GameSalad Creator 1.25.96 RC

Comments

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229
    edited January 2020

@Armelline said:
    Will say though @adent42 the last version was so, so much faster than the current stable one, even ignoring the Mojave issues. Just scrolling through logic hasn't been this smooth in years. Great stuff.

I second that! I have a nightmarish actor ( a huge endless string of store logic) that used to take forever to even open, scrolling was very choppy as well. Now it opens pretty much instantaneously and scrolls ...

@adent42 your hard work is paying off, In all, Creator is getting nice!. :) thank you.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Still some dark mode/light mode issues when viewing the attributes of an actor on the scene. Not spotted any other dark mode issues.

Previewing different aspect ratios is... odd in all these new builds. It doesn't seem to work quite right but not positive exactly what's wrong. It seems to be stretching when you hit reset, whatever option was selected.

• Orionis ArtsOrionis Arts Member, PRO Posts: 20

I updated to Catalina without thinking, and everything was working really smoothly and fast in the editor, that was until saving the apk to the desktop after signing it, I get this screen
    - and no files are saved. I do remember a dialogue earlier asking me if gamesalad could have access to the "desktop" folder - that's where I was attempting to publish the apks after signing.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

so I gave this a go on the iMac today. compared to the previous version, it runs so much faster. will let you know of any issues, but so far so good.

running on 2017 iMac retina 4k 3ghz quad i5 8gb ram with Catalina. hopefully even quicker when I upgrade to ssd (and maybe the ram as well).

edited February 2020

ok, so I absolutely hate the darkening of attributes when you open an actor that's on the stage. if that's what dark mode is, is there a way to turn it off?

unless the version of creator I downloaded is in league with Lucifer, this can't be right....

edit: now I've seen @Armelline has posted the same thing... +1

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

We should have a fix this week. It's something I saw a couple of weeks ago, but we've been waist deep in conferences. It took a while for me to see it because it's fine on the scene editor, just weird in the actor editor.

thanks @adent42

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

RC has been updated for the instance attribute editor color issue. I just need to figure out what's going on with android app signing and I think we're good to call this a wrap!

attribute redacting issue looks fixed. thanks @adent42

edited February 2020

@adent42 said:
    RC has been updated for the instance attribute editor color issue. I just need to figure out what's going on with android app signing and I think we're good to call this a wrap!

I know all I do is nag you these days but if you could find a little time to make the "Choose" button be highlighted when making attributes, so we can just hit enter to make them, that would be surprisingly time-saving little addition. It's one of the only bad things about this new version of Creator you've been working on compared to the old.

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

I can think of MANY time saving changes. While I really appreciate GS transparency, I have to confess I feel like I'm paying for an unfinished product (well technically I am lol). > @Armelline said:

@adent42 said:

I know all I do is nag you these days but if you could find a little time to make the "Choose" button be highlighted when making attributes, so we can just hit enter to make them, that would be surprisingly time-saving little addition. It's one of the only bad things about this new version of Creator you've been working on compared to the old.

edited February 2020

@adent42 ios publishing seems to be stuck again. could it please be looked at and fixed?

@bob loblaw it should be "unstuck". PM me any stuck projects if you still have problems (or ping the support chat and they can help you faster)

thank you, and will do i the future.

@Orionis Arts I need to look into how to address it from our side better, but it looks like Catalina has more security checks for writing files. There may be some steps in this article that will help. In the mean time, I need to find ways to ensure we keep asking for permission until we get it or cancel gracefully and not in that half Congratulations state.

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission#folders

not a biggie, but the save image for a scene seems to not be working

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

@sinbot said:
    I can think of MANY time saving changes. While I really appreciate GS transparency, I have to confess I feel like I'm paying for an unfinished product (well technically I am lol).

what he said...

edited March 2020

so weird thing, when i hit preview on .96, sometimes some of my actors’ assigned images display as other images.

edit: i should mention this was running on catalina.

• traceur93traceur93 Member Posts: 44

Hi @adent42!

I developed some videogames with GS and I love the way it works. Bugs aside :smile:
    I would like to create a visual novel/Adventure game with it and it will take a while to be completed. I would like to understand if there's a possibility in a short-mid term future to have a native Windows, Mac and Linux version or if we don't have any chance!

Thank you in advance,
    MoonMonky Studio

@Orionis Arts So I can't reproduce your error. Which version of Catalina are you on?

@traceur93
    Short term, use HTML5. I have an updated engine that should fix some issues.
    Mid term, we're working on it.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited March 2020

Yes and thank you; but i little bit confused. I don't know exactly which i need to follow.

@pinkio75

The idea is to use a program called NW.js to you wrap your HTML5 files into a stand-alone app. You can google info on that. I'll try to find some better instructions or make our own soon.

• Orionis ArtsOrionis Arts Member, PRO Posts: 20

@adent42 I downgraded back to Mojave, everything is running perfectly, but if you'd like I can upgrade again and help test in the new OS- see if it happens again?

@adent42 said:
    @pinkio75

The idea is to use a program called NW.js to you wrap your HTML5 files into a stand-alone app. You can google info on that. I'll try to find some better instructions or make our own soon.

Ok thank you!

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

Hi. Will there be plans to update the Windows creator?

The online editor after importing projects issued errors on actors but looking at the rules, there is no easy way I can see to locate them especially if the actor contains lots of rules. Some kind of indicator in red would help alot. Because of this, I cant use the online version. Probably ok for new projects only.

When I last used the mac version it had all sorts of crash issues or when you click to edit a rule with and wanting to change values, the edit box would be blank. So cant work with that version. I will retest this week.

Then I installed the Windows version which is not as usable as the mac version and when I started to drag/drop actors in layers or even use the layers scroll bar, it was buggy and not able to drag/drop correctly. Scroll down starts a drag operation, drag/drop may work with left or right mouse click or not at all.

From looking at the forum, I beieve you plan to just go forward with the online editor and drop the others. If this is the case, please let the community know or please provide some kind of date you will produce updated Mac and Windows editors. If you open sourced the editors, the community could quickly add features like snap to grid, zoom etc without having to result in the online version.