Mac Stable Release 0.13.29

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2015

@GeorgeGS said:
    Uh huh, and then we'd get "Hey, every time I press the arrow keys my actor changes colour!"

:smile:

@GeorgeGS said:
    For something like moving an actor by it's own width/height for manual tiling it seems like a better way would be to provide a specific command for that like "duplicate actor" with a way to provide a number and offsets to make it more flexible, especially if you wanted to have them slightly overlap, have space between them, make a diagonal line, etc.

Yes, of course that would be incredible, I was really just going for the 'is-this-possible-without-weeks-of-coding?' angle, seeing if this was something that could be easily implemented given a modifier for x10 already exists, but of course a fully functional step and repeat command would be insanely useful, transformative even.

@Armelline said:
    Why can't you download the release? Did something change?

Mmmm, maybe I'm totally confused by the whole 2 weeks of trial thing, I'm thinking I've been trialling the software for years so would not be able to log in ? Ok, I admit it, I'm clueless about how all this works, I am currently using GameSalad in my mind ! lol, the lack of interface is a struggle :smile:

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited July 2015

@stevej Admod not working in my Android Tablet...tonight i'll try with my Galaxy S4's Friend...
    but i dont understand if you say that the game "must be live" on google play store to show Admob banner...

Nothing problem with IOS device where the banner works fine!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

@QAsalad jep i have the behaviour in since i run iAD on the iOS versions, so it works for both I assume

Also I did copy all the Ad ID i always check first and last digit to check the full string is in.

The implementation for all 6 apps is live since today around 9 AM

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@GeorgeGS Would it be difficult to add an indicator (Change the arrow to red perhaps) to a rule where "Otherwise" contains logic?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    This get's my goat often on the forums. people ask a forum question I do a quick forum search bang I find it, I say I have a video on that, reply what is the link and I have a link in my signature but they want the direct link. I could go on and on. I'm not your wife and I'm not your mother. Show some effort please, even just a little.

@NimbleBug only asked for a tutorial on the new A*, which you currently don't have in your channel, and the video linked at the beginning is a recording of the Meet-up, which isn't a tutorial (and even attending the session itself, where we could ask questions about it, left a lot unanswered).

Both video-wise, and documentation-wise, the new AI function leaves a lot to be desired, so the question is understandable and I think it is a good candidate for a video tutorial.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Socks said:
    Mmmm, maybe I'm totally confused by the whole 2 weeks of trial thing, I'm thinking I've been trialling the software for years so would not be able to log in ? Ok, I admit it, I'm clueless about how all this works, I am currently using GameSalad in my mind ! lol, the lack of interface is a struggle :smile:

Your trail started the day the changing the pricing, so you'll have 6 or 7 days left now I assume. You should be able to download and use this latest version until your trial runs out.

@viking said:
    GeorgeGS Would it be difficult to add an indicator (Change the arrow to red perhaps) to a rule where "Otherwise" contains logic?

+1

Yep, great idea, that's another one of those small UI/UX fixes people have after for a long time, it would be great to be able to see at a glance whether we need to open up the otherwise sections when scanning through code.

@Armelline said:
    Your trail started the day the changing the pricing, so you'll have 6 or 7 days left now I assume. You should be able to download and use this latest version until your trial runs out.

Cheers, I'll give it a try !

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2015

@Armelline said:

You can possibly ask them to delay it if you haven't or can't use it within the 15 day frame. I think my trial starts when I come back from my holiday at the end of August. No I'm not currently on holiday until the end of August (now that would be nice) I'm just not able to really use it much before then.

The plus side of this is that I can keep an eye out on all of the updates released up until then to see if it's worth downloading and running GameSalad or not.

That being said I think the 15 day countdown should start when you open GameSalad. Not from when they made the change. All of those users away or too busy to download and log in to GameSalad will lose out on the trial otherwise.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@viking said:
    GeorgeGS Would it be difficult to add an indicator (Change the arrow to red perhaps) to a rule where "Otherwise" contains logic?

Yep definitely one of these small things that would make life easier:)! +1

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

@viking said:

I was about to type the very same thing but you beat me to it. Seems like another seemingly easy to implement feature/fix that @GeorgeGS would probably be able to tackle and squeeze in for the next update... Either an indicator, or change the color of the Otherwise tab to indicate when there's any code or data in the tab.

Just a couple of these smaller fixes and features added in each new update keeps the momentum going, and improves the software/interface in leaps and bounds :)

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478
    edited July 2015

The trial starts the first time you login with Creator after we made the switch, so if you haven't logged in you may have the full 2 weeks left.

Not sure how complicated adding an indicator/color change for the populated otherwise tabs is, but we have talked about it a little and I'll make sure it's on out list of things to think about.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@The_Gamesalad_Guru i watched that video already when it was out ,but i didn't get it properly i like your way of explanation .Please make good tutorial if you got chance.

Thanks

@GeorgeGS said:
    The trial starts the first time you login with Creator after we made the switch, so if you haven't logged in you may have the full 2 weeks left.

Great, cheers for the info.

@GeorgeGS said:
    Not sure how complicated adding an indicator/color change for the populated otherwise tabs is . . .

All you have to do is change an RGBA value :trollface:

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@NimbleBug said:
    Guruji can u make some simple video explanation on A-star Pathfinding with simple example and where can we use . The_Gamesalad_Guru

I haven't experimented at all with this feature yet. When i get some time i will maybe a few weeks as I'm working on one of my games and trying to get back into multiplayer.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited July 2015

Ive had 1 single case of when I have dragged a new actor on screen, it found 0.5 x 0.5 co-ordinates. I havent been able to reproduce it again but it happened never the less @BlackCloakGS I also had 3 seperate crashes importing images today so the bug seems to be apparent still, they logged as bugs 1008,1009,1010 if you want to look at them Alan.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@SteveJ @QASalad
    I'm not seeing Admob banner ads on Android either.
    I'm testing on a Nexus 7, Android version 5.1.1 - so can't imagine it's an unsupported device.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@gingagaming just put in a fix for 1008 still looking at 1009 and 1010

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited July 2015

@BlackCloakGS said:
    gingagaming just put in a fix for 1008 still looking at 1009 and 1010

Great to see your acknowledging them Alan. These were automated by BugSplat so I dont know what was reported but what I can tell you is I import images by dragging them into creator and dropping them in the image libary. (If this helps). Any questions, just ask.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
  • NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@The_Gamesalad_Guru That is helpful Thank u so much :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited July 2015

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    .... I'm not your wife and I'm not your mother. Show some effort please, even just a little.

... and a little voice calls out from the bathroom, " Ma, I'm finished, can you come and wipe me! " :D

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@BigDave said:
    admob banners officialy don't work.

Have you tried the Revmob banners?

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• 2create2create Member, PRO Posts: 90

Do you plan to make both Admob banners and interstitials work at the same time?

Yops – the innovative puzzle game for iOs – http://apple.co/1ESvIlC
    Other games - http://appstore.com/flashpromllc/

edited July 2015

@NipaDidIt i wanted to stay apple = iAd
    google play = google service admob

but yes i could try it..

• blagdonappsblagdonapps Somerset, EnglandMember, PRO Posts: 37

@BlackCloakGS Thanks for all of these awesome updates other the last few weeks.

However I have just updated two of my Googleplay apps last night to start using Revmob banner ads instead of interstitial ads. Checked this morning and no ads are showing.

Will test further and send a bug ticket.