Roll Turtle - an exciting rolling journey platform game.

Comments

• whycaliwhycali Member, PRO Posts: 87

Congrats @kirafu on getting noticed!! It gives me hope that one day my app will make it :)

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

I'm glad your hard work and patience is paying off. You're an inspiration for the GS commuity

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@ Kirafu

A well deserved feature !

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    edited May 2016

thank you gamesalad forums everyone, read every comment, you guys with me through this journey, it was a long journey, it's really touch my heart, I have to say, without you guys supports all this does not happen, I don't know how to describe my feelings, you are my family, everyone of this forums, I love you guys! thank very much guys! :'(

Friends from the America, let's play Roll Turtle together! :D

if anyone have any feedback or suggestions. please let me know, thank you.

*And I want to know how many player finish all levels and worlds, if you did it, let me know :smiley:

Roll Turtle

Roll Turtle

Roll Turtle

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

@kirafu Just purchased Roll Turtle :)!!

Amazing game! Congrats on your feature with Apple! All of your hard work paid off B)

• whycaliwhycali Member, PRO Posts: 87

I see your also top 150 on paid apps.

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440

I am not sure if you can share "exact numbers" but please let us know how the game is doing sales wise. I always like to ask so I can "strive" towards something and it's truly an inspiring story my friend!

• itachi23itachi23 Member Posts: 14

like father , like sun
    i completed all the level, and enjoyed the game, well done @kirafu

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278

@kirafu beautiful game out there, bought it n enjoyed it and wow the GUI n Game .. I think it's the best on GS.. Will put review soon but I have one suggestion, I completed world 1 and was expecting world 2 to open but realized I need to collect more eggs.. Well me as a casual game expects to finish game without collection thing .. Or Perhaps you can lower the eggs count to unlock the next world aiming some easiness.. It's my suggestion only :smile: .. But beautiful work out there.. I might need some guidance from u for controls as ur controls, physics is amazing..

• mars-sevenmars-seven ParisMember, PRO Posts: 49

Well-deserved @kirafu ! :smile: I wonder if you have some figures to share with us? Could be really inspiring.

My iOS games here and Android games here

thank you guys, I am very happy to share everything you want to know that, Honestly, good and not good.

last Wednesday, Roll Tutrtle suddenly appeared Featured in the United States, that is most downloads a day , about 500 downloads, but only one day.

Friday, app store update, I don't know why Roll Turtle remove that "we love new games", usually Featured time is a week, but Roll Turtle just 48 hours, I even had not any chance to promote it, It just suddenly disappeared, I don't know why, but when it's not featured, there is very few downloads, yesterday just 5 downloads...

2 years work, I think game over.

Now my only chance is I need to collect some information submitted to apple, prove American players will love it, like gamesalad May game of the week, or some good review, and ask apple maybe Featured Roll Tirtle in U.S again (Because just 48 hours...That is not normal) and I need that help promo Roll Turtle, but need to as soon as possible, because Roll turtle will not always a new game, Apple will not Featured in "best new game"

But game of the month, don't know when announce...maybe when it announce but will too late..

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited May 2016

Sadly, from what I hear, its a new policy... they're cycling through more new features a week now... updating two to three times per week, instead of weekly.

I think its all part of the new Appstore under the new store team at Apple. Its been talked about on various tech websites and blogs... particularly with regards to the rumoured "paid features/rankings" that they're meant to be implementing, if they haven't already.

Theres no reason why they shouldn't feature Roll Turtle again though, it happens with lots of apps that are featured... but yup, you definitely need to keep hassling them about getting featured again...

edited May 2016

@Chunkypixels Thank you quick comment, this explains part of my heart doubt, I also observed that.

And it will change featured position once every few days, the effect of differences between # 4 and # 12 very large, when Roll Turtle featured position is #4, 1 day is 400 downloads. When Roll Turtle featured position is #12, 1 day is 150 downloads, so a week total is very few downloads... because most of the time position is #12.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

I love how you dismiss everyone else's games for your own needs :D.
    Love this community.
    All serious though, GS game of Month is not a creditable source. You have won offical game prizes, in my opinion they would provide better.

Also, there is only a short time period for you to reply to that email. Don't leave it for too many days.
    All the best :)

good news is I received a mail from app store team, "App Store: Promotional artwork request for Roll Turtle".

"Your app, Roll Turtle, is being considered for promotion on the App Store. While the promotion is not guaranteed, artwork is required if your app is selected."

so if I can, I want to replay this mail and send they some info, prove Roll Turtle worth it, like Gamesalad May game of the week, but I need it as soon as possible, or opportunity fleeting.

