Second Thought [PAID]

2»

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

You're tenacious. I'll give you that. Maybe if you come back to the forums in another 4 years people will be easily fooled by your post. I mean history repeats itself so more than likely you'll fail, again. Especially If I haven't killed over yet. But keep calm and persist on.

-The Forum Warrior

No thanks needed.

• DonaldMDonaldM Member Posts: 48

@RabidParrot said:
    You're tenacious. I'll give you that. Maybe if you come back to the forums in another 4 years people will be easily fooled by your post. I mean history repeats itself so more than likely you'll fail, again. Especially If I haven't killed over yet. But keep calm and persist on.

-The Forum Warrior

No thanks needed.

No joke, not even trying to fan any fires or argue, just me being real for a second. Your games are really really bad man. Just take two weeks off and quit.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

@RThurman wow... wheres this going? dragging up replies to threads from four years ago. I didn't realise I was the one on trial here... :)

I don't know the guy, and Im not actually sure of the guys history. Im not that inclined to trawl through 4 years of threads every time someone posts for work... My comment was based on the posts in the current thread, that these forums can be aggressive to people offering work... which they can.

Respect and fair treatment definitely goes both ways though... and from the ongoing debate, Im out of here.... :)

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@DonaldM said:
    The best part about that story is that someone actually contacted me shortly after and we worked on a project together, I paid him and the game was on the market for a year. It wasn't the best, but he got paid and I got experience. I admit he only got paid 1/4 the amount I mentioned, but he was still happy and I counted it as a loss.

Well thats partially true. You were able to contract with someone when you made a specific job offer with a specific payment.
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/21887/launching-system-job-100

Originally you contracted to pay that individual $100 but now say you only paid out $25?

I'm pretty sure GameSalad is doing something right. There are also plenty of us who very successful using GameSalad.

But again you're butt-hurt.

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257

@Chunkypixels said:
    Respect and fair treatment definitely goes both ways though... and from the ongoing debate, Im out of here.... :)

Yeah, the convo seems a bit much at this point. Feels like both sides are angling to bait a thread lock from the mods. Everyone's looking worse the longer things go on.

edited November 2015

@DonaldM said:
    No joke, not even trying to fan any fires or argue, just me being real for a second. Your games are really really bad man. Just take two weeks off and quit.

Your mediocre attempt to irritate me has once again fallen short. I really need you to put some effort into it. I've been around a while and I've seen all the trolls.

@RThurman said:
    Originally you contracted to pay that individual $100 but now say you only paid out $25?

The developer hired was paid $100 up front and a completion payment of $500. Artist received $400 and music was free since I did it myself. When negotiating with the developer I told him I would get him over $2k. I wasn't able to do that, we cut dev short and I paid him out. The game went on the store barely completed and died out a while later. So I guess if you want to keep drilling me for information, it was technically over 1/4, but you seem to be the only one counting, so many years later.

@RabidParrot said:
    Your mediocre attempt to irritate me has once again follow short. I really need you to put some effort into it. I've been around a while and I've seen all the trolls.

please stop making "games"

@Chunkypixels said:
    RThurman wow... wheres this going? dragging up replies to threads from four years ago. I didn't realise I was the one on trial here... :)

I don't know the guy, and Im not actually sure of the guys history. Im not that inclined to trawl through 4 years of threads every time someone posts for work... My comment was based on the posts in the current thread, that these forums can be aggressive to people offering work... which they can.

Sorry @Chunkypixels! My intention was not at all to put you on trial. I am deeply sorry if that is how it came across.

My intention was to show that he had tried this play several times before and the response from the community has been consistently similar.

But on one occasion, he did make a legit offer and got some serious responses.

@DonaldM said:
    please stop making "games"

I'll be sure to take this into consideration. I mean seriously. I'll really think about it.

Ok, I'm done thinking about it.

@DonaldM said:
    The developer hired was paid $100 up front and a completion payment of $500. Artist received $400 and music was free since I did it myself. When negotiating with the developer I told him I would get him over $2k. I wasn't able to do that, we cut dev short and I paid him out. The game went on the store barely completed and died out a while later. So I guess if you want to keep drilling me for information, it was technically over 1/4, but you seem to be the only one counting, so many years later.

Thanks for clarifying!

I would really suggest that you use the same method to find subcontractors again. That worked much better for you than your other previous attempts.

Simply state what you want and then at least try to give a reasonable estimate of compensation. You get a much better response!

@TWO.E said:
    Most Publishers take 50% and do not do any work but submit to apple these days. Its pretty standard, it takes a lot of effort to find the good ones who are willing to put the time and work in who also have the connections.

Edit: This was about a publishing option was it not? Seems like I missed the tide.

I said I was looking for a dev to join our team, help in finding a solid game idea to go with and then funding it. I left out price, since you never mention price. You negotiate price. I also missed the memo on having to have [PAID] in the title. RabbidParrot instantly jumped all over it and accused me of scamming and told me to leave. I rewrote my thread after a few back-and-forths with this kid and now I'm waiting for my deletion request to be acknowledged.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but I expect folks in this community to treat each other with respect.

You don't have to agree with someone's posts, but keeping the discourse civil IS a requirement here. It looks like multiple folks engaged in this discussion are violating that principle, so I'm closing this.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

This discussion has been closed.