Creator 1.24 Hotfix is now available for Mac and Windows

Comments

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@CodeWizard custom fonts sounds great! Any work being done to optimize the display text code in the process?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@app_sauce said:
    Custom fonts?!? Love seeing the forward momentum. The pgfc sounds interesting, why was the project stopped in 2012? Hopefully it's not a moonshot that we will never get our hands on.

The project never got off the ground. Codewizard wasn't around then. I don't think he was making any promices but maybe he can make some improvements with it. He is a much better coder than those doing it back then.

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119

UPDATE: I was hoping I can download previous version of GS to evade android performance issue. I was wrong. It is not dependent on the GS version. So I hope this issue is marked as "critical" (custom fonts is nice feature, but we can't publish any advanced game to the android platform right now ;-)). For example: My game is spawning 135 little blocks in the beginning (circle collisions used). How much time it takes? Mac - 2 seconds, iOS - 3 seconds, Android (Galaxy S2) - 45 seconds(!). Everyone could assume that Galaxy S2 is really old phone. But it was 4 seconds with the previous GS version, not 45! You are guys doing awesome job all time, but please do not underestimate this. Even some small optimization (10 seconds) will be bad... All of my products are now in "PANIC" mode again.

They said they will be working the weekend to resolve this. I would call that making every effort as they don't work the weekend normally.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

And they were hinting performance getting much better in a release this coming week -- which I understood as in general, better than ever before, not just fixing the Android issue.

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278
    edited November 2015

Custom Fonts!! u rock GS!! too much happy that you are now caring for the product! Just waiting for Android performance issue fix as it gave me a panic when I tested my game on android!!

• liuxzliuxz Member, PRO Posts: 51

@Nabbo said:
    Custom Fonts!! u rock GS!! too much happy that you are now caring for the product! Just waiting for Android performance issue fix as it gave me a panic when I tested my game on android!!

the same.Just waiting for Android performance issue fix.few days.

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

Still waiting for collisions to be fixed... :/

Did any one fix Android performance issue?few days passed.

Just waiting for new version to fix the Android performance issue.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

we are still working the Android performance issues @CodeWizard is on the case and making good progress.

• wilsongaluchowilsongalucho Member Posts: 180

@CodeWizard May the force be with you!

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard Is the new version with the performance boost still on track for this week?

• bloodnitebloodnite Member Posts: 50

I noticed Network Behaviors for send table to URL and such are missing. I wanted to add support for Appformative in my game but cant due to that. Can that be added back? I already submitted a support ticket earlier in the week. They said it would be put back this week?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@bloodnite said:
    I noticed Network Behaviors for send table to URL and such are missing. I wanted to add support for Appformative in my game but cant due to that. Can that be added back? I already submitted a support ticket earlier in the week. They said it would be put back this week?

In Project Info, look for where it says "Multiplayer" and select "My own server". You'll then have access to the network behaviours.

@Armelline said:

@bloodnite said:

In Project Info, look for where it says "Multiplayer" and select "My own server". You'll then have access to the network behaviours.

I'm using the latest windows creator - Gamesalad support already confirmed it's missing. Windows version doesn't have a project info tab, it normally is listed under behaviors with other items. I suppose I should toss a bug report in...

@bloodnite said:

@Armelline said:

@bloodnite said:

I'm using the latest windows creator - Gamesalad support already confirmed it's missing. Windows version doesn't have a project info tab, it normally is listed under behaviors with other items. I suppose I should toss a bug report in...

Bug# 1497 created.

@bloodnite said:

Ah, I didn't realise you were using Windows. You seem to have answered your own question in your original post then :D

@Armelline said:

@bloodnite said:

Ah, I didn't realise you were using Windows. You seem to have answered your own question in your original post then :D

Yeah - was more trying to ask the GS gurus on an update of adding them back.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@bloodnite said:

It will be in the next release.

@stevej said:

@bloodnite said:

It will be in the next release.

Thanks sir!

• teamdklteamdkl Member Posts: 12

@CodeWizard should we expect a new version by this weekend? and if not, what should we do about releasing current games. It seems 1.24 performance has gone down, and 1.23 is not backward compatible with changes done on 1.24 (yeah we learned that the hard way lol)

@teamdkl said:
    @CodeWizard should we expect a new version by this weekend? and if not, what should we do about releasing current games. It seems 1.24 performance has gone down, and 1.23 is not backward compatible with changes done on 1.24 (yeah we learned that the hard way lol)

Yes we veterans have learned this over the years. This is why you will hear most vets say with each release they make a duplicate of their game and open one in the new and zip the other. Myself I have a global backup for my hard drive, which by the way everyone should be doing, and can just go back. I generally don't rush to install a new update. I copy my files and then download the new version of GS as a seperate app and throw it on my other drive. Then I open the copies and test out my stuff so I can see if all works. I usually keep working in the last version for a couple week untill all is clear, then port over. One thing I always try to stress around here is being patient. Over and over on the forums I see people rushing to do stuff and then a few day or weeks later they have an issue becuase they didn't take the time to plan, study, or wait to update either GS, OSX,iOS et.... There is no need to rush...in the end you will save yourself lots of work, headaches and problems.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Sooo how is that lil birdie doing? The one that gave you hope that custom fonts might be in store for christmas. Is that birdie still looking like a pretty reliable birdie?

@FINNBOGG said:
    Sooo how is that lil birdie doing? The one that gave you hope that custom fonts might be in store for christmas. Is that birdie still looking like a pretty reliable birdie?

Still 3 weeks to find out :P

• teamdklteamdkl Member Posts: 12

@Lost_Oasis_Games thank you for the feedback :smile:

Yes, usually we do that. This case was a little different because we needed to make a fix for a new bug introduced by 1.24 (not the hot fix) collision issue. Our mistake was staying on that version for the day.

Do appreciate you insight! Thanks again

@teamdkl said:
    @Lost_Oasis_Games thank you for the feedback :smile:

Yes, usually we do that. This case was a little different because we needed to make a fix for a new bug introduced by 1.24 (not the hot fix) collision issue. Our mistake was staying on that version for the day.

Do appreciate you insight! Thanks again

Ah we have all been there! Even though I haven't had a crash for a few months now that creator is stable, I still save all the time...just good habits. As is famously said, "trust but verify!"

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited December 2015

As I see what game user wants?

1- Shorter Loading Time
    2- Shorter Loading Time
    3- Facebook Integration
    4- Just for Android ( GooglePlayService)

What should we want?

1- Shorter Loading Time
    2- Charboost Reward Video
    3- Google Play Service
    4- Facebook Integration

Gamesalad already doing great many things but if loading times are too long(first&changescene), what is the point of having them?

I've been here almost 2 years and I have never seen a game with short loading time that means problem is not because of us.

When will this problem be solved?

For now, I just want shorter loading time, not collison shape not custom font.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

They are working on the load issues be patient.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483
    edited December 2015

@onelasttime said:
    As I see what game user wants?

1- Shorter Loading Time
    2- Shorter Loading Time
    3- Facebook Integration
    4- Just for Android ( GooglePlayService)

What should we want?

1- Shorter Loading Time
    2- Charboost Reward Video
    3- Google Play Service
    4- Facebook Integration

Gamesalad already doing great many things but if loading times are too long(first&changescene), what is the point of having them?

I've been here almost 2 years and I have never seen a game with short loading time that means problem is not because of us.

When will this problem be solved?

For now, I just want shorter loading time, not collison shape not custom font.

Yes please shorter loading times is the main issue with high speed mobiles and tablets...no one want to see loading wheels in there small games now a days.