Mac Creator Release 0.13.38 is available

13»

Comments

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@stanny said:
    Yes I would like to mention about loading times too. When I change scenes, it takes up to 8-10 seconds to load a simple scene.

@stanny @Figuromo @BlackCloakGS @GeorgeGS I filed a bug regarding the new loading time issues here:

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1378

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@lioncoders said:
    Revmob ad is showing in test mode, but not showing live ad.. Anyone have faced this issue. Apple rejected my app for this.

There's a known issue with RevMob being broken for the newest iOS version. We're working with them to get a fix.

• dapiondapion Member, PRO Posts: 353

@stevej
    Thanks for information...
    What is with iAd Banners?
    Doesn't work on iOS with 13.38.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@dapion said:
    stevej
    Thanks for information...
    What is with iAd Banners?
    Doesn't work on iOS with 13.38.

Live or adhoc?

Certainly on my AdHoc...

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

@dapion said:
    Certainly on my AdHoc...

Works for me with 13.38

Verify you have Apple iAds checked in publishing, you're using the correct Bundle Identifier that has an iAd campaign running, and your Developer options (on the iOS device) are set for unlimited ad presentation.

• lioncoderslioncoders LionCoders BangladeshMember, PRO Posts: 29

@stevej said:
    There's a known issue with RevMob being broken for the newest iOS version. We're working with them to get a fix.

Thanks for the information

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Submitted a severely critical bug that has the potential to lose people work:

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1385

Hope it gets high priority!

@QASalad said:
    Verify you have Apple iAds checked in publishing, you're using the correct Bundle Identifier that has an iAd campaign running, and your Developer options (on the iOS device) are set for unlimited ad presentation.

Sorry, can´t say that the banners working.
    Checked all...and here are my dev options on my device

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

@dapion said:

I sent you a PM. If you can reply to it, I'll check it out.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Will we get force touch in the attributes Paine at some point?

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Will we get force touch in the attributes Paine at some point?

Would love this too, I put in a feature request Here

But not much support for it so far.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• KremelKremel Member, PRO Posts: 51

Hi, I am using version 13.38. My test on mobile shows IADs test ads but was not able to show chartboost ads. Had just added a campaign so not sure if need to wait awhile. Also the sandbox for game centre seems not able to update the correct score. Is this normal? Thanks.

• KremelKremel Member, PRO Posts: 51

OK, the chartboost just shows up.

• mshuraih mshuraih Member, PRO Posts: 179

is the IAP working for you guys in this version?

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

iAP, banners and chart boost working for me hmmm...

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Haven't had a problem with this stable yet! Great job team!

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    edited September 2015

I'm still on 0.13.34... can I ask about a few things, to see if they've been fixed?

• The SOUND EFFECTS seem to mostly stop playing in the iOS Viewer, if you turn the device off and back on again, and try to keep playing the game. Used to work fine. Now it makes it much more difficult and inconvenient to run through test builds in the Viewer. I know AdHoc is available, but I use the Viewer a lot, and it used to work fine, and should be fixed.

• Was the slow COPY TABLE behaviour ever looked at, or any problem discovered there? My RPG game takes ages to load into the game now, and a long time to do a "Load Game" while in the game as well. Used to take just a matter of moments. Now takes tens of seconds. (Can be hard to reproduce. But if it's not fixed yet, I could send in my project and try to give more details. But if it's been fixed, great, then great, I don't have to.)

Thanks!

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203
    edited September 2015

When running an android apk version it sometimes displays large white "Loading" for a brief moment during initial start up. I'm making games that are not in english and I'd really, really like that to go away. My newest app is for kids with focus on language. There are a lot of quirks making GameSalad android versions and I have about a 1000 workarounds for different occasions, but not this one. Is there a need to display "Loading" at all? Is the spinner not enough? I saw this in the nightly builds and thought it had something to do with the new renderer, but it's in this version as well. It does not always show up so I have no idea what is triggering it.

I'd also like to add that I'm seeing a surge in crashes on Android. On some devices (like Samsung galaxy S2, S4 and S6) Either the splash screen or just the "Loading" text is displayed and then the app exits. I've spent hundreds of hours in total polishing GameSalad games for Android and working around weirdness, so I'm pretty confident that there's nothing wrong with my inital scene or anything that I can control.

Also, It might be a coincident but once the splash screen is displayed in portrait (and the device is held in that orientation) and the device then turned to landscape, it often just exits the app (after turning the splash screen on the side).

edited September 2015

@vafurlogi said:
    I'd also like to add that I'm seeing a surge in crashes on Android. On some devices (like Samsung galaxy S2, S4 and S6) Either the splash screen or just the "Loading" text is displayed and then the app exits. I've spent hundreds of hours in total polishing GameSalad games for Android and working around weirdness, so I'm pretty confident that there's nothing wrong with my inital scene or anything that I can control.

Also, It might be a coincident but once the splash screen is displayed in portrait (and the device is held in that orientation) and the device then turned to landscape, it often just exits the app (after turning the splash screen on the side).

See here... @vafurlogi
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/88859/game-not-working-with-splash-screen#latest

or here...
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/88360/android-crashes-in-startscene-on-some-devices-s4-s5-note#latest

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@vafurlogi said:

There's a known issue with some Android devices running 5.0 (Lollipop) and later. Not to get technical*, but basically Google replaced the system that runs Android apps with one that's higher performance, but that GameSalad has problems with. We're working on getting our engine compatible with the new Android OS, and should hopefully have an update out soon.

*to get technical, the Dalvik engine has been replaced by the ART engine.

@stevej said:
    There's a known issue with some Android devices running 5.0

Two of my test devices are running Android 4.4.2 so it's not just that.

I have already tried different sizes of splash screens but your second post seems like something I'm dealing with. I'm submitting a paid project this week so that's not something I'm looking forward to.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I was wondering what is being worked on now????

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

13.38 is very solid and I'm very happy with the progress GS has made in the last few months. There are only two issues that I have noticed with this latest stable build:

1. Creator crashes rather often on exit of project or right after a save. This is not a huge deal since I don't lose any work, but it is bit scary since I worry that the project file could get corrupted. Not happened yet, but still...

2. Creator is back to slowing down a bit after a while of using the tool. This used to be a huge issue, but it was 100% fixed in previous versions since the memory re-write. In 38 it seems to be back. It's very light compared to previous problems, but it is noticeable.