WIP - currently nameless mobile app

1235»

Comments

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Looks like a 3d program to me..

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

Cant believe is Game Salad! that's awesome Socks, congrats... I am still recovering for that massive mind blown.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Adrenaline said:
    If that's the case, I'd go back to the old version and then just split the difference for the 'it' spacing that you used in the old and new versions.

I'll have a play around with this later, I suspect this is one of those shapes that is unkernable (neologism alert!), whichever way I push the various elements it always looks a little off balance ! But I'm going to go in an wrestle the letters until they submit.

Wish me luck ! :)

@adent42 said:
    Logo. First one with closer kerning.

Are y ou su re abo ut that, I'm a b ig fan of cu tting erg e exp erimen tal ke rning.

@adent42 said:
    Also, since this is the first time I've seen the video for this thread:

Lol, the thing I'm not happy with is that both the brain and the guy have teeth at the end, I thought the teeth came out with the brain, meaning the guy should be teeth-less.

Ok, I'm overthinking this :D

edited February 2017

@elementappdev said:
    How do you go about making something like that? Is it photoshop or some other program? I really like it!

@Adrenaline said:
    Probably After Effects

@smurfted said:
    Looks like a 3d program to me..

You can do this kind of thing pretty easily in lots of programs, motion graphics programs like After Effects, 3D programs like Cinema4D or blender - and so on.

In After Effects simply draw a path, apply the Stroke filter and animate the start and/or end points.

In a 3D program the process is almost the same, draw a path, then extrude or sweep a shape along that path.

I actually did it like this, I drew the original logo in Illustrator, just a single path, then imported this path into Cinema4D, where I 'swept' a circle along the path (basically extruding), this was then rendered as a Quicktime and imported in AfterEffects where I added the shadows and did a bit of touching up and kerning. But you can easily do this all in one piece of software.

@Chechesoft said:
    Cant believe is Game Salad! that's awesome Socks, congrats... I am still recovering for that massive mind blown.

Cheers Chechesoft !

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

Crazy stuff!

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Just a small - friendly (in no way pressuring) bump to see if any progress?

Best,

• Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49

Dude!!!! THATS AWESOME!!!!

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Hi @Socks I just came across this! Any advance? :P

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

I would love to have a look at your file! Please @Socks! :smiley:

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

first time i have seen this. looks pretty cool, but there is no way in hell that was made using gs.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited June 2019

@bob loblaw said:
    first time i have seen this. looks pretty cool, but there is no way in hell that was made using

It was indeed made with GS. Socks is a GS god. Probably a god in other areas as well.

But I don’t blame you for questioning it if you didn’t know him and it’s really impressive.

If you read through he kind of explains how he did it. Hundreds of images and particles. I don’t really know.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@bob loblaw said:
    first time i have seen this. looks pretty cool, but there is no way in hell that was made using gs.

Yep, most definitely created with GameSalad.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

if that's gs then i am highly impressed

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited July 2019

@bob loblaw said:
    if that's gs then i am highly impressed

I can indeed attest to this Bob - Socks is a true legend, alongside others - he's come up with many, many inventive (and free!) examples of doing stuff we thought was pretty much impossible in GS, and helped me massively on a couple of projects...

It's just a shame that like a lot of us older crew, there's no real compelling reason/incentive to visit the forums as much these days... Socks and others were amazingly helpful to veterans and newbies alike.

As much as I'd love to be able to, I can't even help people as much as I'd like at present anyway, as there's no justification for my paying for the GS license just to be able to create and test examples, and I think Socks possibly has too much on these days too...

but in summary, yes, Socks' example is absolutely 100% GS (and jaw-dropping), and if you were around BITD, you'd be very surprised at his regular examples of 3D and maths based trickery, and his mastery of COS and SIN, etc... :wink: !