Platformer game progress

124»

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Awesome , I always have problems with colors in my progress , but im glad that it looks normal cause I didn't see many games that mix different art styles , so thought it might look bad .. thanks !

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Icebox said:
    Iv been trying to draw a decent pixelated background but I couldnt , i just cant get it right , so i painted with a brush instead ..

Looks really nice !

@Icebox said:
    but now i dont know if it fits with the gameplay.. I added fog and particles made it a bit dark ... Here is a little video

I think it fits really well, like Dave says you might need to tune the colours of the other characters a little to fit it with the new background.

I think the fog is sat on the wrong plane, I suspect it needs to come forward towards the viewer (slower parallax than the platforms), it just looks a little odd moving at the same rate as the platforms, bringing it forward will give it all a little more depth.

Thanks for the feedback , im actually spawning the fog with particles at a slow velocity random(20,40) thats why it looks like its moving with the platforms .. I think ill remove it for now and see what i can do later on with it, I finally found a style to stick to though.. i keep changing stuff based on the feedback i get which is great .. thanks alot everyone ! This is taking me forever I'll have to speed things up :)

• Nice work @icebox really excited to see how this turns out for you! You could try pixelating the background with a filter and see how it turns out. But it also looks good like this. Love the fog and everything. Only going to get better.

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

Great job, @Icebox . This looks very promising.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Inspired. I added a bit fog effect to my current game.
    Still think the spikes are too small. No worries. Haha.

@RossmanBrothersGames @mhedges Thanks guys ! :)

@Toque awesome and I'll change the spikes soon thats for sure :D

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Could always try spikes a bit bigger but smaller transparent collision boxfor it.