Roll Turtle - an exciting rolling journey platform game.

Comments

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

I can't think of anything reasons why they didn't feature your game on app store. My best guess is the loading time on iPhones. This may affecting their considerations for featuring your game.

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

Just finished all levels! :) love the extra baby turtle mode. You did an amazing job on everything.

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    edited May 2016

@timolapre1998 wow, I think you are the first one finished all levels! You have a great gaming skills! ;) do you try to get achievements or medals?

@Clock thank you, and I want to let more player know Roll Turtle, need GS forums you guys help me. I need your help, thank you guys!

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

Downloaded! @kirafu, You've been an insperation for years on this project! I remember when you first announced you left your job to make this game and how you would babysit your child while working on it. Best of luck to you. Thank you.

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

I would go on the touch arcade forums and hand out some codes to get people talking about it more, do it soon, it's an awesome community that really wants to help others get games noticed. If you wanted to PM me a couple codes I could send them to a couple guys I know who help promote games. (No worries if you'd rather do it yourself

Also I noticed Apple have been handling their features a little different. Adding titles throughout the week, and not as many keeping about half the previous weeks games on the list. Hopefully yours can get added

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

@timolapre1998 said:
    Just finished all levels! :) love the extra baby turtle mode. You did an amazing job on everything.

spoiler alert!

edited May 2016

@Clock said:
    I can't think of anything reasons why they didn't feature your game on app store. My best guess is the loading time on iPhones. This may affecting their considerations for featuring your game.

i don't think its loading times, i pretty much download most featured games each week and most have loading of some sort and some even want to download more data! i promptly delete those apps though, really winds me up,

i think most features are based on a combination of news on websites, twitter and forums, the apple reviewer liking your game and downloads within the first few week, a game can be featured many weeks after launch as its not really based on release date!

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

I express my feelings about the game on touch arcade, I hope it helps

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2016

@kirafu You'll like this... I downloaded Roll Turtle to my iPad, played rated and reviewed in the AU store in the morning then waited. Later in the day I checked for the review... nothing? I checked in the evening from my iMac... still nothing? I guessed my review didn't stick. So I wrote another one and submitted it.

Yesterday afternoon I checked the App Store again and both my ratings and reviews are there! Two for the price of one, ha ha. :D

My App Store avatar is the same on both, RicoRicoAU, so I assume the reviewer didn't notice or Apple just use a "SwearBot" to check for inappropriate words.

Come On Aussie GS Developers, come on, give Kirafu a rating and review. Once he has five reviews they'll show the 5* rating.

edited May 2016

@gamestudent @jay2dx @onelasttime @PhilipCC
    thank you guys, I am grateful for your support, I saw TouchArcade you post and talk about it, It is very useful, now Roll Turtle is Touch Arcadr "Hot Games" #7, I don't know why, but if get #1 or #2, maybe can cause apple attention, thank you.

@RossmanBrothersGames sure, I need your help and thank you, I'll pm you.

@PhilipCC thank you very much, I had noticed this, Yesterday. Read these review really touch my heart, thank you like Roll Turtle and share your love.

One piece of advise I would give you is get working on an update with a few new levels or something! Updates are great if people can see your supporting the game past launch, maybe one more new world!

edited May 2016

@jay2dx thanks for your suggestion, I'll try, Roll Turtle just release 5 days ago, maybe after a few months later, and I saw most player not yet finish all level of Roll Turtle now. It still has a lot of fun things hidden waiting to be discovered, I hid a lot of secret in there, some surprises waiting to be discovered :smile:

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486
    edited May 2016

I reviewed you man – I am moss bunnie. Have you thought about trying to get some of these Youtube review people to have a look?

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

@monkeyboy simian said:
    I reviewed you man – I am moss bunnie. Have you thought about trying to get some of these Youtube review people to have a look?

Where to find those YT people

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Finally had some spare time to give this a go. I am blown away. Its absolutely amazing. Every detail, the animation. Way to go.
    I am just disappointed that GS loading times are causing an issue for you. Not really much you can do about it though.
    Best of luck with updates, and I look forward to continuing my way through each level.

• swanyboyswanyboy Member Posts: 38

It got featured!

• swanyboyswanyboy Member Posts: 38

Congrats!

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440

YOU MADE IT!!!!!!!! ITS UNDER GAMES WE LOVE ON THE US APP STORE!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I'm trying to upload the screenshot I took but imgr is not working!!! CONGRATS @kirafu

• itachi23itachi23 Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2016

@kirafu hope u will get a good luck with the featured, i am now on the sky world, its to hard too complete all the level with golden state. but the game is awesome and its one of its kind

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Wow! Congrats! So awesome!

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

Congrats on being featured in the US App store!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited May 2016

Awesome, great job and good luck with the feature!

You've worked on this for a long time (years!) so its great to see it getting some recognition, fantastic!

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Awesome, congrats @kirafu

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Saw the feature late last night while browsing my iPad. Congratz @kirafu !

Follow us: Twitter - Website

Haha! Yes! Been really hoping that would happen for you, nice work!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

im so happy for you @kirafu , wish you the best !

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

congrats again @kirafu ! the app store gods listened to our prayers!

• CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674

Well deserved and congrats! I'm glad to see Apple paid proper attention to your great game. :smiley: