Spare Code ? Dump It here.

Comments

• harrywatsonharrywatson Member Posts: 61
    I've got a rule in there with no associated behavior - just two positioning attributes.
    They need to be in the 'otherwise' for some reason. Adapted from tshirt booth's tutorial
    on keeping actors in the same place across scenes. However if I did that, I couldn't
    hide items outside other scenes before they were found.

Weird, but it works.
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    @harrywatson -- Great! That link works. Thanks for sharing with the community!
  • harrywatsonharrywatson Member Posts: 61
    You're welcome. Just working on a jigsaw routine within the same code. so a player can assemble a machine. Or use it to drag a key onto a door.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited November 2013
    Here's an example of a round countdown timer.

The countdown timer actor spawns itself several times to build the layers. You could remove the spawn actor behaviours and place the multiple layers on the scene yourself.

You can remove the last layer which is the frame/border layer if you don't want a frame/border on top of your timer.

Change game.timerMax if you want the clock to run longer or shorter than 20 seconds.

If you want the clock to move more smoothly, change the timer on the reset button to something like every 0.1 seconds and also make sure the change attribute within the timer is set to deduct 0.1 instead of 1.

I've enclosed a PSD file to show how the images need to be formed when creating your own much fancier images.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai6rah75kc3tl68/Round Countdown Timer.zip

EDIT: I've just noticed that I've previously downloaded a circle timer from one of the first nine pages of this thread when I went through and downloaded everything a couple of weeks ago, so probably didn't need to share mine. Oh well, it shows that there's at always at least two ways to achieve something in GameSalad.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @harrywatson & @KevinCross

Good stuff !! : )

edited November 2013
    Here's one from the archives I just found . . .

Scratch card: Scratch off the silver 'foil' to see if you've won, press the red button to reset.

This is actually quite a funny project (I did it as an example for a question asked in the forums), even though I made the project myself, I can never remember how it was done, I can never get my head around how you would be able to scratch through one layer to reveal one beneath, so I open the project and check to see how it was gone . . . . it then becomes obvious . . . a few weeks later I've forgotten again and have no clue as to how you'd do it, it's weird, it's like the method (as cheap and easy as it is) won't stick in my memory !?

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited November 2013
    ….so I open the project and check to see how it was gone . . . . it then becomes obvious . . . a few weeks later I've forgotten again and have no clue as to how you'd do it, it's weird, it's like the method (as cheap and easy as it is) won't stick in my memory !?
    It's a scratch thing, @Socks, remembering eating pork scratchings is the same…

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

It's a scratch thing, @Socks, remembering eating pork scratchings is the same…
    That's what my parole-officer/psychiatrist said "just remain calm and imagine you are eating pork scratchings*"

(*and also "put down the hammer").
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

Haha! :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @Socks thanks for sharing ... ;-)
  • vuifahvuifah Member Posts: 62
    @Socks thank you for all the lovely templates
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    edited November 2013
    I made this for another thread so I might as well post it here! The goal is to push the actor out before time runs out. Its very simple so I don't know if anyone will use it but, hey why not?

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

I made this for another thread so I might as well post it here! The goal is to push the actor out before time runs out. Its very simple so I don't know if anyone will use it but, hey why not?
    Will you accept $10 ?
    @Socks thanks for sharing ... ;-)
    @Socks thank you for all the lovely templates
    @neoman
    @vuifah

Cheers !! :)>-

Here's a weird accidental rainbow spider's web - just click around the screen !
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    Will you accept $10 ?
    Haha I'm still waiting for it.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

edited November 2013
    Here'a conveyer belt path I made as an experiment in response to something Codemonster was making, at the moment it just sends a single object in a conveyer belt style path, but if you open up the actor called 'Spawn a bunch of A's' and switch on it's rules (they are currently switched off) it will give you a series of 'links'.

Figure-of-8 version of the above idea:

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Good stuff, @Socks. =D> And in the spirit of the holidays, here's something I was thinking of selling as a template after I add some more features (still might ;) ) but I've decided to post it here in case anyone finds it useful. Our science teacher wanted something that students could use to create compounds and describe them.

Recipe Maker

Click the ingredient boxes to cycle through the available ingredients. When you match the correct ingredients for a recipe, the result area will display the finished product. Click on the product to view additional information about it.

Currently has three recipes but can adapted for many more (it's table-based). The key is to enter the ingredient names in the table (one recipe per row) exactly as they are named as image files but without the extension (e.g. enter "lemon" for the "lemon.png" image file).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

A curvy line demo for a flying carpet thing . . . but might be useful for other things, maybe a platformer with wobbly platforms !?

@tatiang
    Good stuff, @Socks. =D> And in the spirit of the holidays, here's something I was thinking of selling as a template after I add some more features (still might ;) ) but I've decided to post it here in case anyone finds it useful. Our science teacher wanted something that students could use to create compounds and describe them.
    Cool ! Very adaptable too.

:)>-
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    Umm... Mr. Socks sir.... sometimes you frighten me. How do you keep coming up with these? I once said you had a one-trick-pony. But I was wrong. That thing rattling about in the back of your head is a magical unicorn for sure.
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    Umm... Mr. Socks sir.... sometimes you frighten me. How do you keep coming up with these? I once said you had a one-trick-pony. But I was wrong. That thing rattling about in the back of your head is a magical unicorn for sure.
    @Socks The unicorn farts colourful demos ... ;-) Thanks for sharing @Socks and @tatiang
    @RThurman

Lol ! ;)
    @neoman

Cheers :)>-
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    @Socks maybe you should be called 'Stocking' - stuffed full of Christmas gifts ;)
    An articulated arm . . . . useful for something . . . .

@Socks maybe you should be called 'Stocking' - stuffed full of Christmas gifts ;)
    Reported to the joke police . . . ;) :))
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    An articulated arm . . . . useful for something . . . .

Oh congrats! You've just made a puzzle that will be used in a thousand new adventure games! :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

edited November 2013
    @quantumsheep
    Oh congrats! You've just made a puzzle that will be used in a thousand new adventure games! :D
    Lol, I'll start work on TheMysteryOfTheTwistyArms™ immediately ! ;)
    Here's the previous curvy line demo (on the previous page) but as a wobbly undulating platform in a platform game - I won't post the file as firstly I used CodeMonster's platform artwork (so don't want to give away other people's assets) and secondly it's exactly the same code as in the curvy line demo.