page.

• Free Aliens vs Zombies Game Assets

Create your own Aliens vs Zombies game using free game sprite assets that include animated alien sprites, zombies, projectiles and zombie sprites. All the characters come with ready to use animations.

12 Assets in Total:

• 6 Characters with animations

• 6 Projectiles

Characters – 6 (?)
    Sizes: 128×128 Pixels (?)
    File Types:
    PSD – Yes (?)
    PNG – Yes (?)
    GIF – Yes (?)

Projectiles – 6 (?)
    Sizes: 32×32 Pixels (?)
    File Types:
    PSD – Yes (?)
    PNG – Yes (?)
    GIF – Yes (?)

Download: Free Aliens vs Zombies Game Assets

Read: Free Assets License Terms

@Mobile-Game-Graphics Great sprites and game art. :o

Anyway, new vids:

Dragon Boss Vertigon is done, and he is merciless. I'm wondering if this fight will be hard or easy for the casual player. For me, since I know what he'll do, it's easy. But I can imagine for a player, it might be frightening. :p If you look at around 3:00, he dives down on you, I was going to make him attack there too, but I imagine a player's life would be low by then, actually, I'll put that attack in his second fight that occurs later in the game. {He'll have higher armor value too. Which means without a gem, he won't flinch from attacks, although still take damage, although reduced.}

I'm still working on Boss Salamandris, not that if he's hit in the head, he takes damage, but if hit in the back, the armor protects, as well as does small amount of damage.

I recorded at low res in order to capture the speed of the game.

Dom Partron, mystery salesman

Just a mascot for a new game, but will be simpler to understand in game mechanics than Rayburst, and will focus around touchscreen controls rather than a gamepad.

Right now, I'm thinking of calling it "Seal of Disapproval".

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

@Franto Truly excellent stuff! :D

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

@gyroscope Thanks!

Just brainstorming and trying to refine designs for future characters and so on.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Great stuff as usual ! :) I like Seal of Disapproval :D

@Socks Thanks a lot! I'll make sure to make Seal of Disapproal a fun game.

I don't know why I haven't posted from this, a small X-mas themed game with a ridiculous setting:

edited January 2016

Another REAL dragon. It's a bit too detailed when compared to my other stuff. I plan to take this image further in progress.

edited January 2016

I was aiming for photo-realism, but I guess I would need way more time to bring the illustration to that level.

There was a flaw in the foundation of this piece, so I'm just gonna start a new Dragon, possibly a dragon of sloth or gluttony, instead of fighting.

Azure Dragon of Pugilism

Redesigned the Dragon and Gryphon. To make their bitter rivalry more epic and glorious.

edited January 2016

Retro style sprites. I should stick with illustration I guess.

edited February 2016

Finally got around to inking an old sketch from years ago:

Rayburst:

Refining and brainstorming the designs of the last two characters on that list I posted a few posts above, a rock monster and a hair monster.

Dwelving into 3D:

Some earlier, simpler models:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/6t9Xtbx.jpg[/img]

http://i.imgur.com/DLvHlmD.jpg

Made 3D art of all the characters from Rayburst, with some re-designing.