Platformer game progress

Comments

• Evan12Evan12 Member Posts: 2

the game looks goods :smiley:

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited August 2016

Thanks for your feedback appreciate it , here is another update First Boss and intro to world 2. I will change the dialogue later on :)

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited August 2016

I love the sounds you picked.
    Cartoony running and retro dialogue box sounds and jump

Very nice

Nice to see your progress buddy

Thanks guys for your continuous support and feedback !

• apptrap22apptrap22 Member Posts: 2

It looks amazing great job keep it up

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Nice job so far!
    Hopefully the knowledge from your previous one will make this one easier.
    Best,

@apptrap22 Thanks alot !

@Two.E Yes everything is much easier now but still learning everyday from the forums :) thanks for your feedback, appreciate it !

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Looking good! It reminds me a bit of Goblin Sword which I've been enjoying this past week.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang I love these 2d games I will play it maybe take some ideas here and there, thanks !

edited October 2016

Hello there , I took 2 months break from GS and decided to get back to developing , here is some more gameplay video , hopefully I'll stick to the project now and keep moving forward , still making world 2 . I hope you like it :)

• @Icebox I think you are getting very close to something great here and hope you stick with it. This is a style of platformer that has seen some success on the app store. One suggestion. I really like the art style but think the level art is just a tad to dreary (maybe just the background) consider this screen shot to the Sword of Zolan, a similar style game.
    It has a similar look to yours, with a faded and basic background, but a tad more color and liveliness that is a bit more enjoyable. Just my opinion, but I think it would really change how your game looks. I like your ground tiles, but even think if you slightly upped the green in them it could look a little better.
    Keep up the good work!

@RossmanBrothersGames thanks for your feedback , your right i didnt notice up until i saw the picture of the game , i need to add more details and work on the design more :# it will take time but ill try my best .. thanks again :) and i wish you the best with your game

• @Icebox said:
    @RossmanBrothersGames thanks for your feedback , your right i didnt notice up until i saw the picture of the game , i need to add more details and work on the design more :# it will take time but ill try my best .. thanks again :) and i wish you the best with your game

A lot of the details and design in your game are great! More details will come over time as you think "I should add this" But I think an instant and less time taking improvement could be taking the level artwork you already have (which looks good) and doing a simple "replace color" with some slightly more vibrant colors (not too vibrant, as I think that wouldn't look good also) :)

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Love it. Great work. Sounds are superb. The best way I can describe great sounds to actions is "Rewarding". You reward players with pleasurable sounds to their actions.
    We want to hear the sounds. It's actually pleasurable.

If I could humbly make a comment.
    Let's first look at the screen shot Sword of Zolan.

We have three enemies. Three traps. Two barrels. Block, jar. 6 grass elements. All on player's level. (Ignore the background).
    It's rich but not overwhelming. Very dynamic but balanced.

So now let's watch your game video. Maybe two enemies but mostly one at a time. One mushroom. Sometimes just the player. There are moments when things get interesting. More going on. Multiple elements on screen at same time.

Maybe add more elements at times?

Great game so far!

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

Looks good :) keep up the work

@RossmanBrothersGames I will change the colors to see the new results , thanks !

@Toque Thanks alot for your feedback , I need to get multiple elements on screen as you mentioned , ill work on that. Your right , after comparing i can see that my game lacks alot of element its not as interesting as sword of zolan. Thanks !

@jay2dx Thanks ! :)

• Amare StudioAmare Studio Member, PRO Posts: 12

Awesome.Good work :)

@Icebox said:
    @RossmanBrothersGames I will change the colors to see the new results , thanks !

@Toque Thanks alot for your feedback , I need to get multiple elements on screen as you mentioned , ill work on that. Your right , after comparing i can see that my game lacks alot of element its not as interesting as sword of

@jay2dx Thanks ! :)

Your game is amazing but not finished!!
    Great stuff there. What's done is well done.

Thanks for the support guys , i changed the colors of the ground tiles,added some background/more details to the level and made a death animation , it looks better now , I still need to add more enemies , but im too lazy to animate :D . Here is the updated version , feedback is great so far and I appreciate it, I think I can improve more so thanks alot :)

• Great improvement!

Looking good. Great.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Thanks guys im glad you like it ! :)

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Nice! looking better!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• WeiyuWeiyu Member Posts: 216

It's amazing!! I like this style!! :D

• agbeyeidagbeyeid Member Posts: 18

Really great stuff you got going on

Icebox. Watching the videos. They are pieces. Can you tell me a little about the character? What's the story of the game?

Thanks.

edited November 2016

Thanks everyone

@Toque I don't really have a story , i just created a list of things i want to make , create a Hero , NPC's, Dialoug Box with typing effect , 10-20 enemies , terrains , 4 backgrounds , create a mechanic (turning monster to a box) , 3 save slots and thats it .. I will come up with a story once i finish these pieces ,im still changing things here and there , so thats why i keep asking for feedback... I don't think im doing it the right way , but I just want to work on something , cause if i sit down and think of a story ill take ages , so i keep thinking of stuff while i develop :)