GameSalad

WIP - currently nameless mobile app

1235»

Comments

• smurftedsmurfted Posts: 493Member, BASIC

Looks like a 3d program to me..

• ChechesoftChechesoft Posts: 157Member, PRO

Cant believe is Game Salad! that's awesome Socks, congrats... I am still recovering for that massive mind blown.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,821Member

@Adrenaline said:
    If that's the case, I'd go back to the old version and then just split the difference for the 'it' spacing that you used in the old and new versions.

I'll have a play around with this later, I suspect this is one of those shapes that is unkernable (neologism alert!), whichever way I push the various elements it always looks a little off balance ! But I'm going to go in an wrestle the letters until they submit.

Wish me luck ! :)

@adent42 said:
    Logo. First one with closer kerning.

Are y ou su re abo ut that, I'm a b ig fan of cu tting erg e exp erimen tal ke rning.

@adent42 said:
    Also, since this is the first time I've seen the video for this thread:

Lol, the thing I'm not happy with is that both the brain and the guy have teeth at the end, I thought the teeth came out with the brain, meaning the guy should be teeth-less.

Ok, I'm overthinking this :D

edited February 2017

@elementappdev said:
    How do you go about making something like that? Is it photoshop or some other program? I really like it!

@Adrenaline said:
    Probably After Effects

@smurfted said:
    Looks like a 3d program to me..

You can do this kind of thing pretty easily in lots of programs, motion graphics programs like After Effects, 3D programs like Cinema4D or blender - and so on.

In After Effects simply draw a path, apply the Stroke filter and animate the start and/or end points.

In a 3D program the process is almost the same, draw a path, then extrude or sweep a shape along that path.

I actually did it like this, I drew the original logo in Illustrator, just a single path, then imported this path into Cinema4D, where I 'swept' a circle along the path (basically extruding), this was then rendered as a Quicktime and imported in AfterEffects where I added the shadows and did a bit of touching up and kerning. But you can easily do this all in one piece of software.

@Chechesoft said:
    Cant believe is Game Salad! that's awesome Socks, congrats... I am still recovering for that massive mind blown.

Cheers Chechesoft !

• LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,853Member

Crazy stuff!

• Two.ETwo.E Posts: 431Member, BASIC

Just a small - friendly (in no way pressuring) bump to see if any progress?

Best,

• Cat GamingCat Gaming Posts: 47Member

Dude!!!! THATS AWESOME!!!!

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Posts: 263Member, PRO

Hi @Socks I just came across this! Any advance? :P

• loganjan22loganjan22 Posts: 12Member, PRO

Any update on the game would be awesome! This is such a cool concept that you have managed to create. Amazing! @Socks

1235»