Mac Release 0.13.44 is available (OS X 10.11 El Capitan Fixes)

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

The viewer is showing some images as white. Doesn't happen in creator or ad hoc. Images are identical output. I am using the latest viewer.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@uptimistik said:
    Lost_Oasis_Games Yeah that's been happening a while! You've got to close the Viewer off entirely (double tap home button, swipe the viewer up and away) then re-open it for all images to display properly.

Thanks will give that a try.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

Hey @jonmulcahy, thanks for that information. Much appreciated!

• RCT_GamesRCT_Games Member, PRO Posts: 97

@uptimistik @Lost_Oasis_Games Thanks was just gonna post something about that

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@TWO.E said:
    If you guys could take a look at this demo. I assume this hasn't always been the case because my earlier games have the same problem now.

Demo attached:
    Thanks,

Can you give us an idea of what we're looking for?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@TWO.E said:
    If you guys could take a look at this demo. I assume this hasn't always been the case because my earlier games have the same problem now.

Everything is happening in this demo exactly as you've told it to happen. You've literally told GameSalad to do four things:

1. Display a "Block" actor.
    2. Display a "Move" actor.
    3. Move the "Move" actor on the X axis at a speed of 80.
    4. Have the "Move" actor collide with the "Block" actor.

4 is irrelevant though, as there's no actual interaction between the two actors since you have no downward motion on the "Move" actor.

GameSalad appears to be doing exactly what you've told it to, and nothing more.

edited October 2015

Okay, that makes sense. I just ran it once and then looked at the logic. Just tried it a few more times and it took 4 or 5 attempts to make it happen, but after that it happens often.

@TWO.E said:
    Armelline Thats my fault, I didn't include the instructions. Is the logic not correct? I did an adhoc test and I still get inconsistent results.

It does indeed look like a flaw in GS's engine.

• App_MakerApp_Maker Member, PRO Posts: 64

Does this update fix the Mac rejection issues with Apple 2.31?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
  • App_MakerApp_Maker Member, PRO Posts: 64

@BlackCloakGS said:
    App_Maker no

Do you have a time frame on when it will be fixed?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

This week is the plan. I will be working on this tomorrow.

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

@TWO.E @Armelline change the MOVE actor's collision shape to "circle". The move actor won't be stuck. Also, how did you get the MOVE actor to move? I didn't see the code for that in it anywhere.

• Spalding004Spalding004 Member, BASIC Posts: 89

@izam said:
    TWO.E Armelline change the MOVE actor's collision shape to "circle". The move actor won't be stuck. Also, how did you get the MOVE actor to move? I didn't see the code for that in it anywhere.

It's set in the actor's properties, under MOTION

when I set the collision shape to "circle" the problem doesn't happen. Seems like the point of contact of the MOVE actor and the BLOCK actor is reduced to a single pixel when collision shape is circle. Less friction?

@izam, that's a good tip but doesn't address the fundamental issue. There are lots of reasons changing the collision shape to circle would not be possible due to other considerations in the game.

@Armelline not a tip but trying to see where the bug in GS might be.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited October 2015

When move and velocity are used the actor becomes unstable. To see this use a text display to display self.position.y. It jumps around causing unintended collisions with the other actors.

I reported this in 8/21/14 bug #211 and it was confirmed on the 10/10/14 but not fixed. @BlackCloakGS

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited October 2015

I just noticed self.position.y jumps to nearly 252.25 when the project is run even though its position is set to 252. I tried setting the self.position.y 252.1 and increased it by .1. It will run without sticking at 252.5. So it would appear being unstable is not the only thing going on that could be causing the problem. It looks like things just don't line up correctly and whatever the problem is, it is also causing the actor to become unstable.

Another bug #606 I reported also shows things not lining up correctly I wonder if it could all be related. @BlackCloakGS

• stannystanny Member Posts: 26

This is very weird. When trying to publish a new build on Android and signing it I got a code signing error. It says please ensure that the alias keypassword is correct. I just did it yesterday without issues. Some problem in the server side perhaps?

edited October 2015

@uptimistik said:
    BlackCloakGS adent42 This is the error I'm seeing, apologize if it's been posted before:

Failed to obtain exclusive lock on token file. Please ensure the following file is not locked by another process: /Users/jonathanfrancois/.itmstransporter/UploadTokens/Jonathans-iMac.local_2768PX9E97_881955710.itmsp.token

The resulting API analysis file is too large. We were unable to validate your API usage prior to delivery. This is just an informational message.

Cannot proceed with delivery: an existing transporter instance is currently uploading this package

I just tried uploading via iOS and now I get this too. Once again, it's weird because I literally tried yesterday for both iOS and Android and now they both get different errors. iOS I get this error when uploading via application loader and Android I get signing error via GS.

UPDATE: For Android, it seems it works now that I have changed it from version 1.3.1 to 1.3 without the extra number. Not sure if this is what caused it.

• sebmat86sebmat86 Member Posts: 339

Im seeing a bit over-all performance drop in my game after updating to this version. Reverted back to 0.13.41 and the game ran much smoother! But now Game Center won't work... Hmm... Has probably nothing to do with 0.13.41. But is any one else experiencing not being able to seeing achievements and such in Game Center when testing your games out on devices?

• app_sauceapp_sauce Member, PRO Posts: 206

@sebmat86 said:
    Im seeing a bit over-all performance drop in my game after updating to this version. Reverted back to 0.13.41 and the game ran much smoother! But now Game Center won't work... Hmm... Has probably nothing to do with 0.13.41. But is any one else experiencing not being able to seeing achievements and such in Game Center when testing your games out on devices?

I just tested and game center works fine. But I am on the latest build. I haven't noticed any performance issues though. The servers were momentarily down at gs not too long ago. Maybe that was the issue?

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE

Yeah, it works for me again! Thanks for the help anyways! :)

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

@sebmat86 me too!

I updated gamesalad 0.13.44,
    and I found performance is drop,
    scene performed in 0.13.33 can be FPS 60,but in 0.13.44 FPS is 35~45,
    I'm the first to discover the problem?

I wasted a whole day to find out why,
    This problem may be improved in the next version?

*iPad mini2 Remains FPS60,iPad2 and iPod touch5 sometimes is FPS 35~45

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

Efficiency seems to have something in drag in this version(0.13.44)

@kirafu said:
    sebmat86 me too!

OK! Good to know Im not the only one. I've reverted back to 0.13.41, for now. Works a lot better. I'll update to version 0.13.43 later and see if the game runs as smoothly.

Yeah definately some performance drops compared to older version. A user of mine already left a bad review.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@stanny said:
    A user of mine already left a bad review.

You managed to publish with 0.13.44 in the meantime?