GameSalad Creator 1.25.96 RC

124»

Comments

• Jeffm2Jeffm2 Member, PRO Posts: 142

When will this be an actual downloadable release?

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

see the first post

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

FYI, for the "final" release we'll be releasing it as 1.25.97 so that the .96 people are updated as well.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited March 2020

Been playing around with this and it seem to be really stable and fast! Couple issues here and there like:

Custom resolution only lets me put values in once per preview, if i add a second it glitches out and won't show the field correctly. Exiting preview and coming back it's fine again.

Can't search in the image field anymore by typing a name (but I think this is due to the replacement of the image viewer used in GS, so not a biggie.)

Anyone else seen anything worth noting? I'm thinking of switching to this as my main development creator version.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited March 2020

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Anyone else seen anything worth noting?

Preview is much less reliable when trying different screen sizes. I find it's impossible to accurately preview iPhone X dimensions now. Ended up litereally buying one to test with.

names of actors seem to turn black when you change one, and the + - buttons aren’t visible.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

All. 1.25.97 is now an official release. I'll be sinking this thread.

@Armelline I don't test resize of preview so I'll look into it for .98.
    @bob loblaw we'll look into that.

cheers @adent42

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682
    edited March 2020

Thanks @adent42
    Please can we get a saveable custom resolution soon as at the mo there is still no option for long-form devices. iPhone X for example has an aspect ratio of 2.17:1

Also tiny niggle, prior to this release I could double click a project and it would open itself within GameSalad. Now It only opens GameSalad and then I have to double click it again. As I said a tiny niggle but just curious why?

• gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67
    edited March 2020

When I use the screenshot button or publish a project, gamesalad basically crashes after that. @adent42

This is for version 1.25.97

edited April 2020

@adent42 First full day with new Creator. Where is the best place for us to post any issues that we find? Is it on this thread?

The main one that is making working quite difficult atm is the black text on a dark background. Please see attatched:

P.S. Could be that you are already aware of this and this release is just for light mode, I've not kept up with these threads recently. I've switched to light mode for now.

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

used for just a short time so far but tried to test out some stuff. I can't tell what was updated to be honest. still can't do screenshots. I'm soon to have 60+ scenes for my app and if I can't visually reference them I am going to go bonkers. also still need to input dimensions to view current device resolutions. super annoying. I'm curious to know what exactly was improved with this update??

@strag what OS are you running? I don't see that issue.
    @sinbot what OS and what version of GS are you running?

@strag I do see the text issue, but the preview images are all properly display. I'll look into it.

edited April 2020

@adent42 said:
    @strag I do see the text issue, but the preview images are all properly display. I'll look into it.

I'm running it on Mojave V 10.14.6
    I've since switched to light mode with no issues so it's not a show-stopper but nice-to-have.

P.S. No problem with images, they were just blank actors in my screengrab.

@strag found the issue and also why it wasn't showing up for me (at first). The UI file sets the text color correctly. The code changes the color when you click an actor and THEN changes it back to black. I think it also does it on screen refresh.

So that will be fixed in .98.

@gizzi93 it took most of the day but I finally figured out what was breaking on screenshots. so that should be fixed in .98 as well.

@sinbot haven't looked at the reset thing yet, I might do that as part of a fast .99 (i.e. get the screenshot and text color issues fixed and out there first, then look into this).

@adent42 said:
    @strag found the issue and also why it wasn't showing up for me (at first). The UI file sets the text color correctly. The code changes the color when you click an actor and THEN changes it back to black. I think it also does it on screen refresh.

So that will be fixed in .98.

@gizzi93 it took most of the day but I finally figured out what was breaking on screenshots. so that should be fixed in .98 as well.

@sinbot haven't looked at the reset thing yet, I might do that as part of a fast .99 (i.e. get the screenshot and text color issues fixed and out there first, then look into this).

Great, thanks.

We're still doing internal testing, but if anyone want to take a chance on it (or are desperate for dark mode and screenshots), grab it here:

https://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.98.dmg

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

Yes! Thank you. This will definitely speed up development for me. If it helps.. I'm using Catalina 10.15.4> @adent42 said:

We're still doing internal testing, but if anyone want to take a chance on it (or are desperate for dark mode and screenshots), grab it here:

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited April 2020

@adent42 said:

Will give it a try. I once again plead for some way to see what actors an attribute is used in. That was never an "official" feature but was so relentlessly useful.