@Two.E Thank you, but I really do not know what else I could do now, I uploaded art work, and just wait miracles happen or not....fingers crossed.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Thats great news @kirafu if they're asking for promo artwork, then your in with a good chance of getting one of the larger, more prominent featured slots.

I really feel for you though... after all the time and effort you've put into Roll Turtle, this part must be tying your stomach in knots with all the highs and lows of App Store launch...

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

Hey guys and gals! Get a sticky note that reads "Roll Turtle is number one on the US App Store" and put it on your monitor. Every time you look at it say it out loud. Collective energy and intention can make anything happen! :grin:

• CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    edited June 2016

@kirafu If I were you I'd only be worried about making the very best artwork for that banner. If you already sent one I'm sure you could always do another better one and send that as well. Apple probably would love to have 2 or 3 to choose from. I would suggest making it exciting (action packed maybe him rolling with a cool swirl effect and perspective) so don't just reuse assets from the game. At this point the quality of the banner is paramount for success with Apple imho. Oh, and if you reply with a message I wouldn't focus on awards (your success doesn't hinge on GS GoTM) simply state that you believe Roll Turtle appeals to a wide audience and more exposure would make it a sure hit. Maybe mention it shot up the charts with only 1 day feature exposure with no other marketing or promotion. Apple just cares about featuring apps that appeal to the most people. Best of luck!

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@Crazybreadman said:
    @kirafu If I were you I'd only be worried about making the very best artwork for that banner. If you already sent one I'm sure you could always do another better one and send that as well. Apple probably would love to have 2 or 3 to choose from. I would suggest making it exciting (action packed maybe him rolling with a cool swirl effect and perspective) so don't just reuse assets from the game. At this point the quality of the banner is paramount for success with Apple imho. Oh, and if you reply with a message I wouldn't focus on awards (your success doesn't hinge on GS GoTM) simply state that you believe Roll Turtle appeals to a wide audience and more exposure would make it a sure hit. Maybe mention it shot up the charts with only 1 day feature exposure with no other marketing or promotion. Apple just cares about featuring apps that appeal to the most people. Best of luck!

He can upload just 1 psd file(5-6 layers) and there are lots of rules about that. I'm sure kirafu has done a great job.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

Haha! Just saw the feature today. On the front page under heroes in a half shell, it has the new TMNT game, war tortoise, and Roll Turtle. LOL perfect timing for releasing at the same time as other turtle games. Congrats @kirafu

thank you guys, I appreciate all who have already got intrested in this title.

and to celebrate Roll Turtle Featured in the GameSalad’s Game of the Month, Roll Turtle offer 33% OFF for a limited time ( 6/4 ~ 6/18).
    Roll Turtle is NO iap, No ads, PAY ONCE AND PLAY FOREVER game! Don't miss out!
    app store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id985077390
    new trailer:

Once again, thank you :smile:

edited June 2016

"All Level Perfect!"

Roll Turtle

First All Level Perfect Player!
    After game released 2 weeks, finally someone did it!
    Roll Turtle All Level Perfect is really hard and challenge, and this player just use Daddy Turtle did it!
    Great player! great skill! it's amazing!
    Who's next? ;)

Roll Turtle

"Congratulations of the great achievement!!! It's extremely hard to collect all the crowns, however, it's possible~ Thanks for your excellent work, I really have a great time during these days!!!"
    ~Yuxuan

Glad to see it happen!
    This player post on Roll Turtle Facebook page :D

"GameSalad Game of the Month!"
    33% OFF for a limited time ( 6/4 ~ 6/18).
    It is not a Baby game, even though it looks very cute, some player say this game is the Dark Souls style of cute game with fun, if you want to try it, Don't miss out!
    app store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id985077390
    And don't hesitate to let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions. thank you :)

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited June 2016

Featured page of the UK App Store:

@Socks thanks of support :smile:

"Heroes in a Half Shell"
    Thanks for apple Featured, there are war tortoise, Roll Turtle, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    Daddy Turtle not a hero, if Baby Turtle need, he would be a hero ;)

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@kirafu, maybe inadvertently good timing on your release with the recent release of the TMNT2 movie! :)

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

@jamie_c , @kirafu ,

Good timing indeed! Start working on Roll Turtle 2 for when the next Ninja Turtles movie comes out! B)

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

@kirafu So awesome to see you featured again within the App Store, congrats! Would you mind sharing data on how this bigger spot and extended time frame, did with downloads? Just wondering :) Keep up the amazing work!!