Mac Creator Release 0.13.33 is available

QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142
edited August 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Mac Creator Release 0.13.33 is available

Fixes:

• RevMob banner and interstitial ads now work again on Android devices

• Fixed button mapping for Gtron Retro USB Super Classic Controller

• Updated URLs for Help, Report Bug, Tutorials, and the links under Learn on the dashboard

• Added Tutorials menu option under Help

• Added better error detection for crashes

• Removed unnecessary files from iOS apps

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@QASalad said: Removed unnecessary files from iOS apps

I'm sure that'll make people happy!

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited July 2015

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Sweetness!

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

@gingagaming This iOS reduction is for you. ;) Over 4MB shaved off the app packages!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited July 2015

@CodeWizard said:
    gingagaming This iOS reduction is for you. ;) Over 4MB shaved off the app packages!

Nice! Now I'm eagar for multiplayer to be back in officially. I'm almost done with my multiplayer game. I'm so close!

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Nice job. @CodeWizard .. any word on Viewer installing requirements?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@CodeWizard said:
    gingagaming This iOS reduction is for you. ;) Over 4MB shaved off the app packages!

Now I know your really listening to our requests. Thank you @CodeWizard

• App_MakerApp_Maker Member, PRO Posts: 64

Does this update fix the rejection issue I received from Apple? Link to original post.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/86831/rejected-mac-app-reason-2-31

Thanks

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Thank you! :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@CodeWizard Thanks for the update,"You need to reduce your APK file size to 50MB or use APK Expansion Files." is there any updates on this ,as you know this is not a extra feature we are asking,like facebook or twitter... Gamesalad is improving day by day..we have a chance to do better bigger games and apps...but because of this issue we are not able to publish to android,please...please consider this and give high priority to this issue Thanks

@CodeWizard while submiting to Amazon ,Giving this error "Please select at least one option in the device support section." After update

@CodeWizard Tested with 2 apps Mac Creator Release 0.13.33 ,not supporting AMAZON

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Can you asks Amazon they think your game does not support the Fire TV?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited August 2015

@NimbleBug said:
    CodeWizard while submiting to Amazon ,Giving this error "Please select at least one option in the device support section." After update

when submitting a FireTV app you have to manually edit the supported devices to enable support. This is coming from the new FireTV project

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@QASalad said:
    Removed unnecessary files from iOS apps

Yay, thank you!

@BlackCloakGS @jonmulcahy downgraded to 0.13.32 and tried again now it is working

check attachment

@jonmulcahy and i am not talking about FireTV app and i was not submitting for FireTV app

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@CodeWizard said:
    Over 4MB shaved off the app packages!

Not to be ungrateful, but two MoreGames images remain, as well as the images.xcassets folder, almost another 2MB of data.

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184

@QASalad said:
    Removed unnecessary files from iOS apps

Nice! The "MoreGames...."-images are gone :)

Could you also remove the needless GS default icons and launchimages:

• RCT_GamesRCT_Games Member, PRO Posts: 97

Was working yesterday on the older version, but after the update I can no longer use the spacebar on the display text box.

Was that something that was changed?

• clmhclmh Member, PRO Posts: 24
    edited August 2015

With this version I can't delete actors in my scenes. Tried it with a blank new project and a single actor without any image and I still can't delete the actor (either by pressing the "suppr" key on my keyboard or trying the "delete" option (which is grayed out) in the "Edit" menu.

I am working on a mac mini with Mountain Lion

EDIT : tried restarting GS and I still can't delete actors on my scene. Another problem found : impossible to rename layers

Did any one published to Android from 2 days after update,Game is loading 100 times slower and flickering starting scene...if i close 3-4 times and open than it is working, and after some time again it is crashing .

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

In this version, can one close down the initial Game Salad popup window after opening Creator, and opening a project?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@Hymloe said:
    In this version, can one close down the initial Game Salad popup window after opening Creator, and opening a project?

Can you help us understand why minimizing that window isn't good enough?

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

I never thought of using minimise.

Thanks @GeorgeGS. That seems to work fine. I just never use Minimise on Mac, I use Hide instead. But yes, works fine in this instance! :)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@GeorgeGS said:
    Can you help us understand why minimizing that window isn't good enough?

Effort :P

It does annoy me, but there are definitely other things I'd rather see time be spent on. If it's a policy decision to have it "unclosable" I'd at least like to see the close button disabled, though.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@Armelline said:
    It does annoy me, but there are definitely other things I'd rather see time be spent on. If it's a policy decision to have it "unclosable" I'd at least like to see the close button disabled, though.

I don't think it's a policy issue so much as that's the way it always has been and there's a non-zero effort involved in changing it especially since, as you've noticed, closing it does what is probably not intended almost all of the time.

I have a personal pet peeve list of things that bug me, but that window hasn't been on it since I realized I shouldn't hit the close button, so that's why I asked so I could better understand what the impact is on others.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332
    edited August 2015

@GeorgeGS said:
    I don't think it's a policy issue so much as that's the way it always has been

I think part of the (minor) annoyance is that it hasn't always been this way. It came with - I think - the first ARC builds.

Muscle memory means that I, without fail, try to close it every time I open GameSalad.