Mac Stable Release 0.13.29

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited July 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Mac Stable Release 0.13.29

Features:

Fixes:

• When moving or placing an actor in a scene with the mouse, the Actor's initial position is now rounded to the nearest whole number.

• Changed default Display Text color to black

• Fixed player network tables not updating and triggering rules correctly

• Possible fix for crash when importing images

Known Issues:

• Due to the way AdMob interacts with our code, you can have AdMob banner ads, or AdMob interstitial ads, but not both at the same time. This does not apply to RevMob ads.

Contains all the fixes from 0.13.27

Get the build now

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078
    edited July 2015

This is awesome, thanks!

Edit:

@The_Gamesalad_Guru check out

Fixed player network tables not updating and triggering rules correctly

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Wohoo!

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited July 2015

Documentation on pathfinding behavior
    Video from the GameSalad meetup introducing pathfinding behavior

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332
    edited July 2015

I'm not sure if I've ever hit the download button so hard on a GameSalad release. Maybe the first ARC build! The two best GameSalad builds in 5 years have come in the space of a month!

Since these brilliant little things are getting fixed, I thought I'd make a note of each thing that I come across that's one of those little annoyances as I worked tonight. I'm ignoring layout tools and asset folders as they've been mentioned extensively already and are much bigger changes.

• When using the dropdown list at the bottom on the inspector, have the Tag you selected persist when going into and out of actors

• Have the Expression Editor default to expanded

• When tabbing through attributes, instead of going name>value>name>value, go value>value or name>name, depending on what was initially selected. Perhaps go name>value>name>value when a modifier is pressed along with tab.

• Re-order attributes

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Got an awesome from me... There's features and fixes in there that should make a huge difference to all users.

@BlackCloakGS ..sincerest thanks to you and the team for how your cranking out the updates recently.

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

The team is kicking some serious butt!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@BlackCloakGS While making my last video, I was doing the "drag images from one project to another" that was getting me familiar with BugSplat. I had to stop and restart the video a good 5 or 6 times because things kept crashing!

I just performed the same action 10 times in this new build to test it out, and not a single crash. Great job!

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343
    edited July 2015
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited July 2015

It was a team effort big thanks to @stevej and @GeorgeGS

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

As an aside, we would have also liked to include the Playstogether networking behaviors with this, but we will not be releasing any new features unless they are available for both Mac and Windows.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@CodeWizard said:
    The team is kicking some serious butt!

Hell Yeah !

edited July 2015

@BlackCloakGS said:
    When moving or placing an actor in a scene with the mouse, the Actor's initial position is now rounded to the nearest whole number.

Fantastic !!!! :smile:

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Changed default Display Text color to black

Fantastic !!!! :smile:

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited July 2015

@stevej said:
    As an aside, we would have also liked to include the Playstogether networking behaviors with this, but we will not be releasing any new features unless they are available for both Mac and Windows.

Makes sense... You've put a lot of effort in recently to bring the two versions up to parity, so makes sense to only release features from now on if they work fully on both versions. Makes it an easier and less fractured system for you to work with... And makes it more reliable for developing and passing projects between the Mac and PC versions.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Woo! Lots of thanks to the whole team! Cannot wait to be at the computer to download this hyper charged version!

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

I come back from my break and see all this progress... YES!

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

Awesome thanks to the whole team and @stevej @BlackCloakGS @GeorgeGS

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@BlackCloakGS what about offline mode ?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Yep, just playing with it -- great release! Thanks @BlackCloakGS @stevej @GeorgeGS

One small suggestion, if it fits your '5-minute implementation feature' schedule:

Not asking for current Windows-style possibility of changing these values, but just to be able to see the position values of the currently selected actor on the window somewhere would be a lot of help! Then I'm happy to move everything around using +1 and +10 arrow nudging!

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

Love you guys <3

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236
  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@stevej @BlackCloakGS @GeorgeGS
    Thank you team.

I won't ask for anything extra... if it's stable, that's enough for me. :)

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

wow just awesome everyone!
    since you're on a roll @BlackCloakGS @stevej @GeorgeGS how about increasing the maximum font size to something larger than 99 :)

and how about adding a list view option to the in project library for images and sounds. many times my image names are so long the ends get cut off, which makes animations a little more difficult

:):)

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912
    edited July 2015

Updates have been coming faster and with more frequency! Thanks GS Team! Your hard work is greatly appreciated. :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

edited July 2015

@jonmulcahy said:
    wow just awesome everyone!
    since you're on a roll BlackCloakGS stevej GeorgeGS how about increasing the maximum font size to something larger than 99 :)

Agreed, although it's really straightforward to open up the actor's XML file and change the font size it would be good to be able to do this within GameSalad.

@jonmulcahy said:
    and how about adding a list view option to the in project library for images and sounds. many times my image names are so long the ends get cut off, which makes animations a little more difficult

Agreed ! For me the real issue with the image assets pane is that the background is white, this issue echoes the default white actor colour + default white text colour clash issue . . . . . GameSalad as a system encourages us to create white image assets if we want to take advantage of GameSalad's ability to control colours within GameSalad . . . so you create your customs fonts and graphic elements and so on as white image assets only to find that when displayed in the image assets pane white actors disappear against a white background, the image assets pane in a lot of my projects consists of page after page of 'invisible' actors . . . example image . . . .

. . . if there was any other colour other than white (AOCOTW™) users would be able to take advantage of GameSalad's ability control image asset colour without loosing the ability to visually scan through the image assets panel, a pale grey background would be enough to see the image thumbnails.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@jonmulcahy said:
    since you're on a roll BlackCloakGS stevej GeorgeGS how about increasing the maximum font size to something larger than 99 :)

100 is larger than 99. Maybe we can make that happen! ;)

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411

Very nice indeed!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited July 2015

!@#$% yeah i dropped everything today to add the banners in my top performing games this is a serious money opportunity thanks guys for making this happen :) !!

side question to they work for amazon too? I think not since admob banner setup only finds iOS and Android version, but maybe Android also means Amazon.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Best, update, EVER!

Thank you guys very much!

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

finally adMob!!!! Thank you guys!