Release Candidate 0.13.9 Mac ARC with performance improvements

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited April 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Release Candidate 0.13.9

Features:

• Import CSV now allows you to select whether or not the data being imported has column and row titles.

Fixes:

• Fixed projects from 0.13.7 losing Table rows when opened in 0.13.8

• Fixed the Copy Table behavior causing a crash in Preview

• Fixed being unable to delete existing Tables in saved projects

• Fixed the Tables dropdown causing graphical issues in Creator

Known Issues:

• In existing saved projects, adding or removing conditions will not take effect until you back out of the actor and re-open it.

• Creator can crash when closing a project after opening a Table (this will be fixed in the next Release Candidate build)

• You may experience a crash when logging into GameSalad Creator from the Dashboard.

• An occasional crash may occur when loading a project while an Android device is plugged in via USB.

• The Animate behavior will currently not show its images until you back out of the Actor and re-open it.

• Moving from Actor Editor back to the Actor pane can cause a memory spike (memory leak is being investigated)

Includes all the fixes and features from 0.13.8 RC

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited April 2015

@BlackCloakGS said:

Known Issues:

In existing saved projects, adding or removing conditions will not take effect until you back out of the actor and re-open it.

Creator can crash when closing a project after opening a Table (this will be fixed in the next Release Candidate build)

You may experience a crash when logging into GameSalad Creator from the Dashboard.

An occasional crash may occur when loading a project while an Android device is plugged in via USB.

The Animate behavior will currently not show its images until you back out of the Actor and re-open it.

Moving from Actor Editor back to the Actor pane can cause a memory spike (memory leak is being investigated)

Seems like a small price to pay in light of how much time we're going to save. Thanks team!

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Thank You :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Will give it a try tonight. Thanks!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Whatever tears of frustration you cried and whatever blood you sweated to get this build to us, it was worth it! These ARC changes are just fantastic!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited April 2015

Chugging along nicely like the Little Engine That Could... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can :)

Over vast mountains and other obstacles he went...

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

Hi guys! I'm still getting white overhanging boxes when looking at code in an actor. Please look into this GS devs as it is my only problem with this version so far. Thanks so much and keep up the good work! :)

• basonliewbasonliew Member, PRO Posts: 5

Hi GS Team,

My Gamesalad had been quit unexpectedly whenever I tried to move the actor from Layer1 group to Background group after I updated to 0.13.8 and 0.13.9, is it just only me?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

please submit the crash log with a bug.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    please submit the crash log with a bug.

Hi thanks for the reply, may I know how do I do that? I'm very new to Gamesalad and forum itself, would appreciate if you could show me the direction :)

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@basonliew go to bugs.gamesalad.com and click "New" on the top of the site.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

@NipaDidIt said:
    basonliew go to bugs.gamesalad.com and click "New" on the top of the site.

Thanks! Just submitted the bug report :)

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

In case someone (@hymloe) is wondering about table related memory leaks being fixed in this version... I have to say that unfortunately no, it has not been fixed. At least not for my game. Every time I change scene I add an average of 40Mb to my memory and after about 18 scene changes my game crashes out of memory on the device.

edited April 2015

@viking and @hymloe we will look more into engine memory issues in 0.14 and 0.15. This build is all about creator performance and memory issues.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Thanks for the reply @BlackCloakGS. As for greater performance, holy smokes! The Creator is running so smoothly now. I am totally impressed! Thanks for the hard work on this :)

• NamoOlNamoOl Member Posts: 14

Hello Guys,

I have a single row and column with a false boolean and I have it saved when it changes to true , now when i restart the game it turns back to false , in the older version it used to save , but now it doesnt , but with the other attributes ( real and integer) the save table is still working, Im sure it has nothing to do with the way i programmed because it is still working on the older version , did anyone experience anything similar ? is it a bug ? or is it because its not a stable version of gamesalad?

Thank you.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@NamoOl said:
    Hello Guys,

I have a single row and column with a false boolean and I have it saved when it changes to true , now when i restart the game it turns back to false , in the older version it used to save , but now it doesnt , but with the other attributes ( real and integer) the save table is still working, Im sure it has nothing to do with the way i programmed because it is still working on the older version , did anyone experience anything similar ? is it a bug ? or is it because its not a stable version of gamesalad?

Thank you.

I experienced something similar where true boolean attributes in the first row of all my tables become changed to false when opening in 0.13.9. I'd submit a bug.

Excellent job team! I haven't encountered any bugs other then the crash related to tables and closing.

Oh right , I just looked into it , I changed the boolean to row 2 and it worked it saved, there is something wrong with the first row I think your right , its a bug , the problem is i dont know how to submit it.

edited April 2015

@NamoOl said:
    Oh right , I just looked into it , I changed the boolean to row 2 and it worked it saved, there is something wrong with the first row I think your right , its a bug , the problem is i dont know how to submit it.

bugs.gamesalad.com and click on "new"

Thank you AlchimiaStudios

Thank you alot gamesalad team , I really appreciate the hard work you put , I bought a mac a month ago , with yosemite and i'v been restarting the creator every 15 minutes due to it becoming really slow to the point it crashes , with this new version its quite smooth no lagging no colored circles that slows it down , good job !

and thank you again.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited April 2015

@BlackCloakGS
    13.9 is crashing on me a lot 3 times in last few minutes doing nothing more then testing ideas 1 image 2 actors.

link to bug and crash report.

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=945

Please submit a bug report with the crash log.

• mshannonmshannon Member Posts: 35

I've been working with gamesalad for over 4 years now. This is the best build so far. Performance wise, this is heads and shoulders above the rest. Good work.

• ShazzamoShazzamo Member, PRO Posts: 2

Hey just wanted to say thanks to the Gamesalad team. 13.9 is a dream compared to the stable release 13.7 for me at least. Now that the table issues from 13.8 was fixed, it's SMOKIN!! I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3 and the creator performance is awesome! Now I can really get to work without all the restarts. I'm still pretty new to Gamesalad (Purchased Pro a month ago), and i'm loving it so far. Keep up the good work. I"m excited for .14 and to see what else is in store for the future. :smile:

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited April 2015

@BlackCloakGS said:

Features:

Import CSV now allows you to select whether or not the data being imported has column and row titles.

Oh. Yes.

@BlackCloakGS

I. Love. You.

OK, I still have to test it when I get home, but if it in fact is resolved, YES! I can go back to working on my project that has been stalled. I still look very much forward to 0.14 (and 0.15, it seems), where table memory should be improved and that will have a necessary effect on how the game runs, but with this I can at least start working again.

Thank you!

Is it the same for export? Are names included?

edited April 2015

you can thank @stevej for the CVS import/export update.
    Yes the exporter has an option for exporting the names.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited April 2015

@BlackCloakGS

13.9 is crashing on me a lot 3 times in last few minutes doing nothing more then testing ideas 1 image 2 actors.

link to bug and crash report.

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=945

It seems this was happening because I was changing the scene size on the iPhone6 scene and hitting the Tab to move down crashes it almost every time.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Thanks! @stevej

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694
    edited April 2015

@BlackCloakGS said:
    you can thank @stevej for the CVS import/export update.
    Yes the exporter has an option for exporting the names.

A cool feature would be to figure out which attribute the columns are. Maybe have an extra row that says boolean or index. Or even numbers like 1= index and 2= Boolean and so on.

Edit: this is sassy but before you say put it in as a feature request.

this is a this a is such a tiny feature it is not worth a feature request. If there is a work okish ( I am Oklahoman) around it is not going to get voted it on.