Is this a good logo?

crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
What do you think of my logo?

Comments

• stackpoolestackpoole Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 473
    I honestly think it could be better, looks quite bland to be honest.
    Just my opinion..

Sydney Swans 2014!!

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    doesn't really stand out
  • zombiesdrulezombiesdrule PRO Posts: 131
    I didn't see the G at first, it doesn't read well.
    I personally prefer some thing more graphic.
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    I agree on not seeing the G at first, too. I was wondering what Crazy Cam Ames was. Sounds French lol.

Ace
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    I like the way you started with it in black and white first... If a logo looks good in black and white then adding colora and gradients can only build on a strong base. Most over complicate their first effort with shadows, bevels, and effects.

Secondly I like the fact you have tried to line up the crazy cam and the games text to keep it tidy.

And finally I like the way you used a clean font as many like to go for a gimmicky font which cheapens it.

However, overall it looks a bit bland.

Why crazy cam games? Are you crazy, do you film stuff? Do you have crazy cameras in your games?

Are you 'kids' type crazy or 'mental institute' crazy?

Give us a bit of info and maybe the forum could suggest some concepts...
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    CrazyCam99 just a name that I started on the internet when I was 8 and I changed it to CrazyCamGames. The Cam comes from my name : Cameron. The Games from GameSalad. And the Crazy I don't really know.
  • PolarPolar Removed Posts: 35
    Hi @crazycam99 I can help you with ur logo email me at
    polar@themjmdesign.com
    @Polar - I have told you time and again (in fact - I just told you in this thread and this thread) about offering services like this when you are asking for help yourself. It screams untrustworthy.

Ace
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    edited April 2012
    It's not working... It's not connecting the G with the ames - it's lacking a game dev feel... google the logos of the well known developers and you will find a somewhat consistent look and feel that is different from e.g. car manufacturers or pharmaceutical companies... Also the main thing to me would be 'Crazy Cam' - and it's not included in the logo at all...

In order to stay true to my '1 picture says more than 1000 words' - here's a take on the logo - playing with the cam idea - still too conservative and not crazy enough imho.

edited April 2012
    @SpriteAttack - A thousand words have been dealt perfectly ;)

Ace
    Only now have I noticed the C C G in the logo! Genius! :-B

Ace
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
    @spriteattack wow amazing @mynameisace polar is a good quick artist and he has been reliable for me (I even gave him a website email) so in the future don't call him out on being suspicious, even this time may have sounded it.
    I was only pointing out facts - He has, on numerous occasions, asked for help with art and asked for free art from myself and other users (against the forum guidelines), then offered paid art services.

This community means a lot to me, so just want to protect people from getting stung. I have never said don't use him, just pointed out that his actions seem untrustworthy, which, to anybody who doesn't know different, would probably agree with me.

The forum doesn't have a specific guideline for artists to provide portfolios/references just yet, so we have to look out for each other.

Ace
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
    He only asks for backgrounds but he doesn't sting people when it comes to art so just be a little less cautious of him please. I understand your suspicion but I assure you he is well worth it, he worked for me for 15-25 dollars for around 20 images and he puts a ton of time into it.
    @SpriteAttack thanks it looks super!! Could I use it? And I forgot to tell you but I love you art tutorials.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    @beefy_clyro ...saving us from all the bad logos
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Just art in general, the amount i see him post and come up with the perfect piece is amazing
  • WTDeveloperWTDeveloper Member Posts: 352
    @SpriteAttack
    Great work!!!
    Again!!!

WTDeveloper
    @SpriteAttack Could I use the logo?
  • kellykkellyk Member Posts: 51
    SpriteAttack's logo is much better :)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Perhaps @mjmdesign can fill us in more on the subject, sure isn't this the guy with the email @themjmdesign.com ?
    @izam - I'm going to have to close this thread because it's gotten way off course (probably my fault lol), but I think Crazy Cam has a great logo now that Sprite Attack has provided. As for Polar, don't worry, I will be spending the next day looking in to it and see what can be done.

Ace
This discussion has been closed.